JH Audio Angie Impressions and Discussion Thread
Apr 30, 2017 at 10:05 PM Post #2,702 of 3,122
Had the problem that the Angies sounded muffled with small foam tips. With medium foam tips, they sound great, but start to turn upwards and work their way out of my ear canals after a while. Now listening to them with small silicone tips, seal, fit and sound are perfect. So if anyone has fit issues, try a smaller tip size and get those nozzles deep in your ear canals. They need to be worn much deeper than any other IEM I've tried. Strange.

Btw. the cable looks hideous. Is there a nice and affordable aftermarket solution? I don't belive in cable sound, good looks, low microphonics and sturdiness are more important :wink:

Edit: I'm having a session with Angie, wippin my feet to Dire Straits. I used to hate Dire Straits! What's happeniiiiing???

@Asspirin Moon Audio cables are definitely the way to go if you're looking something (relatively) inexpensive but still has great build quality.

I love my Moon Audio Black Dragon V2 cable for my Angie IIs.

May 1, 2017 at 11:42 AM Post #2,704 of 3,122
Is it me or do the sound tune of Angie II remind a lot of Sonus Faber Aria. Same smooth mid centric pleasure with a lot of detail?

May 2, 2017 at 3:53 AM Post #2,705 of 3,122
I'm done. My ear canals can't cope with IEMs even with small tips. Just aches way too much to enjoy the music. As soon as I get back from this business trip my 5 month old Angies are going up for sale. UK if anyone is interested.

May 2, 2017 at 7:26 AM Post #2,706 of 3,122
Have you tried to "Switch/turn" them forward or a bit backwards so the IEM's have a better fit against your ear zerolight?

May 2, 2017 at 8:04 AM Post #2,707 of 3,122
@Sethivict

Yeah - tried everything. My ear canals just seem to be really small and tight.

May 3, 2017 at 1:46 AM Post #2,709 of 3,122
I second that.
:)

May 4, 2017 at 5:13 AM Post #2,710 of 3,122
Hey guys,

Just wanted to know if anyone has tried the Angie's with the cv5. Does it have any audible hissing? Wanted to get one instead of a CDM but can't audition on and been seeing accounts of some IEMs hissing with the cv5 over at the cv5 thread. TYIA.

PS: I would have done a search but I can't seem to find it anymore, is it currently disabled? :triportsad:

May 7, 2017 at 12:23 PM Post #2,711 of 3,122
My DIY Angie wax filter mod, with nozzle tip stoppers (thx for the recent recommendation to do this tip stopper mod).
IMAG2253.jpg
Turn the silicone tip inside out and evenly put the foam cover inside the silicone tip. Then put the tip on the Angie and now it has a wax guard.

Attachments

• IMAG2258.jpg
    IMAG2258.jpg
    741.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG2257.jpg
    IMAG2257.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG2256.jpg
    IMAG2256.jpg
    661.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG2255.jpg
    IMAG2255.jpg
    692.3 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG2254.jpg
    IMAG2254.jpg
    789.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMAG2253.jpg
    IMAG2253.jpg
    815.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 24, 2017 at 2:53 PM Post #2,712 of 3,122
Just wanted to jump in here and say I`ve joined team Angie. I`ve been a dedicated IE800 owner for years and honestly wouldn`t believe that anything could match them for overall sound and soundstage. On a whim, I started reading this thread and having an urge to test my "Nothing could be better" belief, I treated myself to the Angie`s for my birthday.

I`'ve had them now for 24 hours. OH MY! I`m at a whole new level of loving my music. And quite honestly, that's the biggest compliment I can give to these. I haven't heard this amount of quality, ever. I've adjusted to about 2:15 to 2:30 on the dials, my sweet spot, and the bass is just low and solid. Mids are breath taking, and the highs are perfect for me. And the space in the instrumentation of everything I listen to. Wow! Soundstage is perfection as well.

I'm using the balanced cable out of the FIIO X7, X5 3rd gen, and SE out of my mojo. The mojo bass had to be adjusted slightly, but very beautiful. Have the stock foam tips on currently, and waiting for some Comply to arrive today.

Anyways, thank you to everyone in the thread for providing enough detail to push towards these. I'm seriously in listening heaven with these.

P.S. I grabbed the v1 special editions off Amazon. If I had known these were this good, I wouldn't have balked at a higher price.

Jun 24, 2017 at 4:47 PM Post #2,713 of 3,122
Just wanted to jump in here and say I`ve joined team Angie. I`ve been a dedicated IE800 owner for years and honestly wouldn`t believe that anything could match them for overall sound and soundstage. On a whim, I started reading this thread and having an urge to test my "Nothing could be better" belief, I treated myself to the Angie`s for my birthday.

I`'ve had them now for 24 hours. OH MY! I`m at a whole new level of loving my music. And quite honestly, that's the biggest compliment I can give to these. I haven't heard this amount of quality, ever. I've adjusted to about 2:15 to 2:30 on the dials, my sweet spot, and the bass is just low and solid. Mids are breath taking, and the highs are perfect for me. And the space in the instrumentation of everything I listen to. Wow! Soundstage is perfection as well.

I'm using the balanced cable out of the FIIO X7, X5 3rd gen, and SE out of my mojo. The mojo bass had to be adjusted slightly, but very beautiful. Have the stock foam tips on currently, and waiting for some Comply to arrive today.

Anyways, thank you to everyone in the thread for providing enough detail to push towards these. I'm seriously in listening heaven with these.

P.S. I grabbed the v1 special editions off Amazon. If I had known these were this good, I wouldn't have balked at a higher price.
Glad you're enjoying them. Have fun.

Jun 26, 2017 at 11:14 PM Post #2,715 of 3,122

Users who are viewing this thread

Back