Focal Elear and Utopia Review / Preview With Measurements - Head-Fi TV
May 2, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #5,177 of 5,632
TBH MSRP don't really mean anything. There are actually a lot of places offer a much lower price than MSRP for Utopia. Seriously a lot of them (much more than you know). And in fact, more are selling lowering than msrp than those who are actually selling at msrp.......This is the cold hard truth that I learned after buying from a local dealer at MSRP, and many friends of mine got them at much lower price. (though I got mine earlier, and they got them almost Christmas)

Last edited:
May 2, 2017 at 8:00 AM Post #5,179 of 5,632
TBH MSRP don't really mean anything. There are actually a lot of places offer a much lower price than MSRP for Utopia. Seriously a lot of them (much more than you know). And in fact, more are selling lowering than msrp than those who are actually selling at msrp.......This is the cold hard truth that I learned after buying from a local dealer at MSRP, and many friends of mine got them at much lower price. (though I got mine earlier, and they got them almost Christmas)

May 2, 2017 at 11:05 AM Post #5,181 of 5,632
So to be blunt, what is the lowest price anyone has been able to get for a brand new Utopia and why be secretive about who is selling way below MSRP?? Everyone wants a good deal, right!

Again, it is the dealer will to sell it below MSRP and if it is not authorized by Focal, there is a good chance that Focal will kick them out of the distribution system (means they no longer have their hand on Focal products). So, if you want "a deal", then you talk to your dealer, work out a number with them, and then buy it. It is similar to buying any brand new car, you can have a good deal on this same car, but doesn't mean tomorrow they will sell you another one at that price which is not MSRP, but it is always good to fall back on your existed deal to know a good flexible number where the dealer will work it out with you.

In a general conclusion, people or buyer keep it secretive for the courtesy of their dealers. Otherwise, all dealers would be outright advertising lower pricing to compete one another and sooner or later the whole system collapse....economy 101

May 2, 2017 at 11:14 AM Post #5,182 of 5,632
So to be blunt, what is the lowest price anyone has been able to get for a brand new Utopia and why be secretive about who is selling way below MSRP?? Everyone wants a good deal, right!
Again, it is the dealer will to sell it below MSRP and if it is not authorized by Focal, there is a good chance that Focal will kick them out of the distribution system (means they no longer have their hand on Focal products). So, if you want "a deal", then you talk to your dealer, work out a number with them, and then buy it. It is similar to buying any brand new car, you can have a good deal on this same car, but doesn't mean tomorrow they will sell you another one at that price which is not MSRP, but it is always good to fall back on your existed deal to know a good flexible number where the dealer will work it out with you.

In a general conclusion, people or buyer keep it secretive for the courtesy of their dealers. Otherwise, all dealers would be outright advertising lower pricing to compete one another and sooner or later the whole system collapse....economy 101

May 4, 2017 at 2:24 AM Post #5,185 of 5,632
Has anyone used wywire platinum on the utopia's...please share your impressions.
Thanks

Meh at best...not to offend anyone with one or have good experience with one or to say it is a bad cable, but for me, the cable is just so-so. I have burned them in for >100 hours and tried them out for a few weeks but I have almost zero use time with this cable for the past 5 months so perhaps it's time to dust it off and give it another go with what I already have or else will put them up for sale. YMMV of course ...please don't hurt me

May 4, 2017 at 8:35 AM Post #5,187 of 5,632
I have been using Kimber Axios copper for the past few months and have been very happy. I will be receiving the Hybrid copper/silver version on Friday for use with the 1Z Walkman. Looking forward to it - I have big expectations.

When I was at CanJam NY I had a long conversation with the Focal people. When the topic of third party cables came up the first and only reply was Kimber Axios. Nothing better than getting it straight from the horses mouth.

I spoke directly with Kimber (and bought via TSAV) - the Copper/Silver Hybrid I am buying is interesting. It is not silver plated but rather 8 pure silver strands interwoven with 8 copper strands.

Last edited:
May 11, 2017 at 7:39 PM Post #5,189 of 5,632
I have been using Kimber Axios copper for the past few months and have been very happy. I will be receiving the Hybrid copper/silver version on Friday for use with the 1Z Walkman. Looking forward to it - I have big expectations.

When I was at CanJam NY I had a long conversation with the Focal people. When the topic of third party cables came up the first and only reply was Kimber Axios. Nothing better than getting it straight from the horses mouth.

I spoke directly with Kimber (and bought via TSAV) - the Copper/Silver Hybrid I am buying is interesting. It is not silver plated but rather 8 pure silver strands interwoven with 8 copper strands.

What is TSAV. Were can I buy this cable for the Utopias?

May 11, 2017 at 7:54 PM Post #5,190 of 5,632
Last edited:
The Source AV TSAVJason Stay updated on The Source AV at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com./pages/The-Source-AV-Design-Group/153623164648713 http://www.twitter.com/TheSourceAV http://www.instagram.com/Thesourceavdesign http://thesourceav.com/ Products@TheSourceAV.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back