Official M3 firmware download and discussion thread - FW1.9--new UI theme, various UI improvements
Feb 5, 2016 at 9:12 AM Post #16 of 76
Is it me or it is actually sound better (pair with my Momentum In-Ear)
I don't know whether it is actually change in something but it is less sibilance than before.

Feb 21, 2016 at 7:11 AM Post #17 of 76
Just got my M3 couple of days ago ditching my old GoGear. As far as sound quality is concern, I'm satisfied, although IMHO my SonyWalkman sounds a bit better in terms of rich and deep bass. I just hope that in the future update, or if I may ask, would it be possible to have a SRS or WOW technology added just thru a firmware update? or even bass and treble control? or it would be impossible because it would require hardware? Anyway, I'm glad that FiiO is releasing updates every now and then to fix some bugs. I don't care too much about the UI, because all I care is the sound quality, but UI improvements are very much appreciated.

Feb 28, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #18 of 76
Would be also nice to fix that repeat track bug, because for me that almost never does his job.Track repeat is very important for me.But at least they improved a bit with the buttons wake up screen feature.I sended mine back a week ago, was too annoying.

Mar 12, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #19 of 76
How do you use database for the sd card? Only files from internal card are displayed on mine.
confused.gif

Mar 14, 2016 at 11:59 PM Post #21 of 76
  How do you use database for the sd card? Only files from internal card are displayed on mine.
confused.gif

Hi, noknok23.
Just as the user samu said, the songs on the internal memory and external micro SD card can not be showed up at the same time.
So, if you want to play the songs on the micro SD card by category, pls try to go access to "Browse files" (the fifth icon), then enter "SD card" to play the certain song firstly.  After done, the songs on the micro SD card will be displayed on "Category", and you can play them by "Artist" or "Album".  Similarly, if you want to play the songs on the internal memory, pls play one song on there by "Browse files" firstly. 
smile.gif

Mar 30, 2016 at 2:02 PM Post #22 of 76
I also just experienced the stuttering problem with the 1.7 firmware. Why can't this be fixed? Why can't the player play tracks in order based on track numbers? Why can't this be fixed? I hope there will be a new firmware soon that fixes these issues.

Apr 1, 2016 at 4:36 AM Post #24 of 76
  I also just experienced the stuttering problem with the 1.7 firmware. Why can't this be fixed? Why can't the player play tracks in order based on track numbers? Why can't this be fixed? I hope there will be a new firmware soon that fixes these issues.

Hi, JK1.

1. As for the stuttering problem, kindly inform us which format the file is. And the problem happens on all songs or the certain specific ones? It will make difference if songs are stored on the internal memory or external SD card?

2. The tracks on one album should be orderd by the track numbers when going access to just "Album". But we have to admit that, there is something wrong with the current order under the album. We will fix this bug in the future firmware.
As for other category, such as Artist or All songs, the tracks are ordered by the date added. Because of the software solution, this design will not be changed. 

We are trying to improve the M3, and will release the new official firmware for the M3 once it is completed. 

Best Regards,
Shadow

Apr 2, 2016 at 9:04 PM Post #25 of 76
  Hi, JK1.

1. As for the stuttering problem, kindly inform us which format the file is. And the problem happens on all songs or the certain specific ones? It will make difference if songs are stored on the internal memory or external SD card?

2. The tracks on one album should be orderd by the track numbers when going access to just "Album". But we have to admit that, there is something wrong with the current order under the album. We will fix this bug in the future firmware.
As for other category, such as Artist or All songs, the tracks are ordered by the date added. Because of the software solution, this design will not be changed. 

We are trying to improve the M3, and will release the new official firmware for the M3 once it is completed. 

Best Regards,
Shadow

I am using 320 kbps mp3 files. They are on a class 10  32GB Transcend card. The files were ripped from CD using Windows Media Player. The same files on the same model card play fine in my Fiio X1.
Occasionally I get this noise that is loud and sounds like a stuttering of the music when I am using the M3. It happened more frequently with the 1.5 firmware. It only happens sometimes. I  never had 
it happen when using the X1.

The files play out of order when playing some albums, and not based on the track numbers.

I am disappointed that these bugs were not fixed earlier. I have the player for over three months, and haven't used it much, as the songs playing out of order and the occasional noise when playing
some tracks make me want to use one of my other players instead.

