Focal Sphear earphones
Mar 4, 2017 at 6:13 PM Post #121 of 166
I just ordered a pair from Wiredforless. A jump in the dark as I could not audition them before buying...
They are going to be my commuting earphones replacing the Onkyo E700 M which were just hit by a trolley pushed on my earphones by a flight attendant during a flight.

Mar 5, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #122 of 166
I just ordered a pair from Wiredforless. A jump in the dark as I could not audition them before buying...
They are going to be my commuting earphones replacing the Onkyo E700 M which were just hit by a trolley pushed on my earphones by a flight attendant during a flight.

Did you ask for compensation from this careless and rude flight attendant? Normally the flight company is obligated to compensate you for this damage that they caused since it is 100% their responsibility...

Mar 5, 2017 at 3:42 PM Post #123 of 166

I still enjoy the Sphear, they offer a very nice signature. But they are not very isolating so may be only OK on planes in that regard.

Mar 7, 2017 at 12:42 AM Post #124 of 166
Did you ask for compensation from this careless and rude flight attendant? Normally the flight company is obligated to compensate you for this damage that they caused since it is 100% their responsibility...

Sure I did, they are going to reimburse me but not sure if the full price or with some "devaluation"...

Mar 9, 2017 at 5:26 AM Post #128 of 166
Indeed, but Focal still ups Beats in build quality by a football field.

Don't be so sure with the new Beats/Apple W1 line. Time will tell but be aware that focal has very poor build quality, judging from my Spirit pro headphones which got broken on the headband on the 90% of users worldwide! Check the forums here in headfi and see for yourself. Focal and build quality just don't match together. On the other hand Beats' new line together with Apple at least can offer a very acceptable audio quality, without flaws and some awesome new wireless technology that Focal cannot even imagine for the time being...

Mar 14, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #129 of 166
Arrived today and I am enjoying them already out of the box.
The signature is what I expected after reading reviews and comments. 
I would have expected a bit more bass but indeed it's very tight and precise, not at all muddy as I read from one of the first impressions in this thread. Just not super punchy, an "educated" bass.

Thank God the match with my HTC10 phone is great. Funny enough I tried them with the Chord Mojo and I was not excited, somehow the sound was too analytical.
Many Mojo fans will tell me I'm crazy, but I am reporting personal impressions.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:07 PM Post #130 of 166
I suspected that the limited punch could have been caused by a not perfect fit of the tips in my ears so I just tried using the silicone tips from my old earphones and... boom!
Perfect fit and big improvement in the sound!
I can't believe it!

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:17 PM Post #131 of 166
Don't be so sure with the new Beats/Apple W1 line. Time will tell but be aware that focal has very poor build quality, judging from my Spirit pro headphones which got broken on the headband on the 90% of users worldwide! Check the forums here in headfi and see for yourself. Focal and build quality just don't match together. On the other hand Beats' new line together with Apple at least can offer a very acceptable audio quality, without flaws and some awesome new wireless technology that Focal cannot even imagine for the time being...

Aree on build quality sadly. Had three pairs of Spirit Classic. The headband on each of them cracked after 6 months.Focal should have withdrawn from sale and reengineered them.

Simply superb sound deplorable build integrity. So disappointing

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:23 PM Post #132 of 166
I'll add to that. I actually started this thread (my previous incarnation) with the full and eager intention of getting a pair of Shpears. I now wouldn't give them the time of day on point of principle.

Mar 14, 2017 at 1:39 PM Post #133 of 166
Arrived today and I am enjoying them already out of the box.
The signature is what I expected after reading reviews and comments. 
I would have expected a bit more bass but indeed it's very tight and precise, not at all muddy as I read from one of the first impressions in this thread. Just not super punchy, an "educated" bass.

Thank God the match with my HTC10 phone is great. Funny enough I tried them with the Chord Mojo and I was not excited, somehow the sound was too analytical.
Many Mojo fans will tell me I'm crazy, but I am reporting personal impressions.

Nothing crazy about that. Not everything sound great through Mojo. The Focal Spirit Classic did, sounded spectacular in fact but that's water under the bridge!

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:25 PM Post #134 of 166
Aree on build quality sadly. Had three pairs of Spirit Classic. The headband on each of them cracked after 6 months.Focal should have withdrawn from sale and reengineered them.

Simply superb sound deplorable build integrity. So disappointing

Superb sound indeed on Spirit Pro as well! It's really a pity that they cannot build a headphone properly. How others can manufacture audio products like tanks and Focal cannot, is really beyond me. So much attention on sound perfection and so awful/cheapy plastic exterior quality...The material used for the headband and the rest outer parts, if you look at it carefully, resembles a lot to the one used on baby toys sold in super markets:)) What can I say??? French...

Mar 14, 2017 at 2:32 PM Post #135 of 166
I'll add to that. I actually started this thread (my previous incarnation) with the full and eager intention of getting a pair of Shpears. I now wouldn't give them the time of day on point of principle.

What do you mean by "I wouldn't give them the time of day on point of principle"? Sorry but English is not my native language...Do you still like them or not? Are they built better than their headphones??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back