Jaybird X3 vs Bose Soundsport Wireless
Nov 24, 2016 at 2:27 PM Post #17 of 70
Hello All.
I bought the x3's after seeing someones recommendation that they were on sale at BB for $99. My question is...is it possible to connect the x3's to 2 different smartphones simultaneously? I have 2 iPhone 6's, one personal and one for work that i use everyday and know that the x3's can connect to 2 devices at the same time but i haven't heard if that includes 2 phones at the same time. I'd like to listen to music with my personal iPhone 6 while still being able to receive calls with my work phone.

Has anyone tried this or have any info on it?
Thanks in advance.
ksc75smile.gif

p.s. I forgot to mention that I won't receive the Jaybirds til monday.

Nov 25, 2016 at 8:28 AM Post #18 of 70
My only worry with Jaybirds is the fail rate. Amount of people whose Jaybirds failed in my personal circle is high. They well built and great battery and over-all fitting in ear but i totally depressed with their fail rate.

They say life time warranty, but post 1 failure its only 1 year warranty on the exchanged headphone.

I went for J-lab Epic and I find them sound wise comparable and better in battery life.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:06 AM Post #19 of 70
You should be able to do it. The manual says that it can connect up to eight devices. I haven't tried 2 phones, but I can connect to both my PC and my phone and it switches seamlessly between the 2 whenever I want to switch the source device.

I have a pair of JH Audio 13 Pros and I am just as happy to use my Jaybirds. I have been able to get a great fit with the Comply tips and the rubber wings, and the app really allows you to dial in the sound that you want.

Also, the bluetooth connection has been rock solid for me, even outdoors. The connection has never dropped once while out on a bike ride or run.

I paid full price for these, and highly recommend them. If you can get them for $99, they are an absolute steal.

Nov 26, 2016 at 5:56 PM Post #20 of 70
  You should be able to do it. The manual says that it can connect up to eight devices. I haven't tried 2 phones, but I can connect to both my PC and my phone and it switches seamlessly between the 2 whenever I want to switch the source device.

I have a pair of JH Audio 13 Pros and I am just as happy to use my Jaybirds. I have been able to get a great fit with the Comply tips and the rubber wings, and the app really allows you to dial in the sound that you want.

Also, the bluetooth connection has been rock solid for me, even outdoors. The connection has never dropped once while out on a bike ride or run.

I paid full price for these, and highly recommend them. If you can get them for $99, they are an absolute steal.

Just to follow up...got my X3's early. They were supposed to come Monday but showed up today...woohoo!
I am testing now and it seems that I CAN, in fact, pair and use with 2 iPhones at the same time...listen to music on one and accept calls with the other. This really makes me happy! 
ksc75smile.gif

BTW, I'm quite pleased with the sound of these too. For BT earphones, these are very impressive and the Jaybird app makes the customizing/EQing of the sound pretty comprehensive. I'm using the included Comply tips so the fit is perfect. I think I'll play around with the included wings and see if I really need them or not...never used IEM's with wings b4. 

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:05 PM Post #21 of 70

Just to follow up...got my X3's early. They were supposed to come Monday but showed up today...woohoo!
I am testing now and it seems that I CAN, in fact, pair and use with 2 iPhones at the same time...listen to music on one and accept calls with the other. This really makes me happy! 
ksc75smile.gif

BTW, I'm quite pleased with the sound of these too. For BT earphones, these are very impressive and the Jaybird app makes the customizing/EQing of the sound pretty comprehensive. I'm using the included Comply tips so the fit is perfect. I think I'll play around with the included wings and see if I really need them or not...never used IEM's with wings b4. 

I took them on my flights to and from Thanksgiving this year. I like them quite a bit, as they sound better than some of my cabled IEMs, granted, the under $100 ones. I think I have the EQ just where I want it to be now.

Nov 26, 2016 at 6:12 PM Post #22 of 70

I took them on my flights to and from Thanksgiving this year. I like them quite a bit, as they sound better than some of my cabled IEMs, granted, the under $100 ones. I think I have the EQ just where I want it to be now.

Yeah, I think these might become my new, on-the-go, go-to choice while working (outdoors) and exercising. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:24 PM Post #23 of 70
I have the unfortunate situation of finding this after the $99 price is gone for the Jaybird x3's.  Any ideas on where to find them close to this price or am I just stuck with full price now?

I wasn't looking for bluetooth headphones at the time and now I am.

Dec 7, 2016 at 2:41 PM Post #24 of 70
  I have the unfortunate situation of finding this after the $99 price is gone for the Jaybird x3's.  Any ideas on where to find them close to this price or am I just stuck with full price now?

I wasn't looking for bluetooth headphones at the time and now I am.

If it makes you feel any better, the retail price of $130 is still pretty good for what you get. I wouldn't let that $30 change my purchase decision. 

Dec 7, 2016 at 8:57 PM Post #25 of 70

Well, just to disappoint you a bit more, I also found the Jaybird Freedoms at Walmart for $99 too a week ago, which seems to be an even better deal since the normal retail for them is even more than the x3's That sale lasted even less time than the BB $99 x3 sale but I ordered a set of those too and am now just waiting for delivery. 
Sorry 
cool.gif

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #26 of 70

Well, just to disappoint you a bit more, I also found the Jaybird Freedoms at Walmart for $99 too a week ago, which seems to be an even better deal since the normal retail for them is even more than the x3's That sale lasted even less time than the BB $99 x3 sale but I ordered a set of those too and am now just waiting for delivery. 
Sorry 
cool.gif

Anyone know how the BOHM sports bluetooth headphones compare with the Jaybird x3's?

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #27 of 70
Hey! Can you give me more info on the call quality? I like to be able to listen to music and talk on the phone through my headphones. I've never had issues hearing people but they've had trouble hearing me, depending on my headphones, so I'm very curious how the microphone picks up your voice. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:26 PM Post #28 of 70

ksc75smile.gif

Hey! Can you give me more info on the call quality? I like to be able to listen to music and talk on the phone through my headphones. I've never had issues hearing people but they've had trouble hearing me, depending on my headphones, so I'm very curious how the microphone picks up your voice. 

Dec 14, 2016 at 3:50 PM Post #29 of 70

Call quality is excellent from my experience. On both the x3 and the Freedoms.
As long as the mic is facing up and not facing your neck/head, calls are very clear. The only issues I've had is with wind noise while outdoors but other than that, no issues.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back