Apr 10, 2016 at 9:26 PM Post #26 of 76
  If I choose a song (no matter by what category – song, interpret, album, folder) and I want to choose other song from the currently listened album, it should be logical that “back” button (left upper) will get me backwards through the hierarchy, to the current album. Every DAP I had has it this way and for a good reason. But this device gets me to the main menu and I have to go through selection process once again. And again. And again. Every time I want to select particular song and not repeatedly clicking on “next” button while on "song playing screen" as a dumbass. What a drag.

This is the reason why I came here, registered an account and writing right now.

I had several MP3 players before FiiO, and I am so used to pressing "Back" to literally go "Back" and "Home" to go to the main menu. But in my M3 i have only one button, and I wish i could rather go 1 step back with it instead of moving directly to the main screen with those options like choose by artist, choose by folder etc.

Please, please, please, hear this request.

Apr 14, 2016 at 2:44 AM Post #27 of 76
  This is the reason why I came here, registered an account and writing right now.

I had several MP3 players before FiiO, and I am so used to pressing "Back" to literally go "Back" and "Home" to go to the main menu. But in my M3 i have only one button, and I wish i could rather go 1 step back with it instead of moving directly to the main screen with those options like choose by artist, choose by folder etc.

Please, please, please, hear this request.

Hi, Artem Amerov.

Yes, at present the M3 will just lead you to the main menu by pressing the "Back" button, instead of getting you back to the previous menu one by one. I already passed your this feedback to our software engineers. But kindly be noted that, to fix this issue may influence the whole system stability, which we always give priority to. So we can not promise this issue can certainly be changed, and hope you can understand. 
Anyway, we will try our best. :)

Apr 15, 2016 at 12:34 PM Post #28 of 76

Hi, Artem Amerov.

Yes, at present the M3 will just lead you to the main menu by pressing the "Back" button, instead of getting you back to the previous menu one by one. I already passed your this feedback to our software engineers. But kindly be noted that, to fix this issue may influence the whole system stability, which we always give priority to. So we can not promise this issue can certainly be changed, and hope you can understand. 
Anyway, we will try our best. :)

To be honest, I bought the M3 and sended it back BECAUSE also of that(and the not sure working track repeat).It was so annoying and for me it has to be a standard feature.Soundquality was good and loud enough but the usability was bad.I hope it is not like that on the X1 and above.......

Apr 25, 2016 at 5:32 AM Post #29 of 76
Hi, just bought this player for use at the gym because of its small size.

However, is it not ridiculous that it can't read tags properly?  And that it has a hard time with album art?  Honestly, what is wrong with this company?  

I have had at least 10 different music players over the past years, and none have ever had this problem of not even being able to display a track title under albums.  I mean, even mobile phones have no issues with this!  I remember my Nokia 6233 could display song titles!  This is a dedicated music player??? Yes, the sound quality is nice, but honestly, does this company expect users to spend hours re-tagging music that works just fine on the PC, on the phone, and on other players?

And even after re-tagging, still can't display song titles, and some albums refuse to show up as albums...etc etc etc.  Is drag-n-drop too difficult these days?

Would I be too over the top to say "Get your act together!"?

Also, the tiny font size is silly.   Even the old Sansa Clips with a much smaller screen utilized it with much easier to read fonts.

It seems non-sensical that if you are able to engineer a great sounding and great looking player, you are unable to write software that works?

It just doesn't make sense.  Please start making sense.  An international corporation should be able to produce quality products that meet minimum standards for ease of use and usability for the end customers.  If you market your product in any country, it should be ready for sales in that country and not only for local standards.  Take Sony, for example. Do you think they would get away with not displaying the entire album name?  No way!

Please:

1. Make a simple white font on black background choice for the display.

2. Make the font bigger and/or give users a selection of font sizes.

3. Make the player able to easily read ANY tagging without issues.

4. Make the player able to display full album names. 

5. Gapless playback of FLAC files.

DONE.  Now you have an amazing player you can be proud of.

May 26, 2016 at 8:42 AM Post #30 of 76
I want to see the files be named as the title of the song instead of the filename on the next firmware update and a an easier way to add songs to a playlist.
But the 1.7 update is nevertheless an improvement.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back