New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 30, 2017 at 4:40 PM Post #781 of 1,792
I know there are many issues with the FS forums - and the Admin folks are working on it.

I agree the site functionality has improved greatly in the last two days. Credit to the Admin folks for working on bug fixes and through the weekend. Thank you.

Best regards,
RCB

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #782 of 1,792
Messages about my issue sent to administration about still not being able to log in. Still though, not even a reply about my problem of not being able to log in with my old password. Not even a single reply from administration?

https://www.head-fi.org/f/members/redcarmoose.105173/

Actually it feels pretty good to have a week log vacation from Head-Fi!

This whole not being able to log in fiasco could be a blessing is disguise?

I may simply just never come back to this place?

Ahhhh. Feels wonderful not being here. Maybe a new chapter of my life is starting?

Apr 30, 2017 at 4:56 PM Post #784 of 1,792
Actually, when it comes to keywords, searching within the thread on-site just brought up random results for me instead of giving what I was searching for. The only way for me to get exact results was by using a search engine.

As for mobile...I don't even use phones, so I don't understand the needs or mindset of mobile users. If I want to do something, I use a computer.

Just noticed we use the same speakers!

Hell yeah! Computers ftw! I recently saw an article which stated that Android is now used more than any other operating system to browse the internet, and it made me sad. I feel like, comparing the user experience between a computer and a mobile device, why the hell would anybody prefer going mobile?? Unfortunately, my computer stopped working one day a while back since it was several years old and now I have to use my girlfriend's iPad that she doesn't use because I can't afford to buy a new computer. :cry: You know why my girlfriend doesn't use her iPad? She has a computer.

Two items on Likes
1) any plans on adding back the comments attached to the like function?
2) I got an undefined security error when trying to like a second post on the same page on mobile using Safari.

Feature Requests:
1) Scroll to bottom button/arrow
2) Go to subscriptions link not 3 pages/clicks in

I second this request.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 5:27 PM Post #785 of 1,792
Messages about my issue sent to administration about still not being able to log in. Still though, not even a reply about my problem of not being able to log in with my old password. Not even a single reply from administration?

Ahhhh. Feels wonderful not being here. Maybe a new chapter of my life is starting?

I've bumped into you a few times here, an I hope that you'll stay. But I feel you on the breaks, I took about a 1 year vacation myself. I guess I owe the Meze team a thank you for shooting me a PM invitation to their newest tour

Can we get time stamps on PMs please, as well as time stamps on when a person was last online.
Thanks

Yea the stamps are moved, and the "last online" is at the top of some one's profile. I guess it's nice that you can remove it if you'd like,

Apr 30, 2017 at 5:30 PM Post #786 of 1,792
Apr 30, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #788 of 1,792
@joe If I remember the text editor used to have super/sub scripting as well as strike-through. All have been useful, especially super/subscripting for math or references.

Apr 30, 2017 at 8:13 PM Post #789 of 1,792
Still getting security errors when trying to use search on mobile.

I've cleared my cache. Any known fixes?

Or is there a know bug list so that people don't keep posting the same issues?

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #790 of 1,792
Still getting security errors when trying to use search on mobile.

I've cleared my cache. Any known fixes?

Or is there a know bug list so that people don't keep posting the same issues?
If i try to like something i get the error too (mobile site)
also i have noticed if i click a picture or link it will open it in 2 tabs every time (desktop mode)

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2017 at 8:25 PM Post #791 of 1,792

I emailed you regarding the issue, but I hadn't received a response. Please send me an email at joe at head-fi.org and I'll get you straightened out.

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:46 PM Post #793 of 1,792
There doesn't seem to be any way to find your FS listings via your profile/account.

Apr 30, 2017 at 10:49 PM Post #794 of 1,792
There used to be a link to the discussions i started which allowed me to easily locate my offerings.....does anybody know where i can find this...not all my comments but just the discussions i started?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back