Klipsch r6? Help!
Apr 16, 2014 at 3:43 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 75

DroidArmy

New Head-Fier
Hi! I was wondering if anybody has used the newly released Klipsch r6 yet. I currently have a pair of s4's but the sibilance is maddening. Have they fixed it with the r6? Please help I want to buy them but I need to know if they fixed the sibilance

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

Apr 20, 2014 at 7:40 PM Post #4 of 75
Is the base acceptable or is there just not enough?

It's quite good. It's plenty but not too much. It's like a very refined version of the s4. It has about that bass level. What they've done is taken the s4 as a base and redesigned it with the same sound signature but in a way that feels right. There's more detail as well. I really like what they've done. One of the best things is that it doesn't require the burn in time of the s4. It sounds a little boomy and possibly a hint sibilant (just barely if any) out of the box but it sounds very good. After 35 or so hours of using them they already sound even better. I highly recommend them!

Apr 21, 2014 at 7:11 PM Post #7 of 75
I saw these go on sale via email, but other than two measly reviews on Best Buy's site, I hadn't heard about anyone who bought them or even demo'd them. Glad you took the time to make some comments!

Apr 22, 2014 at 9:43 PM Post #8 of 75
Hey I was wondering if you could speak to the r6's build quality. I had a pair of s4i-II and the wire near the headphone jack kept on breaking and it was really frustrating. 

Apr 23, 2014 at 12:53 AM Post #9 of 75
Hey I was wondering if you could speak to the r6's build quality. I had a pair of s4i-II and the wire near the headphone jack kept on breaking and it was really frustrating. 

It's actually not that bad. The wires are flat but well built. As you can expect with flat wires some cable noise is added. It doesn't bother me though. The plastic used on the r6 isn't glossy which at first annoyed me but it's actually a better choice. It's really good plastic that's easy to grip. I think it's very well built overall and should stand up to normal wear and tear. Nothing's broken so far so that's a good sign

Apr 23, 2014 at 10:57 AM Post #11 of 75
Here's some close up pictures of everything if you want to take a look at build quality
2e7usy7y.jpg
uty4ajy7.jpg
a4esudyg.jpg

Apr 23, 2014 at 1:31 PM Post #12 of 75
Thanks for the pictures! The headphone jack piece looks just like the s4i-II which is concerning because that's the part that always broke for me. But if you've had both and say it feels better I'll take your word for it :)

Apr 29, 2014 at 10:38 PM Post #15 of 75
Wow this is literally the only thread with information on these. I'm going to best buy tomorrow to replace my broken s4's and I'm having trouble chooses between the s4 ii's and the new r6's. Which has more bass?

Apparently the r6's are made of metal, and must be heavier? How's the comfort compared to the s4? The s4's were really light and you could barely feel them.

Do you think theyre worth $85 vs $50 for the s4ii's? I'm sure the price will drop to around $60 or something since both retail for $79, but the r6's are newer..

edit: Are these any more/less bulky than the s4's? I imagine more because of the flat cable but other than that is the plug still slim and the y splitter?

If anyone can compare them to the Shure se215's that be great, they're in the same price range but the se215's apparently have better sound(?) but are definitely more bulky and over ear only.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back