Headamp Pico Power Impressions Thread
Feb 20, 2015 at 9:01 AM Post #391 of 437
This is very true I guess we live in a civilization where everyone is looking for someone that "kinda"does what it should do than about do what it should do. And those daps that do what they are supposed to do cost a good amount and people don't wanna pay if they can get away with cheap gear. it drives me crazy. And the problem is there are suppliers for these cheap gear to these people who are looking for it. It's nuts.

I will always buy good brand name amps and dacs and Daps and everything else because it's all in the detail.

Headamp makes some great amps and that can't be refuted.

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:17 AM Post #393 of 437
I am a big fan of Pico, have owned both Pico DAC/AMP and Pico Power. What I like about Pico is 1. Clear background 2. Crystal sound 3. Nice control on iem 4. Drive my HD600 perfect 5. Perfect size with my players 6. Really portable 7. Nice leather case

Apr 2, 2015 at 7:34 AM Post #395 of 437
I listen to classical music and most of them are historical recordings, which recorded in 1930s to 1950s in mono, ie, Furtwangler's. You really don't wanna more noise from amp. That's why clear background is extremely important to me. Pico amp does well on this, probably the best amp in term of clear background. And as a classical fan, I like the original true sound instead of those too much decorated fake sound. One more reason a classical fans should choose Pico is that it provides very crystal sound on piano.

Apr 3, 2015 at 12:08 PM Post #396 of 437
I am also using the Pico Power with the X5 - great synergy with the HE-400s. Neutral across the entire range, non existent noise floor, powerful enough to drive difficult loads. Two thumbs way up!

Sometimes a little too much "synergy". :smile:

Apr 9, 2015 at 1:47 AM Post #398 of 437
Me too. I use the Hugo mostly but when using the CLAS with my iPod classic I always use the Pico Power. it is part of my backup rig that gets use often and never disappoints.

Jun 19, 2015 at 1:01 AM Post #399 of 437
I am getting a pair of iem's with very low impedance. Does anyone know what the output impedance of the pico power is?? I know the regular pico is below one ohm. Justin, feel free if you see this post.
wink_face.gif

Jul 7, 2015 at 10:47 AM Post #402 of 437
Bass: The PP tames the slightly bloomy bass of the TH900 while retaining the bass slam. Very punchy sounding amp. Bass extension suffers slightly, and it has a noticeably shorter bass decay than the Portaphile. Still- clean, powerful, and controlled bass from the TH900's, without a lot of the "bloom" is quite nice.
("Softly as a Morning Sunrise" from Hiromi's Sonicbloom)

so if i am listening to J-pop with very fast bass, should i go with Portaphile? or?

Jul 30, 2015 at 8:26 PM Post #404 of 437
  Laser engraving a new batch of Pico Power boxes today

i am so hungry for a new portable amp "Flagship", like for real :p yet this time with better mids and bigger sound stage, also if the bass decay would improve that would be nice, cause in that area sadly its losing to the portaphile 627, 

if the new Pico Portable flagship will improve the above point, it will be #1 for any user <3  i think it should be something worth 1000$-1200$ and the big bro of the pico power

but god knows if that day will come or not :<  

hope to see this dream be a reality one day. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back