Forza AudioWorks Impressions Thread
Apr 10, 2017 at 7:45 AM Post #1,546 of 4,764

The logo on Noir or Noir Hybrids is always on the side of Viablue logo so it is all good here. Sometimes it is on the same side as the splitter logo and sometimes not, but it all depends on the cable position during braiding and splitter assembly. It simply looks better for us when the logo is on the same side as Viablue logo (it gives some coherence), but of course some of you may disagree - it is just a matter of aestethics :wink:

I assumed it was on upside down as the FAW heatshrink tubings logo was on the same side as the ViaBlue logo. That's been put on the wrong way around then?

Apr 10, 2017 at 7:47 AM Post #1,547 of 4,764

I assumed it was on upside down as the FAW heatshrink tubings logo was on the same side as the ViaBlue logo. That's been put on the wrong way around then?

There is no mistake there, the FAW logo is on the same side as Viablue logo (the screwless side).

Forza AudioWorks Stay updated on Forza AudioWorks at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://forzaaudioworks.com/en
Apr 11, 2017 at 1:59 PM Post #1,548 of 4,764
Just received a Forza Audioworks lightening-CCK to micro USB cable, to hook up my phone to my Mojo. Arrived in a few weeks, from Poland to NZ.

Way handier to cart around than the iPhone camera cable with USB-micro USB monstrosity! I use Onkyo's relatively cheap ($15 NZD) HF player app to load FLAC files on the iPhone, and EQ the outgoing digital signal to make up for the relatively light bass on the Mojo. With this cable, it all sounds quite tasty for a portable set-up :)

P.S. I know Miter make iPhone 6/7 + Mojo cases, but if anyone knows of a iPhone SE/5 size case to connect with a Mojo, please let me know

Hi someyoungguy where did you get the micro USB to micro USB cable attached to the mojo. Thanks :)

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Apr 11, 2017 at 4:27 PM Post #1,549 of 4,764
Hi someyoungguy where did you get the micro USB to micro USB cable attached to the mojo. Thanks
smily_headphones1.gif

Sent from my Redmi Note 4 using Tapatalk

Hi there domho7 - no, it's not a micro to micro, it's micro to lightening (the iPhone connection). But it's from Forza Audioworks and if you give them an email I'm sure they'd make a micro-micro for you.

Apr 12, 2017 at 7:19 PM Post #1,552 of 4,764
Just want to chime in and say that my own experience with @Matez has always been (and remains) consistently positive. His communication is gratifyingly quick, and FAW's turnaround time from order placement to product mailing continues to impress me. That FAW has managed to distinguish itself in the latter respect, despite the weeks of shipping involved between Poland and the USA, is a testament to its diligence. I've yet to experience any "serious" delay thus far. And the workmanship on every cable received has been wholly satisfactory.

If this blurb strikes anybody as just so much fulsome praise, well, I'm afraid that can't be helped. Negative experiences are undoubtedly regrettable and should be aired. But none of mine have been. It seemed appropriate to point that out in context of some of unhappy remarks made on previous pages.

Apr 13, 2017 at 2:23 AM Post #1,553 of 4,764
Does anyone know if they also repair/upgrade cables?

The left (rubber) part leading to the ear (of my stock HD800 cable) started splitting, and eventually the sound was killed (very distorted, very low volume).
Other than that part of the cable, everything is still intact.

Apr 13, 2017 at 7:32 AM Post #1,554 of 4,764
I'm impressed they shipped my cable on April 11th and I got it today April 13..Poland - Italy
Actually it sounds just better, for example HD600 sound even more detailed.. Impressive cable!

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:16 PM Post #1,556 of 4,764
I’ve a newbie question, both rca terminals are black, one has a green gear instead of the all white ones  of the other 2nd rca, is that the one to plug inside the red RCA?

Apr 14, 2017 at 2:19 PM Post #1,558 of 4,764
thank you :)

Apr 16, 2017 at 8:27 AM Post #1,560 of 4,764
"We strongly recommend using battery based power supply in order to fully benefit from the cable design", http://forzaaudioworks.com/en/product.php?id_product=46

Does this mean that the benefit of separating power and signal lines (with this FAW USB cable or iFi Gemini cable) is only apparent with battery powered devices and not relevant for AC powered devices?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back