New- Zishan Z1 DSD player thread
Jul 24, 2017 at 12:52 PM Post #1,141 of 1,364
I think my Z1 is dying :/ It went off all of the sudden after only 5 hours of use. And now I try to use it with earbuds, it play for a few second then do a very low huming bass, white noise if i change the volume and very dimmed blinking blue light. Really look like dying :S what could possibly have been wrong? it also randomly turn off and on from time to time...

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 2:55 PM Post #1,142 of 1,364
Try to do a visual inspection both sides of PCB and measure power supply.
Look for swallow or blown electrolytic capacitors (top and bottom parts), look for blown smd components, look for black burn marks at the pcb.
Try to measure the battery at some points, batt output, at the opamp and maybe at the arm chip (if it's easy).
In Z1 case, it runs software, also do a factory reset.
I don't know much about electrical circuits, so can't add much more.

Jul 25, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #1,144 of 1,364
Ha, z1 plays through PO without an opamp in it at all. I would'nt have guessed. Btw 3 different zishans on page 1 of this forum, well done :gs1000smile:

There are so many explorers on this site.

Jul 26, 2017 at 12:51 AM Post #1,145 of 1,364
Ha, z1 plays through PO without an opamp in it at all. I would'nt have guessed. Btw 3 different zishans on page 1 of this forum, well done :gs1000smile:
...I might try this with my low impedance earphones coz the DAC chip as I understand already include an opamp and volume is already pretty loud connected to LO, and I was looking for a way to adjust the volume with the LO, this might do the trick.

Jul 26, 2017 at 5:07 AM Post #1,147 of 1,364
So my Zishan Z1 arrived two days ago :smile: Straight out of the box it's a great, powerful little DAP, but when I use it as an amp for my Benjie S5 the sound is really quiet. I had to max the volumes on both Z1 and S5, and it's still not loud enough.
When I use it as a DAC for my laptop it works flawlessly, same with headphones. Is this normal? Am I missing something?

Jul 26, 2017 at 6:04 AM Post #1,148 of 1,364
...I might try this with my low impedance earphones coz the DAC chip as I understand already include an opamp and volume is already pretty loud connected to LO, and I was looking for a way to adjust the volume with the LO, this might do the trick.
I am not sure it has enough power for anything really, or even that the volume pot works. I was just surprised there was sound at all, found out by mistake:) But of course its easy to test further

Jul 26, 2017 at 9:57 AM Post #1,149 of 1,364
So my Zishan Z1 arrived two days ago :smile: Straight out of the box it's a great, powerful little DAP, but when I use it as an amp for my Benjie S5 the sound is really quiet. I had to max the volumes on both Z1 and S5, and it's still not loud enough.
When I use it as a DAC for my laptop it works flawlessly, same with headphones. Is this normal? Am I missing something?

I tried my S5 with the Z1 right now, and if I max out the Benji, my ears start to complain if I twist the knob on the Z1 more than 25% with a pair of 300ohm earbuds. So I'd say it's not normal.
Have you connected the interconnect from the Benji's headphone out to the Z1's LO and use your Headphones from the PO on the Z1?
It should sound great, so keep trying.

Jul 27, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #1,151 of 1,364
I think when i connect my headphone to Lo port, sound more spacious and more forward than using Po out with LME49720

just use LM6172

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #1,153 of 1,364
Everyone should forget about the Zishan Z1 and jump straight to Zishan Z2 that is a better player with a more capable chip.
Fallow us on the original Zishan Z2 thread.

Well not to start an argument but I still think owning both of them will be more fun as Z2 cannot act as am amp (for now) but Z1 can......... cheer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back