Rave review of the 'Astonishing' KingSound KS-H3 headphones
Mar 14, 2015 at 12:42 PM Post #46 of 60
Since you have mentioned the very unfortunate problems you have had a number of times, let me counter balance by saying that my KS-H3/M-10 have been operating flawlessly since I got them about five months ago. (As I have posted, my original M-10 was faulty and was replaced free of charge.)

I have a STAX 009 in my main stereo system and the KS-H3 at my computer setup. The 009 is far superior, but I still look forward to sitting at the computer, putting on my KS-H3, firing up Spotify, and catching up on news and forums like this. Perfect for a rainy Saturday like today. I had thought the KS would get no more use after I got the STAX, but it has been my Alpha Dogs and LCD-2s that sit on the shelf unused.

Apr 1, 2015 at 8:08 PM Post #48 of 60
  Just picked up the H-03 [again], but this time with the M-20 amplifier.

I patiently await your comparison between the 507 and the H-03... 
biggrin.gif

Apr 17, 2015 at 5:38 PM Post #50 of 60
Have been running the KS H-03 with the WEE, and the combo sounds pretty good.  I preferred the KingSound to the Stax with the Woo WEE.  The Stax sounded too sharp to my ears, although perhaps a bit airier than the KS.

Want to re-tube the M-20 with Telefunkens.  I am sure that this amp can do much, much better without the stock tubes.  I am also pricing a budget re-tube complement, consisting of Mullard EL84s, Tung-Sol 12AX7s and a Telefunken 6V6.

Apr 20, 2015 at 1:15 PM Post #51 of 60
Over the weekend, auditioning the H-03, I had intermittent channel imbalance issues: the left channel would recede and the right channel become prominent.  
It happened with both the WEE and the M-20.
I left the H-03 running for an hour on the M-20 and it went away.
Hope this is only a temporary artifact of "break in"!
But the H-03 DO sound lovely, with good bass extension, punch and articulation. 

May 14, 2015 at 3:24 PM Post #52 of 60
Still enjoying the H-03 as my primary at-home cans.
Re-tubed the M-20 with 2xRaytheon JAN 5755 [w/tube adapters], 4xRussian 6BQ5 and a National Union 6V6.
MUCH better than the stock tubes.

Aug 5, 2015 at 6:30 PM Post #53 of 60

I 100% agree with you.  I picked up a KS KS-H3 with the solid state amp and to me it sounds better than my 507's with SRM-006T Stax setup.    I am sure the 07 and 09 and Stax are a different world.  Now I would like to try a top of the line solid state am with the H3'S.  I also find the KS more comfortable but IMO the Stax is better built especially the cable on the Stax seems to be much better quality.  

Aug 9, 2015 at 4:17 PM Post #56 of 60
IMO the H3's are not harsh like some Stax phones and do not require a Tube amp.   Next for me is to purchase a SRM-323 or 727 and see if it is an improvement from the KingSound SS amp.

Aug 18, 2015 at 8:17 AM Post #57 of 60
Definitely prefer the H-03 to the SR-407/507.  To my ears, the Stax were strident in the upper midrange.
Just implemented a OneAC power conditioner and the H-03/M-10 sound better than ever!
Listened to the EXCELLENT remastered "Miss Peggy Lee" collection over the past few evenings, and the KingSound do these fine recordings true justice: detailed, refined, tonally proper, spatially believable.

Jun 20, 2017 at 10:05 AM Post #59 of 60
Since you have mentioned the very unfortunate problems you have had a number of times, let me counter balance by saying that my KS-H3/M-10 have been operating flawlessly since I got them about five months ago. (As I have posted, my original M-10 was faulty and was replaced free of charge.)

I have a STAX 009 in my main stereo system and the KS-H3 at my computer setup. The 009 is far superior, but I still look forward to sitting at the computer, putting on my KS-H3, firing up Spotify, and catching up on news and forums like this. Perfect for a rainy Saturday like today. I had thought the KS would get no more use after I got the STAX, but it has been my Alpha Dogs and LCD-2s that sit on the shelf unused.

I had no issues with my KS-H3 as well.

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Jun 20, 2017 at 10:56 AM Post #60 of 60
I had no issues with my KS-H3 as well.

I don't use my KS-H3 very much any more, but it still works fine.

Recently, my STAX RS-009s were out for repair for a couple months. During that time, I ran my KS-H3s from my BHSE. It really brought out what I like best about the H3, which is the lovely midrange. I think the M-10 is a bit better than is is given credit for. The H3 sounds very nice driven by it, but sounds hard and unpleasant with the more expensive STAX 727 II. I had assumed that it was the H3 at fault, since the 727 does not sound nearly this bad driving the 009s.
Given that, it was a big surprise to me that the H3 sounded great driven by the BHSE. I did not think it would scale that well. I also found that the H3 is capable of good bass with EQ. Not that well defined, but fairly deep and easy to listen to. That was also a surprise to me, since I don't like the effect of the bass switch on the M-10.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back