Meze Headphones - Hanover, Germany reviewer wanted ASAP
Feb 8, 2016 at 1:25 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

MezeTeam

Sponsor: Meze Audio

Hello Head-Fi

Meze Headphones is looking for a head-fier from (or around) Hanover, Germany willing to do a pick up for one of our Meze 99 Classics units.

The pair of headphones was used as a display unit at the iF WORLD DESIGN GUIDE design competition.

The competition is now over and we are looking for one head-fier to pick the headphones up, review them, and keep them! 

The pick up is possible starting with the 23rd of February until the 11th March 2016, from 8:00 to 4:30 p.m. daily. The pick up needs to be done personally.

Just post your desire to give us a little hand at this here in the thread and we will contact you for further details.

UPDATE 1
 ​
We will announce who will do the pick up on the 17th of February.
 ​
 ​
UPDATE 2
 ​
The head-fier who will get to pick up the 99 Classics from Hanover is @phonomat
 ​
Thank you all for offering to help us out with picking up the headphones. It only shows that the community is strong here on Head-Fi​

Disclaimer:

Choosing the head-fier who will get to pick up, review, and keep the Meze 99 Classics unit in question is solely the responsibility of Meze Headphones.

A quick note

The pair in question will end up being destroyed if not picked up and it would be such a shame to let it go to waste. Best it stays in the community in the hands (and on the head) of someone who is passionate about audio gear. 
beyersmile.png

Thank you for your help!

Meze Headphones

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Feb 8, 2016 at 9:13 AM Post #3 of 33
Shame it was not London! 
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:36 PM Post #4 of 33
My german partner is from Hamburg he can travel by train and pick the pair... don't  kill it LOL, will write to him  of this thread LOL. I don't like my current sony headphones for classical music.

Don't Buy headphones from stores, Adopt them
biggrin.gif

Feb 8, 2016 at 6:42 PM Post #5 of 33
"Be destroyed"?!
Like a bomb at an airport? What a waste!
This ain't a 'Guy Richie' movie, you know! :joy:

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:10 PM Post #7 of 33
Isn't this cruelty to Headphones.

Is there a Headphone protection league hotline I can phone to report such a dreadful crime?

I'm sure it's just motivation by Meze to get people racing to it like a scene from Whacky Races where we all trip over each other sabotaging each others vehicles trying to get there first!

Feb 8, 2016 at 7:20 PM Post #8 of 33

Hello Head-Fi

Meze Headphones is looking for a head-fier from (or around) Hanover, Germany willing to do a pick-up for one of our Meze 99 Classics units.

The pair of headphones was used as a display unit at the iF WORLD DESIGN GUIDE design competition.

The competition is now over and we are looking for one head-fier to pick the headphones up, review them, and keep them! 

The [COLOR=222222]pick up is possible starting with the [/COLOR]23rd of February until the 11th March 2016
[COLOR=222222], from [/COLOR]8:00 to 4:30 p.m.
[COLOR=222222] daily.[/COLOR]

Just post your desire to give us a little hand at this here in the thread and we will contact you for further details.

Disclaimer:

Choosing the head-fier who will get to pick up, review, and keep the Meze 99 Classics unit in question is solely the responsibility of Meze Headphones.

A quick note

The pair in question will end up being destroyed if not picked up and it would be such a shame to let it go to waste. Best it stays in the community in the hands (and on the head) of someone who is passionate about audio gear. :beyersmile:

Thank you for your help!

Meze Headphones

Destroyed?? Ok, if that happens, that would be unfortunate, but there should be a video if it happens!

Feb 9, 2016 at 2:02 AM Post #10 of 33
Isn't this cruelty to Headphones.

Is there a Headphone protection league hotline I can phone to report such a dreadful crime?

I'm sure it's just motivation by Meze to get people racing to it like a scene from Whacky Races where we all trip over each other sabotaging each others vehicles trying to get there first!

We will certainly not do that, mainly because our Meze Mobile is in the shops at the moment and it would be a shame to miss out on this whole bonanza!

And as an update, the headphones need to be picked up personally. We will announce who will get to pick them up from Hanover soon!

Meze Audio Design. Comfort. Sound. True audio. Stay updated on Meze Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/mezeaudio https://twitter.com/mezeaudio https://www.instagram.com/mezeaudio/ https://www.mezeaudio.com/ marketing@mezeaudio.com
Feb 9, 2016 at 3:25 AM Post #11 of 33
I'm in Frankfurt, but I'd be happy to pay for all postage costs....  a 6 hour car round-trip would be far more expensive 
redface.gif

Looks like a very interesting and pretty headphone. 
Would be more than happy and willing to give them a go and take lots and lots of pretty photos.

EDIT - If it's absolutely necessary, I can pick these up - I'll just make a day-trip to Hanover. 
biggrin.gif

Feb 9, 2016 at 4:44 AM Post #12 of 33
Hi,

I live nearby and would happily pick them up for a review. If you're interested I could write a review not only here but on the biggest german hifi forum (hifi-forum.de) too. So you'll get two reviews - one in german and one in english
happy_face1.gif

Would be happy to hear back from you...

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:13 AM Post #13 of 33

I would gladly take them. I actually live in Berlin but there is no problem in going to Hannover from here. I was able to give them a listen at last year's IFA and if I remember correctly I had a neat little talk with Antonio. He liked my V-modas - that's why we got into talking. I really enjoyed them although such a loud environment does not do them justice. I thought about backing their then still running Indiegogo campaign but unfortunately I had no spare money this month and the actual price is also quite a stretch. I would really like reuniting with the Meze 99 Classics as I could not really get them out of my head (actually I want them to be ON my head). 

Feb 9, 2016 at 5:46 AM Post #14 of 33
Crimson and clover / I love Hannover ...
biggrin.gif

I don't know if that helps, but my best friend from school's dad is actually the former mayor of Hannover. Fun fact.

As for me, I live in Germany's second most beautiful city, Munich, but I would love to visit you in your store any time you see fit. I have been eyeing these headphones for a while, since I've heard the greatest things about their prodigious bass. Seems like their sound signature might be right up my alley (I have Ultrasone Pro 900 and Fostex TH-900, so you could say that I love my bass
L3000.gif
, and I'm always looking for fun cans with great bass that does not intrude on the rest of the frequency spectrum)! So yeah, I'd very much like to give them a proper hands-on test drive and see how they compare. From the looks of it, they don't have to fear the competition. Anyway, I would gladly dust off my Bahncard 50 and hop over to H-Town to rescue these from the impending destruction. Can't bear to see beautiful things hurt.

Feel free to PM me in English or German with any questions.

Oh yeah, I'm on Hi-Fi forum, too ...
wink.gif

Best,
Stephan aka phonomat

Feb 9, 2016 at 1:50 PM Post #15 of 33
To: Arne Breitsprecher

Subject: How much a Trip to Hannover?

Hallo arne wie gehts?

Guess?

LOL forget about your riend also called Arne, its about meze 99 classic headphones, i am registered on an audiophile forum lol and they are giving a FREE PAIR of big cans to some near hannover LOL

so i told them My BF is from HH, he can get an ICE TRAIN to pick them up before you murder them ... they said the pair if not picked up will be destroyrd.... they will announce thwe winning heafier soon, I am dying i win LOL

BITTE STAY TUNED und wenn ich win der prize Oh bitte bitte hole die kopfhörer ab LOL

LG

Gerardo

Hhahaha i wrote the email to my BF

Users who are viewing this thread

Back