NEW Audio Technica Multiple BA IEM: ATH LS50,70,200,300,400
Jul 7, 2017 at 11:04 PM Post #242 of 405
Has anyone tried the IM70 and LS70 and can compare them? I have the IM70 now.

I've also listened to the IM02 and while their detail was excellent, the vocals sounded horribly unnatural and I couldn't stand them. I'm assuming the LS200 will have the same issue.

Jul 8, 2017 at 4:11 AM Post #243 of 405

I've also listened to the IM02 and while their detail was excellent, the vocals sounded horribly unnatural and I couldn't stand them. I'm assuming the LS200 will have the same issue.

You should try E Series (E50, E70). They have very neutral mids.

Jul 8, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #244 of 405

*edit* One of the measurement blogs CYMBACAVUM linked to actually has some comparison measurements http://m.blog.naver.com/gre_nada/220922171471 and there's a pretty big difference between 2khz and 5khz, which AFAIK affects vox.

I don't find this to be the case with LS200 but I don't remember this ever bothering me with IM02 (it has been a long time) so my opinion isn't worth much- It's probably worth mentioning that the LS200 has completely different design from IM02 with different drivers and sound tube.

I really enjoy the similarly priced Earsonics ES2 for vocal focused music, though it is a bit mid-centric with softer bass & details in contrast with LS200

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 7:08 AM Post #245 of 405
I’d appreciate some input from you all as I’m in quite the pickle choosing from a bunch of mid-fi iems (high end for me personally lol). Can anyone compare the E70 to the Oriveti New Primacy, iBasso IT03, LS200 (since ls400 seems to sound weird), or Klipsch X20i? I’m looking for a balanced signature with the exception of a little bass boost to work with hip-hop/rap and hard rock. Sub-bass presence (not dominance) is a must as I hate roll off in the very low end. Thanks all!

Jul 25, 2017 at 7:20 AM Post #246 of 405
I’d appreciate some input from you all as I’m in quite the pickle choosing from a bunch of mid-fi iems (high end for me personally lol). Can anyone compare the E70 to the Oriveti New Primacy, iBasso IT03, LS200 (since ls400 seems to sound weird), or Klipsch X20i? I’m looking for a balanced signature with the exception of a little bass boost to work with hip-hop/rap and hard rock. Sub-bass presence (not dominance) is a must as I hate roll off in the very low end. Thanks all!
I still own both E70 and LS200. For sure E70 will fit your taste better. The LS200 is more mid-centric with less bass and flat in comparison.
Can't say anything about hybrids.

Jul 25, 2017 at 3:16 PM Post #247 of 405
I still own both E70 and LS200. For sure E70 will fit your taste better. The LS200 is more mid-centric with less bass and flat in comparison.
Cool, that’s one comparison out of the way. Pretty much the only reason why I think the hybrids could better suit me is that the DDs would have stronger/more realistic kick and impact. I’ve only ever owned hybrids and single DD iems before so I’m a bit wary of a pure BA iem. On the other hand, a ventless design would be awesome for isolation... Choices choices

Jul 25, 2017 at 4:08 PM Post #248 of 405
Cool, that’s one comparison out of the way. Pretty much the only reason why I think the hybrids could better suit me is that the DDs would have stronger/more realistic kick and impact. I’ve only ever owned hybrids and single DD iems before so I’m a bit wary of a pure BA iem. On the other hand, a ventless design would be awesome for isolation... Choices choices
Well, I went through some sony hybrids in the past like xba-z5, A2, H1 - not my cup of tea - too much of slow overwhelming bass. BA is my the only choice for the past 2-3 years. To me the main problem with DDs is speed/attack and much less details in comparison with BA.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #249 of 405

+1 definitely not LS200, though it does have decent bass for only dual-BA... I have heard a couple BA designs with pretty solid bass extension (they make some pretty big BA woofer drivers), though none have had quite the same feeling as my favorite DD iems like EX1000 (which isn't even bassy, just has that feeling of depth).

I've not heard them but maybe research/demo Earsonics ES3 or SM64 (or used Velvet possibly?)- I think they have a reputation for good BA bass- I had an SM1 (definitely not for bass) with the old "Clamshell" design like the 64 have, with some westone foam tips (actually some of the Westone IEMs have a rep for decent BA bass) they Isolated pretty well, the Earsonics Biflange tips isolate well too but they only come in one size.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 8:46 PM Post #250 of 405
I realized I left out a very important contender here, the Senn IE800. Particularly, how does this stack up against E70? Both are said to have excellent sub bass, but from the impressions I’ve read the Senn would be much brighter. The E70 would certainly have the better isolation but I don’t know if it is really a competitor with the IE800 as that is supposed to compete with 1k+ TOTL

Jul 26, 2017 at 12:18 AM Post #251 of 405
With a proper source and amplification the E70 will not leave any chance to any DD earphones or any BA IEM in the range of $1000. They are the most performaing 3xBA I have ever heard in my life.

And, yes for a bigger bass you should look at Erasonics

Last edited:
Jul 26, 2017 at 1:47 AM Post #252 of 405
I’m not sure if what I want is considered “bigger bass” (I know individual perception/taste varies wildly). I was more wondering if the E70 could produce satisfying rumble and decent punch when the track calls for it. I listen to a wide variety of music (Blues-rock, hard rock, classic rock, rap, hair metal, soundtracks, edm) and I’m looking for a well rounded iem that can produce some oomph when needed, but not interfere with lower mids. I can’t stand it when the upper bass and mids get mixed/congested.

Thanks for putting up with my ramblings, I really appreciate everyone’s input :)

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #253 of 405
was more wondering if the E70 could produce satisfying rumble and decent punch when the track calls for it.
Yes. And from my experience the more power you give to them the better bass is. I currently running them form the amp of 430 mW - perfect bass.

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #254 of 405
Awesome, I’m getting super excited as these sound like just the iem I’m looking for! I’ve been reading other threads regarding this line and I’m surprised these aren’t more popular. Thanks again for your input, I have way more confidence buying these now.

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:15 AM Post #255 of 405
Awesome, I’m getting super excited as these sound like just the iem I’m looking for! I’ve been reading other threads regarding this line and I’m surprised these aren’t more popular. Thanks again for your input, I have way more confidence buying these now.

The only thing is that they may produce hissing / sibilance with some sources. You never know if your source is a good match or not until you try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back