HiFiMAN HM-801 Player Firmware Debug Thread
Dec 30, 2010 at 2:36 PM Post #436 of 480
I have the same problem with .cue files.  Some .cue files will not navigate properly, I can't skip around in the large file between songs--it will jump to the beginning of the song.  Some other .cue files work fine, but I can't tell what the difference is.

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:52 AM Post #437 of 480
Although a problem with 602, I post here, as perhaps this is an issue with all hifimen´s firmware:

in order to have an SD card seen by the device, I have to insert it while device is on. Switching it on with an SD card already in the slot results in "No file".

Anyone seen this behaviour? (Not dependent on size or make of card.)

Feb 22, 2011 at 3:22 PM Post #438 of 480

Quote:
Although a problem with 602, I post here, as perhaps this is an issue with all hifimen´s firmware:

in order to have an SD card seen by the device, I have to insert it while device is on. Switching it on with an SD card already in the slot results in "No file".

Anyone seen this behaviour? (Not dependent on size or make of card.)

Yes, just started happening to me a few weeks ago.  Its been documented quite a few times on the 601/2 threads.  My concern is that it just started happening rather than out of the box.  Either hardware is failing or FW has become corrupted.

Feb 28, 2011 at 1:33 PM Post #442 of 480
DaveBSC, what level of compression  your APE-rip has? HM-801 can read Fast and Normal, not higher. I believe      if you convert your ape-rip to Normal level of compression your 801 will read it successfully.

Apr 13, 2011 at 1:50 AM Post #443 of 480
I am in the same boat... I just recieved my HM-801 and right out of the gate (box), if i do not reseat the SD card (Patriot or Kingston) the HiFiMAN will not reconize it.  Additionally this was also the case when i had the 602...

UPDATE: i found another Kingston C4 SD Card - and it it does fine, aka with the card in from power off, it initalized at power on without any hassle....

Apr 21, 2011 at 2:53 PM Post #444 of 480
UPDATE AGAIN:
I procured a Kingston SD4/32GB, which is on the compatibility thread, and low and behold - i have to replug the SD card at power on to have the hifiman recognize the information that is warehoused on it...

There's another $60 in the toilet.. :frowning2:

Apr 21, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #445 of 480
You may have a defective unit, i have never had that problem and that is the exact card i used.  Another thing, did you get the card from Amazon because i have also heard there are bootleg cards out there.  I also use a 8gb sdch card and have never had a problem with it but I know the design is for the Kingstons.  Very strange that it isn't working for you.  I can basically either keep them in and they recognize at power up when i go to that choice or i can take them in and out while on and go straight to them.

Apr 24, 2011 at 3:35 PM Post #447 of 480
Hey, i just downloaded 3 of the new Chesky binaural tracks from HD tracks.
I downloaded one of each format as i wasn't sure which would play on the HM-801, but suprisingly, none of them play!...
confused_face(1).gif

Has anyone else got these tracks to work?-Even the 16 bit version didn't work, but that is an 'aiff' file, (the other 2 are flac).
I did get the 16 bit to play by converting it to mp3 in itunes, but that doesn't seem good.

Why don't the 24bit tracks play?-I thought they were supported?-It just freezes and then resets.

I've not had any other problems with playback until this. (Using Kingston class 4)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back