Holo Audio Spring R2R DAC
Jul 24, 2017 at 6:20 AM Post #1,396 of 4,063
I have entertained the thought of getting the SU-1.

Then I think, this sounds wonderful through usb IMHO.

I have never had a single drop out using usb and I have listened to a decent amount of DSD

So it is hard for me to spend $400 for the SU-1 for better sound , and it may well be worth it.

I am saving that $400 for another pair of cans, at least that is the plan for now.

Last edited:
Jul 24, 2017 at 9:20 PM Post #1,398 of 4,063

I have never had a single drop out using usb and I have listened to a decent amount of DSD

So it is hard for me to pend $400 for the SU-1 for better sound , and it may well be worth it.

I am saving that $400 for another pair of cans, at least that is the plan for now.

Yes that is the thing. These addons are not cheap at all. Well the good ones that is.
So if Holo Audio could offer an upgraded interface for say $150 or so, that did something similar to addons like the Singxer, then that would be a great affordable upgrade to users.
Currently Uptone devices and others like the Singxer SU-1 are a big investment, plus you have added boxes and cables.

Jul 24, 2017 at 11:27 PM Post #1,401 of 4,063

So it is hard for me to pend $400 for the SU-1 for better sound , and it may well be worth it.

Joe

I have read many good feedbacks for a Schiit Eitr which will not break the bank and which you can return if it didn't do anything good on your system. I've read that only the SU-1 I2S connection is slightly better so it seems to be really good and at 179, it is cheaper than one of my GEC 6AS7G. :L3000:

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2017 at 10:08 PM Post #1,403 of 4,063
@MacedonianHero & @bflat
I upgraded to macOS Sierra 10.12.6 this afternoon and everything seems to be working fine.
Very good advice!
Thanks.

Awesome! Plus the added security features with Sierra, you should be all set! I love it!

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:16 PM Post #1,405 of 4,063
Now I can download the Audirvana 3 trial and compare it to JRiver and Roon.
I did it because I went to download the Tidal trial today so I could use it with Roon and couldn't, so I just went for it!!! :beerchug:

I prefer it to JRiver...but Roon is something altogether different (and a bit more pricier). I'm still debating on whether to get Roon.

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:57 PM Post #1,408 of 4,063
Anyone tried up-sampling to DSD256 and DSD512? I tried and got some stuttering. Both with onboard USB and Singxer SU-1 via I2S.

Jul 26, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #1,409 of 4,063
Now I can download the Audirvana 3 trial and compare it to JRiver and Roon.
I did it because I went to download the Tidal trial today so I could use it with Roon and couldn't, so I just went for it!!! :beerchug:
Audirvana works great with Tidal,I believe you get 3 months of Tidal trial when you purchase Audirvana, Don't forget to set settings to Hi Fi in Tidal for Playback so you get the Hi Res files..

Jul 26, 2017 at 1:25 PM Post #1,410 of 4,063
Audirvana works great with Tidal,I believe you get 3 months of Tidal trial when you purchase Audirvana, Don't forget to set settings to Hi Fi in Tidal for Playback so you get the Hi Res files..
Good to know.
I'm going to wait until my Roon trial expires to try Audirvana or I might just go for Roon, but I really should compare. I've already had to download the "Desktop" trial for Hi-Fi playback because I don't use Google Chrome, so I'm good with that, thanks. I haven't had the chance to use Roon +Tidal yet, what do I have to do to, select something to play via Tidal, and it will play via Roon? I'm asking because I won't have the time to try until later tonight.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back