Questyle CMA600i first impressions thread
Mar 11, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #151 of 553
Has anyone compared this to the Oppo HA-1?  I´d be very curious to hear about a side-by-side testing.

I´ve been asking this question for month now without answer....

Maybe I should just go ahead and be the first one on this planet who has heard both
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif

Mar 15, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #156 of 553
Has the delay in playback been adressed when using your computer for videos or music playback on 600I and hopefully on the 400I?  This was a problem that occurred also on the new iFi Black label that has since been fixed by a firmware update. I have no knowledge how good of a track record that Questyle has at  addressing product issues. Would anybody that use there products give some feedback of quality service after a sale ?  Thanks 

Mar 16, 2017 at 3:46 AM Post #157 of 553
Hey guys, Jason wanted to release big updates rather then try to release info piece by piece in the case things gets misunderstood or things change over time. The issues with the CMA600i are still being worked on and we just need a little bit more time. In the past I made a post hinting about a possible hardware fix well before anything was decided and finalized and suddenly a lot of folks got a sudden call asking for a hardware fix when there wasn't yet one available.

We want to be careful and have solid updates instead of being vague. I thought I was going to be getting an update sooner than later for the 600i fixes but the process has been a bit tricky from what the guys at the factory is telling us.

Sorry if this feels like it is dragging out longer than it should.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 17, 2017 at 12:02 PM Post #158 of 553
Has anyone compared this with the V281? Would also like to know how the HE1000 sounds when plugged into the CMA600i.

Also, I've been thinking of just getting a CMA600i instead of a desktop DAC. I would use the CMA600i as a multipurpose unit, using it as a DAC (Balanced out) for my V281 and also using it at times as an independent unit. Whatcha think guys?

Mar 25, 2017 at 2:01 PM Post #159 of 553
  Hey guys, Jason wanted to release big updates rather then try to release info piece by piece in the case things gets misunderstood or things change over time. The issues with the CMA600i are still being worked on and we just need a little bit more time. In the past I made a post hinting about a possible hardware fix well before anything was decided and finalized and suddenly a lot of folks got a sudden call asking for a hardware fix when there wasn't yet one available.

We want to be careful and have solid updates instead of being vague. I thought I was going to be getting an update sooner than later for the 600i fixes but the process has been a bit tricky from what the guys at the factory is telling us.

Sorry if this feels like it is dragging out longer than it should.

Hello there,

In case the fix is from HW instead of firmware, how would you handle the shipping cost back and forth in the USA? Moreover, would you honor the repair even for second hand owners? Thank you in advance, r

Mar 25, 2017 at 4:44 PM Post #160 of 553
Here in the UK at least, the distributor (SCV Distribution) have told me - a CMA600i owner - that once a solution is found 'we will make it available to everyone who has purchased a 600i, regardless of warranty status', which I would take to mean whether purchased new OR 2nd hand.

Mine is still covered by warranty, but it is clear that this has been an issue from day 1, and whether the blame really lies with Questyle or not, the fact that it has taken so long to remedy should mean that they at least show goodwill to any owners and resolve the issue as and when a fix is ready. Hopefully it will still just be a software issue, but the length of time seems to be implying more and more that the issue could ultimately be hardware based.

Mar 26, 2017 at 2:52 AM Post #161 of 553

Hello there,

In case the fix is from HW instead of firmware, how would you handle the shipping cost back and forth in the USA? Moreover, would you honor the repair even for second hand owners? Thank you in advance, r

Shipping costs I would have to consult with my boss before making a statement on that but second hand owners will probably just need at least proof of purchase.

headphones.com Stay updated on headphones.com at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.headphones.com/ andrew@headphones.com
Mar 26, 2017 at 5:09 AM Post #162 of 553
  Shipping costs I would have to consult with my boss before making a statement on that but second hand owners will probably just need at least proof of purchase.

The second part seems fair enough, I'd imagine hopefully anyone could get hold of that info from their seller.

I'm definitely not trying to hold you to anything at all, honest, but when you say that you guys need a 'bit more time', do we have ANY idea at all how much longer that might be? A month, 2, 3? My own issue with the USB causes the pops and clicks every 20 or 30 seconds on most songs, and for the life of me I can't get it to stop, regardless of changes to settings, fresh installs, etc. It is frustrating to not know how far along at all we may be to seeing any sort of resolution.

Again, not holding you to anything though!
biggrin.gif

Apr 10, 2017 at 9:34 AM Post #163 of 553
I can confirm SCV will be getting some Flash ICs to update the CMA600i, they will arrive in the UK towards the end of this month. This addresses the USB issues but does mean your unit has to come in. If you are in the UK please get in touch and we'll sort it out.

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:07 AM Post #165 of 553
when will the new iteration of the cma600i with the dac fix start shipping?

The next stock due in will have the fix. If you are in the UK that will mean around the end of Apr. We are out of stock in the UK so, if you bought one now it would be supplied when the new stock arrives.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back