Magaosi K3 PRO impressions and discussions thread.
Jul 22, 2017 at 2:04 AM Post #886 of 948
Have they also addressed the loose MMCX Connectors?

According to this, no:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/m...scussions-thread.839011/page-53#post-13530666

But the good news is that there is a 1-yr warranty so if there are cable problems it will be covered.

I've had no cable problems with mine whatsoever.

Also, 1clearhead said a few pages back that the revised K3 HD model comes with a "different and upgraded cable". I don't know what that means though - it could be better conductor materials or a better mic, or it could also mean that there's more secure fitting ends (preventing loose connections).

Maybe 1clearhead can shed some light on what's "different and upgraded" about the HD cable.

Jul 23, 2017 at 1:53 AM Post #887 of 948
According to this, no:

https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/m...scussions-thread.839011/page-53#post-13530666

But the good news is that there is a 1-yr warranty so if there are cable problems it will be covered.

I've had no cable problems with mine whatsoever.

Also, 1clearhead said a few pages back that the revised K3 HD model comes with a "different and upgraded cable". I don't know what that means though - it could be better conductor materials or a better mic, or it could also mean that there's more secure fitting ends (preventing loose connections).

Maybe 1clearhead can shed some light on what's "different and upgraded" about the HD cable.

The cable itself is better, the connectors are similarly tight and clicky as the Pro. Swapping in my ALO Litz cable, which has a beryllium connector locked much more firmly into the K3 HD, so I would suggest that the cables have may have looser or softer MMCX connectors rather than the earphones themselves which is ideal.

dsc04043-7.jpg

Plus, just finished my full review with many comparisons to the original and a few other notable earphones around this price. Hope it helps some people out who are curious about the new HD, I've found it to be a nicer earphone in general, more linear, balanced and detailed.

Jul 27, 2017 at 9:43 AM Post #888 of 948
Let me guess. You got it from Urban Audiophile at P6500, plus the delivery fee. How were the connectors? Did you get one of the good ones or the somewhat faulty ones?

Good day Pat! I got mine from Techshop28 in Manila and yes it cost me 6,500 pesos plus 100 for delivery to the province since I ordered mine when I was in the province. The connectors are flawless and after more than 2 months of using it, still no problems encountered here! I can say too that SQ has improved a bit after more than 100 hours of use. So I think I'm lucky with what I got!

Aug 2, 2017 at 3:36 AM Post #890 of 948
The cable itself is better, the connectors are similarly tight and clicky as the Pro. Swapping in my ALO Litz cable, which has a beryllium connector locked much more firmly into the K3 HD, so I would suggest that the cables have may have looser or softer MMCX connectors rather than the earphones themselves which is ideal.

dsc04043-7.jpg

Plus, just finished my full review with many comparisons to the original and a few other notable earphones around this price. Hope it helps some people out who are curious about the new HD, I've found it to be a nicer earphone in general, more linear, balanced and detailed.
Great review! :thumbsup::sunglasses:

Aug 9, 2017 at 11:09 AM Post #892 of 948
hi guys, have any of you tried the k3 pro with cayin n3? my dap is a benjie x1 and i'm thinking of upgrading. so i'm thinking if it's worth an upgrade.

I use my K3 Pros with the Cayin N3 and it's a fantastic combination. I think you'll really love the N3 for sound quality and all the features it packs.

Aug 9, 2017 at 1:34 PM Post #894 of 948
is it worth the upgrade? like, is there a big difference in sq compared to benjie players?

I haven't listened to any of the Benjie players so I can't comment on that. However, I don't think you'll find too many complaints about just how good the N3 sounds, especially at its price. The dac chip Cayin used and it's implementation is really good, and I think the N3 also outputs a significant amount of power over the Benjie, too. I'm often surprised at just how good the N3 sounds, especially when paired with the K3 pro, musical, detailed, with good body. Before buying the N3, I had looked at the cheaper options but I'm glad I spent a little more for the N3. There are so many features on the N3 on top of it's great sound, and to being able to control the N3 through the Hiby app on your phone just takes it to another level as well. On top of that, customer support with Cayin is really great. They listen to their users and have already updated the firmware a couple of times. There are plenty of youtube reviews on the Cayin N3 for you to check out as well and see if what they say entices you to upgrade. I will link some for you below:

You can also find several written reviews online as well:

http://headfonics.com/2017/04/the-n3-by-cayin/

http://www.headfonia.com/review-cayin-n3-the-master/

Aug 9, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #895 of 948
I haven't listened to any of the Benjie players so I can't comment on that. However, I don't think you'll find too many complaints about just how good the N3 sounds, especially at its price. The dac chip Cayin used and it's implementation is really good, and I think the N3 also outputs a significant amount of power over the Benjie, too. I'm often surprised at just how good the N3 sounds, especially when paired with the K3 pro, musical, detailed, with good body. Before buying the N3, I had looked at the cheaper options but I'm glad I spent a little more for the N3. There are so many features on the N3 on top of it's great sound, and to being able to control the N3 through the Hiby app on your phone just takes it to another level as well. On top of that, customer support with Cayin is really great. They listen to their users and have already updated the firmware a couple of times. There are plenty of youtube reviews on the Cayin N3 for you to check out as well and see if what they say entices you to upgrade. I will link some for you below:

You can also find several written reviews online as well:

http://headfonics.com/2017/04/the-n3-by-cayin/

http://www.headfonia.com/review-cayin-n3-the-master/

Good choice! The Cayin N3 looks like a really good player and match......I might even jump on this band wagon! :beerchug:

Aug 10, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #897 of 948
Good choice! The Cayin N3 looks like a really good player and match......I might even jump on this band wagon! :beerchug:

That space is filling up with some great DAP options. Along with the Cayin N3, there is the Shanling M2s (really nice looking) and the soon to be released Fiio X3MkIII (dual dac and balanced out!), both of which are about $50 more than the N3. It's a pretty sweet time for portable sources to match with our IEMs.

Aug 10, 2017 at 6:53 PM Post #898 of 948
Aug 10, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #899 of 948
That space is filling up with some great DAP options. Along with the Cayin N3, there is the Shanling M2s (really nice looking) and the soon to be released Fiio X3MkIII (dual dac and balanced out!), both of which are about $50 more than the N3. It's a pretty sweet time for portable sources to match with our IEMs.
Yes,..the Fiio X3kiii is a very good choice.
Even when I planned to buy Cayin N3 I only compared it with Fiio X3kii. And finally, I got Fiio X5 gen 2 and now, I am being happy with it when pairing with K3 Pro.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back