Official New York Spring Meet Sat June 10 2017
Status
Not open for further replies.
May 5, 2017 at 10:53 PM Post #136 of 280
Schiit Audio would like to exhibit. There will be a donation for the raffle and I will post a full list of gear soon! Let me know what you need from me! :)

I was hoping to hear some good Schiit at the show...awesome! I'm sure you'll have a Jotunheim (please)...I'm dying to try my Eikon with the Jot.

May 6, 2017 at 9:26 AM Post #137 of 280
now that we have tightened up our refugee policy, i think i'll actually be around to attend after a couple of years hiatus!
Welcome Back!

May 6, 2017 at 9:29 AM Post #138 of 280
Schiit Audio would like to exhibit. There will be a donation for the raffle and I will post a full list of gear soon! Let me know what you need from me! :)
I will add Schiit Audio to the vendors list, read first post,bring power strips & extension cords
Any other questions don't hesitate to ask.

May 6, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #140 of 280
May 8, 2017 at 9:51 AM Post #142 of 280
FiiO is willing to send some gear for the meet but cannot attend ,I need a volunteer who is willing to show(represent ) their gear at the meet Pm me if interested.

May 8, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #144 of 280
FiiO is willing to send some gear for the meet but cannot attend ,I need a volunteer who is willing to show(represent ) their gear at the meet Pm me if interested.
I was going to bring my FiiO X5 III with me, I will still do it (love mine so much, I've not touched my AK320 since I got it).
I wish they sent their new portable Amp to the meet. Would be cool to try it with the X5 III (too bad it isn't balanced :frowning2: )

May 9, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #145 of 280
besides Fiio,Effect audio is willing to send some cables but I need a volunteer to represent them at the meet to show their gear.
Pm me if you are willing to commit.

May 13, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #150 of 280
The closer the date,...the more excited I get!

Well, my "headphone world" took an interesting turn a few weeks ago, as the left-side driver on my old white-silver pair of V-Moda M-100s that I'd had for almost two years...finally gave out and got blown. (You can read about it in elaborate detail at this link, and a new follow-up post at this link.)

So now, my dual-listening setup now consists of a new white-silver pair and a brand-new shadow-black pair of M-100s. My old, original, still-working, matte-black pair of M-100s has now been relegated to "spare-tire" status -- ready to be used immediately if another pair gets blown. (ha)

I'll be bringing all three pair on my trip to the U.S., so the good news for you at the meetup is...you can use my old matte-black pair of M-100s to listen to other equipment if you'd like -- while I'm showing off my dual-listening setup with DiscoProJoe's Rockbox EQ Presets with my two main pair of M-100s. There's only a very slight chance that I would actually need to use my old pair at the meetup, but it's better to be safe than sorry!

In other news, I've made more progress on my music collection in the last two weeks, including the purchase of a 128 GB USB thumb drive. (You can read about this latest personal music collection stuff of mine at this link.) I'll be more than happy to share my entire collection of 10,662 songs, 752 albums and singles, and 61 GB total with others at the meetup, but with three requirements: 1. You must have your own computer with you; 2. Your computer must have at least 62 GB of free space (or you'll need to have your own external hard drive and your computer if your PC doesn't have enough space); 3. You'll need about 45-minutes-to-an-hour for the whole thing to copy.

I might not let people copy my music collection from my laptop at the meetup -- as I'll probably be using it throughout the day. So bring your own if you want my music.

Anyway, this latest addition included catching up with the latest Taylor Swift albums and singles from the last 5 years. Can't wait to play her awesome tune, "Welcome to New York" from my window seat as my flight gets close to landing in New York on "Friday #2," June 9th! (I leave China on "Friday #1," June 9th, by the way.)

This tune sounds best on my system with the EQ preset named, "Lite Classic 4," which, with everything combined in the system, boosts 40 Hz by 44 dB, and 64 Hz by 16.6 dB. Incredible sound with throbbing sub-bass, no excessive midbass or lower-midrange bloat, wrap-around soundstage with clear and pronounced upper mids, and crisp, airy, detailed highs. Can't wait to play this song at the meetup with the other listener at my table (who's from New York) personally dedicating this song to me right before I play it! :beyersmile: :k701smile:

Here's that song, if you haven't heard it: http://v.youku.com/v_show/id_XODA4NDU3OTUy.html

(I tried to find it on YouTube so it could be embedded here, but on YouTube, I couldn't find the original version that actually plays correctly. So,...here it is on YouKu.)

Well, it won't be long until I start counting down the days until I fly out of Chongqing on my trip to the U.S.! In the next few weeks I'll have to make some cheap little business cards with my printer, and make a little nametag that I can wear at the meetup, as well.

Getting closer,...can't wait!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back