Ipod classic - rockbox - its happening.
Mar 11, 2017 at 4:35 AM Post #3,617 of 3,645

Does this work with the latest iPod Classic 7th Gen 160 GB thin?? Thanks

Works perfectly for me, on '6th' and '7th' and '7.5' gens (ipod naming terminology really is a mess!). Let's hope it gets finalised and incorporated into an official rockbox bootloader release at some point.

Its not working for me, 7.5 Gen- Not building database and commiting. Also freezing and showing the rockbox splash screen.... :frowning2: Please help me fix mine

Mar 16, 2017 at 1:33 PM Post #3,618 of 3,645
Hi Guys. Please help me. I was wondering how I can view all the albums under one Artist without putting the songs in Alphabetical order mixing the songs around, I like to view all the songs in the order that they appear in an individual album but showing more than one album for a particular Artist. Is there a plugin or fix to install onto my current Rockbox configuration?? I have the most stable version of Rockbox for the iPod Video 5.5 gen. I think it's 3.15 or something

Apr 5, 2017 at 1:28 AM Post #3,619 of 3,645
Is this thread dying already :frowning2: :frowning2: It's been so long since someone has posted stuff on here. I still find iPod Classic is not meant to have Rockbox on it, it keeps freezing and is so unstable! I always have to reset the iPod all the time to unfreeze. Hoping for a great daily build of Rockbox to sort out these issues. Has anyone got a recommended build I can try to solve the common issues??? Feedback and insight will be much appreciated!! All have a great day :) Peace!

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:19 AM Post #3,620 of 3,645
Is this thread dying already :frowning2: :frowning2: It's been so long since someone has posted stuff on here. I still find iPod Classic is not meant to have Rockbox on it, it keeps freezing and is so unstable! I always have to reset the iPod all the time to unfreeze. Hoping for a great daily build of Rockbox to sort out these issues. Has anyone got a recommended build I can try to solve the common issues??? Feedback and insight will be much appreciated!! All have a great day :) Peace!

Crashes and inability to build a database is pretty common with SD card adapters. Aren't you using one? If so, try sticking to the file browser. It is much less sensitive to disk corruption.

May 20, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #3,624 of 3,645
I installed rockbox on my 7th gen iPod classic last night twice. Both times now, iTunes cannot recognize my iPod anymore. It keeps asking me to recover my iPod. Is there a way to actually and fully dual boot iTunes and rockbox together on the 6th and 7th gen iPods?

May 21, 2017 at 1:37 AM Post #3,626 of 3,645
I have the same problem. I think dual booting Rockbox and the original Apple firmware is only stable on the iPod 5th Gens
Yeah, my 5.5gen does work well with Rockbox, it sucks that the 7th gens don't work so well.

May 21, 2017 at 2:41 PM Post #3,628 of 3,645
Dual booting works fine on the 6/7g. What problem did you have?
After I do the install, the apple firmware won't recognize my iPod as functional. It keeps telling me I have to recover my iPod for it to work.

May 21, 2017 at 4:21 PM Post #3,629 of 3,645
Dual booting works fine on the 6/7g. What problem did you have?
Dual boot on my 1tb 7th Gen will work at first. But after say the 4th or 5th time booting up the original firmware, my iPod gets stuck on the Apple logo, and I have to do an iTunes restore. Switching back and forth between firmwares eventually corrupts my iPod. I don't have this problem with the 5th Gen.

May 21, 2017 at 4:30 PM Post #3,630 of 3,645
Dual boot on my 1tb 7th Gen will work at first. But after say the 4th or 5th time booting up the original firmware, my iPod gets stuck on the Apple logo, and I have to do an iTunes restore. Switching back and forth between firmwares eventually corrupts my iPod. I don't have this problem with the 5th Gen.
Your install is better than mine. I can get into the apple firmware, but it doesn't log/recognize any of my music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back