SONY NW-A30 SERIES
Jun 5, 2017 at 2:40 AM Post #1,594 of 2,453
One sorts by the album artist, which is useful for multi-artist CDs and compilations while the other will sort albums by the track's artist. With the second method, you'll see multiple instances of the same album if there's more than one song artist.
could you take a photo of the difference between those 2 options, I'm pressing one at a time and going to the playback list and I don't see any difference.

Jun 5, 2017 at 3:22 AM Post #1,595 of 2,453
could you take a photo of the difference between those 2 options, I'm pressing one at a time and going to the playback list and I don't see any difference.
It does not change anything in the playback list or album list. It changes the sorting when you choose artist in the main screen! It either shows the track artists or the album artist. Use full if you have Compilation of multiple artists and wanna hear the complete album!

Jun 7, 2017 at 8:37 AM Post #1,597 of 2,453
why is the bass very low when I choose the headphone MDR-NW750N in the settings?, and when I choose "other headphone" it gives me so much bass!
This two profiles are needed for different headphones.

1. MDR-NW750N
This one is for the included headphones that come with the player if you buy a HN version. This profile is needed to be selected when you use the included headphones, because they are noise canceling headphones and the EQ is automatically calibrated for the headphones to sound properly.

2. Other Headphones
This sound profile is for every headphones other headphone. It is basically a completely flat output that is used for normal headphones.

Sony only recommends to use the first setting with the included ones since every other headphones wont sound good than.
If you do not use the included headphone, just use other headphone option.

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:45 AM Post #1,598 of 2,453
This two profiles are needed for different headphones.

1. MDR-NW750N
This one is for the included headphones that come with the player if you buy a HN version. This profile is needed to be selected when you use the included headphones, because they are noise canceling headphones and the EQ is automatically calibrated for the headphones to sound properly.

2. Other Headphones
This sound profile is for every headphones other headphone. It is basically a completely flat output that is used for normal headphones.

Sony only recommends to use the first setting with the included ones since every other headphones wont sound good than.
If you do not use the included headphone, just use other headphone option.
I'm using the "Other headphones" option with the MDR-NW750N headphone and it sounds amazing and better than the "MDR-NW750N" option!, I increased the bass and it sounds so good with so much punch, but I can't use the noise-cancelling!

Jun 8, 2017 at 2:58 AM Post #1,599 of 2,453
I'm using the "Other headphones" option with the MDR-NW750N headphone and it sounds amazing and better than the "MDR-NW750N" option!, I increased the bass and it sounds so good with so much punch, but I can't use the noise-cancelling!
Then you are a real bass-head tho. With the other headphone option the headphone loses everything that makes it good (well atleast for my taste and most others too), also you will have no way of enabling noise cancelling than

Jun 8, 2017 at 6:05 PM Post #1,600 of 2,453
Then you are a real bass-head tho. With the other headphone option the headphone loses everything that makes it good (well atleast for my taste and most others too), also you will have no way of enabling noise cancelling than
I understand totally, I think the sound using the "MDR-NW750" option is great as well, I just feel the bass is so low compared with the "Other Headphones" option.

Jun 8, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #1,601 of 2,453
Now Available in Canada!

I think hell just froze over!!

The A35 is now listed for sale on the shopgentec.ca website but the A37 is still only available for pre-order. Now we have to wait and see how soon retailers like Best Buy among others take to start offering the A35.

It could be interesting as retailers like canadacomputers.com are just now offering the A26hn and A27hn in mulitple colors and still offer the A17. As the A26hn/27hn series have only been widely available in Canada for a few months now and given that the A27hn and the A37 have the same suggested price. Who will choose the A27 over the A37 once the A37 becomes available presumably in a month or so?

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #1,603 of 2,453
Now that its hit Canada, its time for a A40 series for the rest of the world :), may i add in lighter vain.

Jun 8, 2017 at 10:22 PM Post #1,605 of 2,453
Now that its hit Canada, its time for a A40 series for the rest of the world :), may i add in lighter vain.
I am thinking I will wait to see what Sony adds to the A40. Not expecting a big difference from the A35 but hoping they bring back AptX support. I would never bother with the A20 series as it adds nothing that I want that my A17 doesn't have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back