Obscure Chinese DAPs
May 24, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #2,836 of 8,143
Hi guys, I'm looking to get a DAP for myself too since why not? So I'm looking at a budget of about 60 usd max, and looking through the thread some notable ones that caught my attention are Niantus X10, Bejie X5, Benjie S1 and others. I'm not looking at the Zishan Z1 because of it not having a screen sadly... I know that the niantus X10 is 65usd but I added it to the list because it looks really cool. Also I dont need any complex functions like as an external usb dac/amp or bluetooth but having the external usb dac/amp will be a plus. My main concerns are sound quality playback, good user interface and data space of about 16Gb should be good enough. Soooo is there anyone that can help me out? :darthsmile:

Edit: After looking through the options again, I think I have come to benjie T6 vs Niantus X10. Which would be better? Thanks again!

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 11:23 AM Post #2,837 of 8,143
Hi guys, I'm looking to get a DAP for myself too since why not? So I'm looking at a budget of about 60 usd max, and looking through the thread some notable ones that caught my attention are Niantus X10, Bejie X5, Benjie S1 and others. I'm not looking at the Zishan Z1 because of it not having a screen sadly... I know that the niantus X10 is 65usd but I added it to the list because it looks really cool. Also I dont need any complex functions like as an external usb dac/amp or bluetooth but having the external usb dac/amp will be a plus. My main concerns are sound quality playback, good user interface and data space of about 16Gb should be good enough. Soooo is there anyone that can help me out? :darthsmile:

Edit: After looking through the options again, I think I have come to benjie T6 vs Niantus X10. Which would be better? Thanks again!
I don't think you'll find anything that can work as an external USB DAC/amp under $150 which is currently only the Shanling M1 AFAIK. The NiNTAUS is a good DAP apart from the UI being a little dorky. The Benjie X1 is a super little DAP if you want to get your feet wet with something on the cheap.

May 24, 2017 at 12:14 PM Post #2,838 of 8,143
I don't think you'll find anything that can work as an external USB DAC/amp under $150 which is currently only the Shanling M1 AFAIK. The NiNTAUS is a good DAP apart from the UI being a little dorky. The Benjie X1 is a super little DAP if you want to get your feet wet with something on the cheap.

Is there an AGPtek version of the X1?

May 24, 2017 at 6:39 PM Post #2,840 of 8,143

I was going to mention the Zishan Z1...but I see it has already been discussed.

May 24, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #2,841 of 8,143
Hi everyone, I have come across the Benjie K9, and am wondering if it is worth buying? I do not currently have a dedicated portable audio player, and would like to get one.

I find it quite hard to choose things, and have some problems, for example I own 49 vaporisers as I could not decide on one I liked best to keep using, and as you can guess this got very expensive, with some costing over £130 each.

I have some Sennheiser HD 25 I-II's, and some soundmagic ES18's that I will use with the player.

Would this be one of the best players to go for on a budget?
Benjie X1 is an Upgraded K9, that seems to be the consensus on the Budget king.

EDIT; Whoops, I didn't see the second page of my responses. My bad.

Last edited:
May 24, 2017 at 9:23 PM Post #2,842 of 8,143

Did you look at the AGPTEK Imp? I've not got one but they get decent SQ reviews. None of these players are going to have a great interface. I've been reluctant to try the T6 because there are reviews saying it's SQ is at the S5, K9 level. Given that I can get a K9 for ~$20 via Amazon Prime the Bluetooth hasn't tempted me yet. You might also consider the zishan z1 as a dac on your phone.

May 25, 2017 at 1:49 AM Post #2,843 of 8,143
IMG-20170524-WA0012.jpeg
If someone wants a little player with dedicated volume buttons and a little display Oled, take into account the Benjie K3! It's stunning, it has the same audio quality of other similar products powered by the ATJ2127 audio chipset.

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #2,844 of 8,143
Hmmm ok, is the benjie X1 considered one of the best bang for buck DAPs or are there other options? If it is, then I think I would get it over the nintaus X10

Last edited:
May 25, 2017 at 2:25 AM Post #2,845 of 8,143
Did you look at the AGPTEK Imp? I've not got one but they get decent SQ reviews. None of these players are going to have a great interface. I've been reluctant to try the T6 because there are reviews saying it's SQ is at the S5, K9 level. Given that I can get a K9 for ~$20 via Amazon Prime the Bluetooth hasn't tempted me yet. You might also consider the zishan z1 as a dac on your phone.
Will take a look thanks!

May 25, 2017 at 5:38 AM Post #2,847 of 8,143
Benjie X1 is an Upgraded K9, that seems to be the consensus on the Budget king.

EDIT; Whoops, I didn't see the second page of my responses. My bad.

Thank you, I will get the Benjie X1- it is very cheap!

I am pretty new to higher quality file formats, I notice the X1 does not support ALAC, are there any budget players that do? Or is this not really an issue and FLAC is fine, or even 320KBPs MP3?

May 25, 2017 at 6:30 AM Post #2,848 of 8,143
Thank you, I will get the Benjie X1- it is very cheap!

I am pretty new to higher quality file formats, I notice the X1 does not support ALAC, are there any budget players that do? Or is this not really an issue and FLAC is fine, or even 320KBPs MP3?
320KBps and flac are fine

May 25, 2017 at 11:55 AM Post #2,849 of 8,143
If someone wants a little player with dedicated volume buttons and a little display Oled, take into account the Benjie K3! It's stunning, it has the same audio quality of other similar products powered by the ATJ2127 audio chipset.

Looks like a blood glucose monitor.

May 25, 2017 at 9:02 PM Post #2,850 of 8,143

Users who are viewing this thread

Back