JBL Synchros S700. Why no talk?
Dec 22, 2013 at 11:08 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 53

Minarets

500+ Head-Fier
Curious why these get virtually no discussion here. I have read some great reviews and some horrible ones. More good Han bad though. Can't figure out where these stand. I'm definitely curious.

Well built, closed, detachable cable, over ear....just curious about the live sound thing.

No thoughts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Dec 23, 2013 at 12:14 PM Post #3 of 53
So these are obviously frowned upon? I take no comments and so little talk about them as such. There are only a handful of thoughts out there on amazon and review sites and the feelings are so mixed. From " best headphone ever heard" to " livestage is awful"

JBL offers a 30 day money back guarantee....hmmmm.

Dec 23, 2013 at 3:49 PM Post #4 of 53
I was interested, but this quote killed it for me: 
 There was more impact and power down there on the Synchros S700; moving up to the midrange and treble I found the Beats Pro more natural.

The midrange and treble of my Beats Pro is as natural as Sunny-D.

Dec 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #5 of 53
Yeah, I get that. Saw that as well. Then I see where multiple that have listened to some pretty good equipment say its the best headphone that have tried ans its not close.

Now, I'm not sure if they are considering BOSE QC as the best sounding headphone as a reference, but I'm just saying. They look stunning. I'm just wondering if $350 is worth it. The LiveStage could be awesome and it could be a disaster.

Dec 23, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #6 of 53
Heck, didn't even think about amazon reviews for these. Just read them. All seem pretty positive. I really can't figure out any difference from the s500 and s700 other than $50 and maybe some extra metal and one is battery powered and the other has a rechargeable battery. Not sure which one I'd rather have...

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:07 PM Post #7 of 53
Hmmm, let's see if these headphones have elements that hated by Head-Fi community....

Custom electric circuits that deter the sound - check

Relying on battery to operate that said circuit - check

Sure, unlike beats, it still sounds without being powered, but these two points pretty much killed any potential to be liked by people here.

Not to mention, as with previous models, JBL does not hold much high hope regarding the sound quality.

Dec 23, 2013 at 11:57 PM Post #8 of 53
Hmmm, let's see if these headphones have elements that hated by Head-Fi community....

Custom electric circuits that deter the sound - check

Relying on battery to operate that said circuit - check

Sure, unlike beats, it still sounds without being powered, but these two points pretty much killed any potential to be liked by people here.

Not to mention, as with previous models, JBL does not hold much high hope regarding the sound quality.

So it's more about a total neutral sound and nothing fun sounding? I get it though...
I'm all about whatever makes my music sound the best to me. Now, no clue if this livestage can do that or not, but if it sounds great, I'm all about it.

I did figure some would try them though.

Dec 28, 2013 at 12:10 PM Post #9 of 53
Received JBL S700's yesterday. As described by others they are extremely well built and exude quality in terms of construction. Weight/comfort has not been an issue for me and I in fact have found them to be more comfortable than my Beats Executives. Comparing the sound to my Beats Executive headphones I have found that the bass does not drown out the vocals or other sounds. I use a Sony PHA-1 amp-dac so I don't have a real need to use the Live-Stage option. I did turn the Live-Stage on when I wasn't using my amp-dac and I think that it enhanced the listening experience. I am extremely satisfied with my purchase of the JBL S700's. I had to exchange two other pairs of Beats Executives because of quality control issues and although I have enjoyed using them I would not have purchased them if the JBL S700's had been in production/for sale earlier.

Dec 29, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #11 of 53
Dec 29, 2013 at 8:19 PM Post #12 of 53
May 22, 2014 at 2:23 AM Post #13 of 53
Look. I am extremely happy with the S700. Excellent frequency response, barely any distortion.

So as far as the LiveStage feature, I would say it all depends on the type of music your are listening to. Put Zedd's Clarity CD on. The wide electronic soundstage involved matches perfectly with this feature. Some music simply doesn't sound good with that widened aspect provided here.

Like I said, I am extremely happy with the look, feel, and construction of these cans.  Im only 4hrs into the burn-in and I already feel the low end improving. High hopes!

5 stars!!!!!!

Aug 1, 2014 at 7:50 AM Post #14 of 53
Tried it in passive mode. Not impressed for the price to be honest. I thought it was sub $200 headphone. At that price, they are great, comfy, and decent instrumental separation. But at BND 450 (not sure how much some other retailer sales), I would personally go for the AH-D600 or Momentum. There's a hint of bass emphasis and recessed mids. Lastly, the highs are slightly dark. Bass is rather boomy and distorts at sub-bass region. But the pair I tested burn-in period is pretty short I believe.

Oct 24, 2014 at 7:37 PM Post #15 of 53
 I`m new to the site but I have extensive experience with headphones. S700 is extremely well built  and sounds neutral to me. life stage is gimmick, some music sounds lively with it . Jaco`s continuum lack lower 2 octaves but drums sounds nice full and quick.  close comparison with HD770 I prefer JBL though. (that`s only two HP I`ve had around.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back