Guitar-fi anyone?
Dec 14, 2016 at 6:24 PM Post #751 of 833
  My Ibanez SA Series.
I love the dark purple!

Very nice! A fellow lefty
biggrin.gif

I learned guitar right handed however. When making the decision I decided if Mark Knopfler can do it, so can I.

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #752 of 833

Very nice! A fellow lefty
biggrin.gif

I learned guitar right handed however. When making the decision I decided if Mark Knopfler can do it, so can I.

Yeah a lefty, well spotted. :D

However, I regret to not have learned many things the way a right handed person would do it, e.g Guitar, Mouse... etc. 
So many products available, but dare trying to find something tailormade for lefties, we are so limited in our options, it's just sad.  

Dec 14, 2016 at 6:35 PM Post #753 of 833
Yeah that's one of the reasons I learned guitar righty, just like being an audiophool, I knew I'd get gear lust and lefty gear is not at all easy to find :frowning2:

Mar 29, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #755 of 833
Just got this new Epi ES-335 Pro in January.  I love the action of this thing.

Apr 14, 2017 at 6:55 PM Post #757 of 833
A little Friday treat for the Brother Pluckers out here
biggrin.gif

beerchug.gif

Aug 30, 2017 at 1:45 AM Post #759 of 833
Hello everyone. There are some nice instruments and gear posted in this thread and i've enjoyed reading it.
Sorry about the necrobump but i've been a member only a few weeks and have been into guitars much longer than headphones. I just thought I might post my newest acquisition.

A little backstory about how this guitar made it into my possession:
The wife gave me her 94 PRS CE22 since she stopped playing it after I had her a custom built a few years back.
I could never bond with the PRS and had several guitars already so it just sat around not getting played.
Rather than have a nice guitar sitting around unplayed, I started thinking about selling it and buying something else that would get some play time. I found a guitar that I wanted locally but the seller was sketchy and the whole deal felt wrong somehow. I went home a bit bummed out and decided to look for something else and go ahead and make a listing to sell the PRS. As it turns out, this was a blessing in disguise, possibly even fate. I had always wanted an EBMM but have quite a few other nice guitars so I could never justify the cost to purchase one.
Ten minutes before I got home from this botched transaction, somebody posted an ad looking for a PRS CE or Custom 22/24 and had an Axis Super Sport that he was willing to trade for it. As the saying goes, the rest is history.

IMG_1005.JPG

Nov 9, 2017 at 10:02 PM Post #761 of 833
Hello everyone. There are some nice instruments and gear posted in this thread and i've enjoyed reading it.
Sorry about the necrobump but i've been a member only a few weeks and have been into guitars much longer than headphones. I just thought I might post my newest acquisition.

A little backstory about how this guitar made it into my possession:
The wife gave me her 94 PRS CE22 since she stopped playing it after I had her a custom built a few years back.
I could never bond with the PRS and had several guitars already so it just sat around not getting played.
Rather than have a nice guitar sitting around unplayed, I started thinking about selling it and buying something else that would get some play time. I found a guitar that I wanted locally but the seller was sketchy and the whole deal felt wrong somehow. I went home a bit bummed out and decided to look for something else and go ahead and make a listing to sell the PRS. As it turns out, this was a blessing in disguise, possibly even fate. I had always wanted an EBMM but have quite a few other nice guitars so I could never justify the cost to purchase one.
Ten minutes before I got home from this botched transaction, somebody posted an ad looking for a PRS CE or Custom 22/24 and had an Axis Super Sport that he was willing to trade for it. As the saying goes, the rest is history.

Wow, gorgeous guitar there.

Feb 12, 2018 at 2:41 AM Post #764 of 833
Blueberry

DSC_0107.jpg

Feb 12, 2018 at 3:26 PM Post #765 of 833
Bass player, here. My simple setup is a Modulus Genesis 5, pre-war Juzek plywood with a Kay Bass neck, and (very rarely) an Ibanez SR810 that's been defretted. It all goes through an Acoustic Image Contra and an ancient Carvin 2x10 that I got used from Guitar Center around 2001 (if anybody from the DC area remembers Sev, apparently the bassist from that band used it). I don't have any pictures of them right now. Maybe I can scare some up in a month or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back