iBasso DX80 . . impressions and reviews. . and discussion NEW FW: 1.6.0 ** link . . 1st page . . .
May 30, 2017 at 1:40 PM Post #6,451 of 6,795
If it was not a particular number of batteries problem, but a software problem, the number of affected users would be much more. But there is no an evident that (almost) everybody still experience problems with battery. Let's count!

I don't know how many devices iBasso has been sold, but I know that, at the time of writing this, firmware 1.5.8L0 was downloaded 702 times, and 1.5.8L1 was downloaded 670 times. I don't see neither 1372, nor 702 displeased customers with dead batteries here in the forum, where I announce firmware releases!

I supposed ''thousands'' as confirmed by Paul, but I'm still quite unsure about a swap of battery will solve the issue, I know 3 people who did it and they are still facing these issues after a couple of months. However, Ming from Penon Audio did confirmed that it is related to the usage and that if the owner doesn't use it for a couple of days/weeks (I have 6 daps on a roster) then it shall need a few charging cycles before getting stable again. I wanted to hear such statement from Paul to comfort me but....

I personally think that the charger and USB cable can be crucial as well, it depends on what charger but, sometimes it will take 45min, sometimes 2 hours...I always get the best results if leaving connected for at least 4 hours even if the screen says ''charged''. Does the battery meter shows an accurate level? I really want to find easy solutions instead of spending over $75 to send it back to Hong Kong just for a battery replacement after 6mths of usage (which is a shame)

Last edited:
May 30, 2017 at 2:07 PM Post #6,453 of 6,795
Might the battery issue some users have experienced be a case of overheating or excessively long (over-) charging?

I haven't faced this issue yet (knock on wood), but also have no explanation for it.

May 30, 2017 at 10:06 PM Post #6,455 of 6,795
Tried out the beta firmware and can confirm that the album sort is corrected.
Sound is the same, which is to say excellent. Will keep playing.

May 31, 2017 at 3:52 AM Post #6,456 of 6,795
Did some quick test: playing order seems to be fixed, song counter when off then on works ok.

Still gfx bug in setting screen-> gain, filter , gapless. When you press to change setting, the both backfields of buttons are grey. One should turn black instead. If you exit and enter screen, they're ok.
See attached pics.

Thanks for the beta firmware.

I have the same bug as pholcus1975 with gapless, for me it is a minor issue.

Am very happy to see the play order issue has been resolved (at long last!), for me that was a major problem.

May 31, 2017 at 4:44 AM Post #6,457 of 6,795
Hi Paul,

isn't there a possibility to import all Playlists from a folder? Do I have to import every Playlist manually?
Some imported Playlists are visible, some are not.
I hoped this would be fixed....
Did you improve anything concerning Playlists except sort bug?
I am a little bit disappointed :frowning2:
Or am I the only one with these problems?

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #6,459 of 6,795
Tried out the beta firmware and can confirm that the album sort is corrected.
Sound is the same , which is to say excellent. Will keep playing.

I can hear some nice improvements in the sound quality, the muddiness (cf. 1.5.8) on some warm headphones has gone, I can now enjoy my Audeze and Fidue without the need of amping. I hope that the final release will keep the same improvements. Thanks to Paul for sharing this Beta, the battery life seems to be a little bit better too

Last edited:
May 31, 2017 at 2:46 PM Post #6,460 of 6,795
We have uploaded the DX80 FW 1.6.0 for a regular download now. The bugs noted above will be addressed on the next FW. I have given the information to the software team to work on.

Yes, playlists have to be imported one by one. Actually, we fixed one playlist bug on this firmware. You can add the same song to a playlist multi times. On the previous firmware, if one of this song is deleted, all of them will be removed. On this firmware, if you delete it once, only one will be removed while the others still remain.

iBasso Stay updated on iBasso at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

http://www.ibasso.com/ paul@ibasso.com
May 31, 2017 at 5:13 PM Post #6,464 of 6,795
Just did some listening of Lurker0 1.6.0 LO, and call it placebo or not, I hear the sound crispier than official 1.6.0 (beta). This is the way it should be! Thanks iBasso for support, many thanks Lurker0 for you optimization & fonts work, well done.

To me this is the best sounding fw so far. Now fix the small GUI glitch, and call it definitive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back