New Head-Fi Update
Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:11 PM Post #601 of 1,792
@ Admin:
It seems like Reputation (history) is lost with the new site. If possible, please require this from the old site...

Apr 28, 2017 at 3:58 PM Post #603 of 1,792
It would be great to see again all important information in one place (one page) such as subscriptions (watched threads), profile info, own reviews and reputation (likes). All of this information now is fragmented and have to click on teeny-tiny menu buttons here and there between giant ads.

Not quite everything you listed above, but I hope this helps in the interim: https://www.head-fi.org/f/account/news-feed :slight_smile:

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:02 PM Post #604 of 1,792
Hey everyone, we've got an update for you in relation to the classifieds. It's still a work in progress, but we now have it setup so you guys can change the titles, prices and details for your active listings. We're still working to implement more options like bumping and closing listings, but for the interim we wanted to make sure that Head-Fi'ers could update their content.

To access these options, hover over the new Thread Tools menu (see screenshots in the spoiler). Here you can edit the title and custom fields on the classified to make changes. We appreciate the feedback everyone has given us so far and we're continuing to improve the user experience. We'll be continuing to watch the threads and taking your comments to heart as we continue developing on the new site.

Screenshot 1.png
Screenshot 2.png

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #606 of 1,792
The first day the new site went live I was able to do everything (post, upload images, "Like" a post, etc.).

It seems now the only thing I'm able to do is browse and make plain-text posts.

For example, when I click the "Like" link I get this:

http://imgur.com/a/QUvtZ

Likewise when I try to add a quote to my post, or upload an image, or click to add a smiley, or ...

When I click the "Recent Activity" or "Postings" tabs on any profile (including my own profile) I get a similar error:

http://imgur.com/a/YOrh8

When try to load the site on my phone (Android/Chrome) I get a security cert warning.

Adding an image via url seemed to work the other day, but now it just turns into:
QUvtZ

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:13 PM Post #608 of 1,792
You can change this in your profile settings to default to automatically watch a thread you post in and also optionally get email updates for replies.

Maybe YOU can, but in the new system I can not find any such profile setting. Heck, I can't find ANY profile settings! In my profile page view all I see are four tabs: "Public Messages, Recent Activity, Postings, and Information". Clicking each tab and I still don't see any setting (like it used to be in the old system) that lets me set the default to be "watch any thread that I post in".

Different topic:

1) How do I find out how many unread posts are in a watched thread? That is **VERY** handy to know!

2) Any system whose UI requires mousing-over is broken by definition --- so so many people use phones and tablets with no mouse.

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #610 of 1,792
I'm not sure if this has been posted but I had to re-ignore those already on my ignore list. Overall as Web developer I know new site design and change is tough for both parties and will take time getting sorted out, but this is still a disaster UI/UX/Functionality wise.

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:19 PM Post #611 of 1,792
In my profile page view all I see are four tabs: "Public Messages, Recent Activity, Postings, and Information".

When you're over there, click on your big avatar on the left. It gets you to your settings.
:beerchug:

Apr 28, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #613 of 1,792
Newsflash. The ads are based on your browsing history. What you are seeing is what you have shown an interest in. Everyone sees different things. The ads I see are about electronics. Guess why.

This made me laugh way too much. "These new racy, distasteful ads are disgraceful! Think of the women!"

Little does this guy know they're targeted ads. Might I suggest incognito mode my friend? :dt880smile:

Apr 28, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #614 of 1,792
I don't think there's much I can add that hasn't already been said a million times, but I guess I'll add my voice to all the others, I'm really not a fan of the new site. All the functionality that made this site easy to use is now gone or buried so deep I can't find it. What's most frustrating is that all the quality of life elements (subscribed threads, new posts, etc.) have been removed in order to fit a heinous number of ads onto the front page. Even the featured content has been shrunk down to fit more ads, and moving ads at that. I know this change will lead to people removing head-if from their ad blocker whitelist. I've even seen people on other sites sharing scripts that remove the head-if ads and resize the content.

Also a night mode/black theme is a must. People are more aware than ever of the problems that stem from late night screen usage, and a white theme can cause some issues for night time reading.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back