LG G6 Sound Quality
May 27, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #166 of 453
Paired my G6 with a Campfire Audio Lyra II and it's a pretty damn good match?

May 29, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #168 of 453
Lg G6 quad DAC vs european version. Im on Exynos S6 right now, pretty happy with sq with Poweramp. Im thinking about G6, but HK version is 1yr warranty, EU ver. is 2yrs ... Difference is worth the risk comparing to S6?

May 31, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #171 of 453
Preety much the same issue here, but i wonder how EU/US ver. sounds comparing to SGS 6...
Hi

I tried my LG G6 EU version today with the Dragonfly Black. I far prefer the sound out of the headphonejack compared to the Dragonfly. The G6 is better than my old S7 Edge, so it's not bad I think.

Jun 1, 2017 at 8:41 AM Post #172 of 453
Hi

I tried my LG G6 EU version today with the Dragonfly Black. I far prefer the sound out of the headphonejack compared to the Dragonfly. The G6 is better than my old S7 Edge, so it's not bad I think.
That's nice to read because the S7 has a Cirrus Logic DAC. So, basically the LG G6 EU/US/BR (H870) probably has a good DAC aswell. Nothing like the Quad DAC, but still a good enough DAC.

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:18 AM Post #176 of 453
I found quad dac mode a bit strange, it holds the sound a lot, I realized it loses depth, this using Tidal Hi-fi. Waiting for the live xplay 6 arrive to compare, but I think the quad dac holds much of the sound, it looks like a crossover and in my opinion is not letting deliver the full potential of the sound. Particularly I did not like it very much, it would take that I like the live xplay 6.

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:36 AM Post #177 of 453
I found quad dac mode a bit strange, it holds the sound a lot, I realized it loses depth, this using Tidal Hi-fi. Waiting for the live xplay 6 arrive to compare, but I think the quad dac holds much of the sound, it looks like a crossover and in my opinion is not letting deliver the full potential of the sound. Particularly I did not like it very much, it would take that I like the live xplay 6.
Do You mean sound is less dynamic ? Hows Poweramp sounds comparing to stock LG player - it can make huuuge diference in term of loudness and dynamic

Jun 5, 2017 at 7:52 AM Post #179 of 453
Im very cuorious hows the EU version sounds comparing to my Galaxy S6. I found info G6 is 0,78 V and mine S6 gives only 0,50 V on headphone jack.... Impact on loudness should be big. Especialy with Poweramp player

Jun 6, 2017 at 4:18 AM Post #180 of 453
Guys! Anyone in the EU purchased the korean G6 model from wondamobile.com? If fact anyone used this company at all? Thinking could be time to upgrade the S6 - which I have always found the audio to be pretty weak

Users who are viewing this thread

Back