HELP finding remote control amplifier for Fiio x3 ii
May 15, 2017 at 10:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Nick2468

New Head-Fier
I am looking to connect my fiio x3 ii to a amplifier that will allow me to control the DAC mp3 player with a remote control to play music through my speakers. The fiio has usb otg support and a line out, but no bluetooth. I love the EQ presets of the fiio, so I want an amp that will allow the fiio to be the host and not alter the sound. The speakers I have are solid not spectacular, altec lansing ACS 45 and Altec Lansing ACS 295 compute speakers, which take a 3.5 mm 1/8 input.

My understanding is that I need an amp with an analog stereo input, and that the fiio line out will control the EQ, not the amp. The amp needs to be OTG supported. Is this correct? Would I use 3.5 mm to RCA to connect the fiio to the amp, or just a 3.5 mm cord?

My budget is under $250, preferably $150.

Possible matches from my research:
-Topping TP 32EX
-Sabaj A2
--Nobsound Mini Digital Power Amplifier XMOS DAC HiFi Headphone Amp USB/OPT/COAX/AUX
- Teac Al-101DA-B

May 15, 2017 at 11:53 PM Post #3 of 8
I am looking to connect my fiio x3 ii to a amplifier that will allow me to control the DAC mp3 player with a remote control to play music through my speakers. The fiio has usb otg support and a line out, but no bluetooth. I love the EQ presets of the fiio, so I want an amp that will allow the fiio to be the host and not alter the sound. The speakers I have are solid not spectacular, altec lansing ACS 45 and Altec Lansing ACS 295 compute speakers, which take a 3.5 mm 1/8 input.

My understanding is that I need an amp with an analog stereo input, and that the fiio line out will control the EQ, not the amp. The amp needs to be OTG supported. Is this correct? Would I use 3.5 mm to RCA to connect the fiio to the amp, or just a 3.5 mm cord?

My budget is under $250, preferably $150.

Possible matches from my research:
-Topping TP 32EX
-Sabaj A2
--Nobsound Mini Digital Power Amplifier XMOS DAC HiFi Headphone Amp USB/OPT/COAX/AUX
- Teac Al-101DA-B

There are a number of problems here.

1. If you're using the analog stereo input of the amp, then you'll use the analogue line out from the Fiio. I can't see how OTG support for the amp factors in when you'll use analogue transmission, not USB digital.

2. Your speakers are powered speakers. They already have an amplifier built into them. Those amps output an amplified speaker signal. All you need is a line out, which the Fiio already has.

3. You can get a remote to control the volume of the amp, but you won't get playback controls on the Fiio, unless using USB OTG on the amp allows for remote control commands to go back up to the Fiio.

May 16, 2017 at 8:47 PM Post #5 of 8
There are a number of problems here.

1. If you're using the analog stereo input of the amp, then you'll use the analogue line out from the Fiio. I can't see how OTG support for the amp factors in when you'll use analogue transmission, not USB digital.

2. Your speakers are powered speakers. They already have an amplifier built into them. Those amps output an amplified speaker signal. All you need is a line out, which the Fiio already has.

3. You can get a remote to control the volume of the amp, but you won't get playback controls on the Fiio, unless using USB OTG on the amp allows for remote control commands to go back up to the Fiio.
Was

May 17, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #7 of 8
Is there a solution to question 3
You're going to have to be more articulate and specific here.

In response to the statement: "You can get a remote to control the volume of the amp, but you won't get playback controls on the Fiio, unless using USB OTG on the amp allows for remote control commands to go back up to the Fiio."

Is there a specific battery controlled USB Otg Compatible amp that would allow me to control the fiio with the amp remote?

The issue is that my music collection is organized by what fiio x3 ii preset sounds the best. I could buy a x7 and use the fiio rm1 remote to control the x7, but it has a different dac than the x3 ii, so the time spent organizing the tracks would be wasted.

May 20, 2017 at 11:31 PM Post #8 of 8
Is there a specific battery controlled USB Otg Compatible amp that would allow me to control the fiio with the amp remote?

None that I know of.

The issue is that my music collection is organized by what fiio x3 ii preset sounds the best. I could buy a x7 and use the fiio rm1 remote to control the x7, but it has a different dac than the x3 ii, so the time spent organizing the tracks would be wasted.

I'm not sure I follow here - the DAC doesn't affect file organization. It just converts Digital audio into an Analogue signal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back