Onkyo DP-CMX1 GRANBEAT | Dual Dac | Balanced | Phone DAP
Apr 19, 2017 at 8:32 PM Post #511 of 799
Actually I had the same reaction but it looks to be a 2.5mm trrs 4 pole to 3.5mm trrs 4 pole extender. I've never heard of using 3.5 mm jacks for balanced use before. I'd be worried about putting a 4 pole mic plug in there though and causing some chaos.

A year ago, I asked the seller on Amazon to custom make a few adapters for my 3.5mm balanced PM3 and Z7 cables. He then listed them for additional sales including this one.

It's made for 4-pole 3.5mm balanced, same as the balanced plugs used by Hifiman, GeekOut, iFi, and a few others.

Both ends have slightly different pinouts (since AK's 2.5mm is different) so the adapter is more than just an extension. It also properly converts each end.

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:54 PM Post #512 of 799
A year ago, I asked the seller on Amazon to custom make a few adapters for my 3.5mm balanced PM3 and Z7 cables. He then listed them for additional sales including this one.

It's made for 4-pole 3.5mm balanced, same as the balanced plugs used by Hifiman, GeekOut, iFi, and a few others.

Both ends have slightly different pinouts (since AK's 2.5mm is different) so the adapter is more than just an extension. It also properly converts each end.

Thanks for the clarification :beers: Good to know if I need something special done.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:03 AM Post #513 of 799
I am using this adapter for the 3.5mm headphones, no problem, and with very good results. Also you can read comments on the relevant page. 5 stars and everybody's happy. One guy owns our sibling - a DP-X1.  

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:43 AM Post #514 of 799
Guys I can't get the notification number on some popular apps icons like WhatsApp, Message and BlueMail.
That is, if I receive a whatsapp message an icon would appear on the to bar but no "1" notification on the app's icon.
Is there any setting I have to change?

Apr 22, 2017 at 10:42 AM Post #515 of 799
I am quite interested in the Granbeat. I currently have a DP-X1 and an LG V10 and this seems like an effective way to integrate them into one unit. However the LTE band (band 4) in Mexico is not supported by the Granbeat.

Has anyone else used this in North America without the LTE support? I'm curious as to the real world performance without LTE. I'm not a heavy data user but do like the convenience of the phone/DAP in one unit.

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #516 of 799
I am quite interested in the Granbeat. I currently have a DP-X1 and an LG V10 and this seems like an effective way to integrate them into one unit. However the LTE band (band 4) in Mexico is not supported by the Granbeat.

Has anyone else used this in North America without the LTE support? I'm curious as to the real world performance without LTE. I'm not a heavy data user but do like the convenience of the phone/DAP in one unit.

Hi,
I have my Granbeat set to 3G even though I can connect it to 4G. the reason is that 3G drains the battery less and I have not seen real advantage in going to 4G (LTE) where I live. I would recommend you speed test 3G and 4G with your current phone and decide if 3G is good enough in case LTE does not work in your area.

Apr 22, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #517 of 799
Hi,
I have my Granbeat set to 3G even though I can connect it to 4G. the reason is that 3G drains the battery less and I have not seen real advantage in going to 4G (LTE) where I live. I would recommend you speed test 3G and 4G with your current phone and decide if 3G is good enough in case LTE does not work in your area.

Thanks for the input and the suggestion to test 3G. I can just turn off LTE and live with it for a few days and see for myself. :blush:

Apr 23, 2017 at 3:38 AM Post #518 of 799
Guys I can't get the notification number on some popular apps icons like WhatsApp, Message and BlueMail.
That is, if I receive a whatsapp message an icon would appear on the to bar but no "1" notification on the app's icon.
Is there any setting I have to change?

Anyone?
Please help!

Apr 23, 2017 at 4:46 AM Post #519 of 799
The first light-wound victim. This little yellow metal ring of the 2.5mm input fell off. I do not know how. Luckily, it didn't vanish, and I found it on the floor. Will re-glue it later today.

On a more cheerful note, out of interest I installed the Pioneer music app. Slightly different interface. Some additional features as bass enhancement. Works OK. The sound seems to be slightly more clinical as I hear it. Came from our sister (or brother) thread. http://www.head-fi.org/t/780642/onkyo-dp-x1-dual-sabre-dacs-balanced-sabre-btl-amp-mqa-dsd-256-android-5/14370#post_13446215

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:22 AM Post #521 of 799
Does someone know if there are any plans for an Android 7 or 8 update?
By the way i ordered my Granbeat on Friday with Tiptrans.com service from smartone.com Hong Kong.
Hope that works!

Apr 23, 2017 at 6:26 AM Post #522 of 799
Apr 24, 2017 at 3:32 AM Post #524 of 799
The launcher is very basic, I don't think there is unread badge. So yeah, only solution is to use third party launcher.

Apr 27, 2017 at 2:59 AM Post #525 of 799
FW update since yesterday.

Changelog iirc:
-USB file transfer choice fix ( I guess it will remember your choice now and not "charge" as default?)
-Youtube sound sync fix
-latest security patch
-new and faster start screen (yay........)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back