New JVC Wood - HA-SW01 and HA-SW02
Jan 2, 2016 at 3:20 AM Post #5 of 171

JVC asking the real questions.

They don't mess around
biggrin.gif

I heard it today.
Sounded like a dt 1770 pro  with a sub bass but more mid bass and a mid/highs that sound like a DX1000 which i heard also again. The wood of the dx1000 also jvc and this unit have a common character the wood is applied differently in those 2 but it has a tone that is similar . It's not basshead but it is a pleasant sound that is a lot like the 1770 pro. Price is kinda...whu?...comfort is excellent and built feels nice.

Jan 2, 2016 at 1:09 PM Post #6 of 171
Pretty sure I'll wait for prices to drop. JVC, like Sony, drive prices down after a bit... They look interesting but not $500+ interesting... :wink:

Jan 3, 2016 at 3:51 AM Post #10 of 171
I like JVC's innovative approach. I just wish they would have introduced the wooden driver in their new flagship instead of this. DX1000 was released over ten years ago. I'd say it is time for new flagship instead of this stuff...

Jan 10, 2016 at 1:00 PM Post #11 of 171
I heard it today. Sounded like a dt 1770 pro  with a sub bass but more mid bass and a mid/highs that sound like a DX1000 which i heard also again. The wood of the dx1000 also jvc and this unit have a common character the wood is applied differently in those 2 but it has a tone that is similar . It's not basshead but it is a pleasant sound that is a lot like the 1770 pro. Price is kinda...whu?...comfort is excellent and built feels nice.

How would you characterize them against DX1000? Better/worse? In what ways? Did you dry driving/EQin them hard in the bass region? ;-D

Inquiring minds want to know, thanks!

Some sellers are already advertising Wood one (HA-SW01) on ebay for $700USD or c. 641€. I'm tempted, but the VAT / customs totally kill the deal, if the headphones turn out to be not what I want and I have to resell them.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pre-order-JVC-headphone-Hi-Res-HA-SW01-from-Japan-/161916497539?hash=item25b2f9ae83:g:xf_eek:08AAOSwT4lWQ~JJ

P.S. The listing is not mine, I'm not affiliated, etc.

EDIT: The Reviews on Amazon.co.jp:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/密閉型ヘッドホン-ハイレゾ対応-CLASS-S-WOOD-HA-SW01/dp/B017XB5530

- lacks powerful deep bass, but otherwise ok in bass
- requires "burn in" (i.e. brain adjusting, not neutral tone - most likely)

Ah well, maybe DX-1000 :-D

Jan 10, 2016 at 9:12 PM Post #12 of 171

How would you characterize them against DX1000? Better/worse? In what ways? Did you dry driving/EQin them hard in the bass region? ;-D

Inquiring minds want to know, thanks!

Some sellers are already advertising Wood one (HA-SW01) on ebay for $700USD or c. 641€. I'm tempted, but the VAT / customs totally kill the deal, if the headphones turn out to be not what I want and I have to resell them.

http://www.ebay.de/itm/Pre-order-JVC-headphone-Hi-Res-HA-SW01-from-Japan-/161916497539?hash=item25b2f9ae83:g:xf_eek:08AAOSwT4lWQ~JJ

P.S. The listing is not mine, I'm not affiliated, etc.

EDIT: The Reviews on Amazon.co.jp:

http://www.amazon.co.jp/密閉型ヘッドホン-ハイレゾ対応-CLASS-S-WOOD-HA-SW01/dp/B017XB5530

- lacks powerful deep bass, but otherwise ok in bass
- requires "burn in" (i.e. brain adjusting, not neutral tone - most likely)

Ah well, maybe DX-1000 :-D

I did not push them hard but the bass was like the ws1000 and 30Hz down felt rolled. I think JVC is trying to appeal to a market that ilikes a bit of a midbass hump (lots of folks) but they tend to be younger and this is priced for music gear vets. Really stout and comfy but not 700 bucks. 450? I'd grab em. They do have a tonality like the DX due to the wood I assume. However the driver tuning was for a more balanced sig which for them was slight rolloff on both ends.

Jan 11, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #13 of 171
The price is a little excessive but I just ordered a pair of the WOOD01's from Amazon. Had a couple hundred bucks of gift certificate credit that took some of the sting off of it... should be here in a week or so, will post impressions. I'm a big fan of the HA-FX850's...but taking a big gamble here as there's so little info! Hopefully they work out well for me. I've also got the JVC SU-AX7 amp to try it out with -- that thing is magic with the HA-FX850's.

Jan 11, 2016 at 12:20 PM Post #14 of 171
  The price is a little excessive but I just ordered a pair of the WOOD01's from Amazon. Had a couple hundred bucks of gift certificate credit that took some of the sting off of it... should be here in a week or so, will post impressions. I'm a big fan of the HA-FX850's...but taking a big gamble here as there's so little info! Hopefully they work out well for me.

Proceed with a warranty bro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back