NEW information on JH-3a
Oct 13, 2011 at 11:33 AM Post #2,116 of 2,176
Perhaps this is the satirical reworded apology message JHA might send out, based on the apology they sent out 1 year and 1 month ago to their pre-orders:

//
Posted 08 September 2010 - 03:26 PM  12-Oct-2011

To our valued abused customers,

Unfortunately, we are way behind on the delivery of the JH3A. *The original designer, Matt Macbeth of GR9 Tech,  We misled us you on how far along the amp was before he we eventually abandoned the project original design - leaving us to find a new company design to finish the JH3A. The entire DSP code, as well as other components had to be reworked.

We have been working with a new company for the past 6 weeks and the latest update as of today is we will have amps to ship in 12 weeks. We have extended their estimate of 8 to 10 weeks to 12 weeks as not to mislead again you concerning design, production & development, delivery expectations, and likely other things, and we threw something in there about Chinese factory issues but the Japanese earthquake quickly diverted attention away from that red herring (peace to the Japanese) and for all that we are very sorry.

I am personally sorry for any inconvenience this has caused. We are happy to refund anyone who is not willing to wait and will be providing a 1% pro-rated annual investment return to everyone, plus a hoodie.

You have my personal albeit tarnished guarantee that the JH3A will be well worth the wait and it will be near perfect when/if shipped.

Best Regards,

Jerry Harvey

Oct 13, 2011 at 5:01 PM Post #2,119 of 2,176
Seems like until another company comes out with something similar to the 3A, Audeze will be the one to benefit most from all this ..... EDIT: Just saw that the LCD-3 has been announced, interesting -- but separate subject, back to all the bitching about JH I guess .....

Oct 14, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #2,120 of 2,176

Quote:
I requested a refund early this week. Has anyone who asked for a refund actually gotten their money back? I am still waiting...

i got mine.. i thought it was going to be refunded back to my credit card, but then a check showed up in the mail.. no biggie, just not what i expected.  they didnt say how it was going to be refunded and i didnt ask.. dont want to make it sound like i was told one thing and another happened.

it probably took 4ish days from when i cancelled to when they sent the email saying my cancellation was complete, than another few for the check to show up. 

Oct 14, 2011 at 2:25 AM Post #2,121 of 2,176

Quote:
All of this would make me personally disinclined to buy UE product even more so.

Really, what is contained in the patent is trivial and part of common previous practice (except; instead of feeding multiple drivers in a cabinet enclosure they feed multiple drivers in an earpiece enclosure).

UE may have legal right to their position. But if this product was scuttled/redesigned and the preorder customers and marketplace deprived of their product due to this "patent infringement", in my view UE is showing disregard for the very people who are their potential customers, including many here on head-fi.

That makes no sense. Jerry Harvey's name (along with UE) is on those patents. He had to know something about them in the first place. The way those patents were written were very specific to a certain implementation. It would have been possible to design around the patent. There's no need to blame UE. This Jerry Harvey walks on water stuff has got to stop. He should have known better.

Oct 14, 2011 at 6:48 PM Post #2,124 of 2,176

Quote:

i got mine.. i thought it was going to be refunded back to my credit card, but then a check showed up in the mail.. no biggie, just not what i expected.  they didnt say how it was going to be refunded and i didnt ask.. dont want to make it sound like i was told one thing and another happened.

it probably took 4ish days from when i cancelled to when they sent the email saying my cancellation was complete, than another few for the check to show up. 

Check showed up in the mail. I mistakenly assumed they would just credit my PP account.

Oct 14, 2011 at 8:46 PM Post #2,126 of 2,176
The 3A was busy when I came to the JH table today. I did listen to the 13s and found them to be very good, but I can't imagine anyone needing more bass than the 13s and 16s are supposed to have even more??? All the 16s were busy but I don't think ill even go back to hear them based on the bass from the 13s.One might say the 13s themselves have too much bass.

If the 3A is using the 16s as a baseline for bass... I just don't know. I'll try to get a listen tomorrow though.

The UM demos seemed to perform poorly like many have stated in their trials. I'm sure they sound better than I heard today. They sounded dull but did show tonal balance like I was expecting with the mage, merlin, and miracle.

Haven't had a chance to stop at UE or Westone yet.

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:06 AM Post #2,127 of 2,176
I still have such a bad taste in my mouth that it would have to sound even better than the initial impressions from warp, et. al to even consider reordering.

Quote:
Despite all the drama, I'm still curious about sound from the new 3A from those who hear it. Hopefully Warp and others will post impressions here .....

Oct 15, 2011 at 11:09 AM Post #2,128 of 2,176
Just had an email from a friend who does not belong to the forum but is a customer of JH's and who ordered the 3A. He just got a reply from Jerry about when to expect delivery and will all the orders be fulfilled as per his last promise..

The reply was ( and i quote from my friends email to me)

"Well just got a reply from Jerry and he says they do not know how many amps are on route so it could only be a few like last time yet they promised to have all pre orders shipped within a few days."

So there we have it folks, the same nonsense as before.. Run hard, run fast!

Oct 15, 2011 at 7:42 PM Post #2,129 of 2,176

Quote:
This I feel is one of the most shameful things to have happened on this forum and personally I do not feel safe anymore listening to any of the MOD's or owner of this forum regarding products from sponsors or MOT's

I have been saying that everyone should ask for a refund since January. I did.

I got severely chastised for speaking my mind.

Please don't stereotype everyone into one category.

Oct 15, 2011 at 8:28 PM Post #2,130 of 2,176
Unfortunately we expected things to turn for the better not worse.  And it really got worse.  Who would have thought, imagined such... :frowning2:

Quote:
I have been saying that everyone should ask for a refund since January. I did.

I got severely chastised for speaking my mind.

Please don't stereotype everyone into one category.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back