Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
Jan 12, 2017 at 2:42 AM Post #3,031 of 3,098
Anyone has a broken set of the drivers? even just broken replaced driver ? I actually bought fa stainless set

Jan 12, 2017 at 3:10 AM Post #3,032 of 3,098
  I've just discovered how tuneable the R2As are. Since I got them shelled I've been grabbing the tops of them to twist into my ears so they sit and seal correctly. Over time I've lost bass and wondered if it was my hearing or the Flares just deteriorating. I also noticed that bass balance had drifted towards my left ear.

Before putting them in tonight I had a look at them and saw that the gap between the cap and the body was much smaller on the right side than the left side. Thinking back to a post made by James444 a while ago I matched the gaps by unscrewing the right hand cap. Voila! Bass is back in a big way. What has been happening is that by rotating the iems slightly in my right ear to get a good seal I have been gradually been tightening the right hand cap - and therefore reducing the bass!

With the shells in my ears I can unwind or wind up the caps in situ and therefore tune the bass to my liking. Well done Flare on having an inifnitely tuneable iem. Makes the dial on the IE80 look very primitive indeed

Not sure if that was their original intent, but it does work
biggrin.gif

Yes it does, just be careful not to lose that cap. That's the reason why I recommend putting that DIY-washer inside, to retain thread friction as you unwind the cap.

Jan 13, 2017 at 11:57 AM Post #3,033 of 3,098
anyone has a broken set? I just need one flare dd, someone perhaps has a broken set they don't need

Just got r2s here's review
[VIDEO]https://youtu.be/XaLScQUxMj0[/VIDEO]

I am probably the last person to buy these haha, and the thread is quiet, I bought r2s and it's crispiest iem that I bought. Not sure why the thread is quiet. Is there something I didn't realise? Seems to sound better with foam tips and I have plenty of those from other iems I bought. I perhaps replace cable, the plastic thing at jack that looks like aleviation thing already cracked on second day. Sounds a bit veiled, on balanced it's always crisper. just waiting for connectors. And the metal klunk starting to bother me. Besides looking good I can't figure out the function of it. It's the heaviest part of the iem lol. I don't wear it over so no point of it except to wear over lol

Jan 22, 2017 at 5:19 PM Post #3,035 of 3,098
Ok, I unscrewed cap from one iem how much do I screw it back it? The booklet instructs only finger tight how much is it? I removed filters from pm4 silver dampened filter and cut a round double sticky thing donut to glue filter on the r2s, it was coming away when taking iem off. It just makes everything better. Better than tea bag mod I suppose. These r2s are the crispiest mofos out der.

Feb 11, 2017 at 9:14 AM Post #3,037 of 3,098
Does anyone know where can I buy a new cable for the R2 pro, I broke the it again with 4 months! :frowning2:
But Flare are not selling the replacement cable on amazon uk anymore, either the official website!

ye seems discontinued

Feb 11, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #3,039 of 3,098
Where did it break? If it's near the plug it might be easier to find someone who can solder a new plug.

ye or even buy a silver cable these are cheap Look at this on eBay http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/201743419336

Mar 12, 2017 at 8:06 PM Post #3,042 of 3,098
Not sure if anyone is still interested but as an FYI I emailed Flare about the microphone cables. It seems that although they have a few of the normal cables, they don't have any more microphone cables and aren't restocking.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back