Flare Audio R2PRO Kickstarter campaign
May 11, 2017 at 7:43 PM Post #3,061 of 3,098
My cables broke again :frowning2:
There is no response from Flare, I guess they ended up support. I have 2 paris both with now broken cables.
Does anyone know someone who can take my broken cables, take drivers from them and make me new, high quality cable? Ideally in UK or at least european union?
Thanks guys

Bummer. Might try Custom Cans in the UK. Good luck.

May 13, 2017 at 10:34 AM Post #3,062 of 3,098
so... my cables are fixed now :) looks pretty nice now:

TRHCwk7.jpg

gQkdEnI.jpg

May 13, 2017 at 12:18 PM Post #3,063 of 3,098
so... my cables are fixed now :) looks pretty nice now: Great looking tarhana!

TRHCwk7.jpg

gQkdEnI.jpg
Great looking tarhana! Have some questions.
1.Did you do the work?
2. Is the whole cable new? Or was it only replaced up to the Y split?
3. What cable was used?
4. Do you know if the original cable had 4 wires at the trs connector?

Lovely project. Thanks for sharing.

Last edited:
May 13, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #3,064 of 3,098
1.Did you do the work?
3. What cable was used?

thanks man :)

1. unfortunately not :/ i have zero talent in soldering work.

2. it was replaced up to the y split. you know cable goes directly to driver so me and cable guy didn't want to risk it.

3-4. i will ask him about this. i'm not a cable believer, i said him "just give me the gorgeous copper one" and he did it :)

May 16, 2017 at 10:37 AM Post #3,065 of 3,098
Guys, when I had any problems with cable I just sent them to Flare UK address with a return form and they sent them back recabled. I know that many of you do not like the stock cable quality, but to be honest, I am doing crazy stuff with my R2A. I take them for snowboarding to Alps and Tatras, I am MTBiking and doing most sports with them - seems a bit of overkill in SQ for sports, but I absolutely love them for these activities thx to lowprofile, although must be careful due to superb isolation from outside sounds. I even accidentally left them in a washing machine once, and they worked like new after drying. All of this was definitely worth it :) a solid earphone 5/7

May 16, 2017 at 11:46 AM Post #3,066 of 3,098
Guys, when I had any problems with cable I just sent them to Flare UK address with a return form and they sent them back recabled. I know that many of you do not like the stock cable quality, but to be honest, I am doing crazy stuff with my R2A. I take them for snowboarding to Alps and Tatras, I am MTBiking and doing most sports with them - seems a bit of overkill in SQ for sports, but I absolutely love them for these activities thx to lowprofile, although must be careful due to superb isolation from outside sounds. I even accidentally left them in a washing machine once, and they worked like new after drying. All of this was definitely worth it :) a solid earphone 5/7
The Flare have been trouble free for me. I caused 1 problem by sleeping in them. The cable was wrapped around me like a strait jacket. Had to re solder 1 connection on 1 driver. They are small and it does require careful soldering.

I want to modify or replace the cable to allow balanced playback with a PonoPlayer.

May 20, 2017 at 6:43 AM Post #3,067 of 3,098
1.Did you do the work?
3. What cable was used?

3. 5n copper cable

4. he answered but i'm not sure how i can translate it to english. but here goes: driver cables coming to y splitter are one chassis (?) and one channel cable. in y-splitter, chassis cable from drivers and from the 3.5 jack attached. channels attached separately. standart trs connection.

i'm writing the turkish version, maybe with translation you can make it better:

"Orjinal kabloda olduğu gibi aynı bağlantı yaptım, zaten trs olduğu için başka alternatifte yok. Y splite gelen her driver kablosu 1 şase ve kanal kablosu olarak geliyor. Y splitte driverlardan ve jacktan gelen şase ortak bağlanıyor. Kanallar ayrı ayrı bağlanıyor. Yani standart trs bağlantı."

May 26, 2017 at 4:32 PM Post #3,068 of 3,098
I just cut the rubber from near the jack of my old cable (I went to a mic cable for one pair). It unfortunately has only three wires in it ... So you'd have to connect a balanced cable at the y splitter.

May 26, 2017 at 6:40 PM Post #3,069 of 3,098
3. 5n copper cable

4. he answered but i'm not sure how i can translate it to english. but here goes: driver cables coming to y splitter are one chassis (?) and one channel cable. in y-splitter, chassis cable from drivers and from the 3.5 jack attached. channels attached separately. standart trs connection.

i'm writing the turkish version, maybe with translation you can make it better:

"Orjinal kabloda olduğu gibi aynı bağlantı yaptım, zaten trs olduğu için başka alternatifte yok. Y splite gelen her driver kablosu 1 şase ve kanal kablosu olarak geliyor. Y splitte driverlardan ve jacktan gelen şase ortak bağlanıyor. Kanallar ayrı ayrı bağlanıyor. Yani standart trs bağlantı."

Thanks tarhana. Please thank your technician also. I was pretty sure the answer was " balanced between earpieces and splitter. 3 wire, single ended from splitter to 3.5mm trs connector.

Thanks to LuckyNat for supplying additional proof.

Glad LuckyNat got his Flare fixed quickly. I would solder a new end on. Let us know how it goes.
Thanks again everyone.

Last edited:
Jun 7, 2017 at 4:00 PM Post #3,071 of 3,098
Later this year. I believe the word was that they would be revealed next month?

As for sound signature, please try again and give us your best shot!

Sorry for asking but where did you guys meet? At FA office? You're a R2 owner? Which version? Any other (C)IEMs or other headphones for that matter, what's your reference point? Don't mean to scare you off, just curious....that's all

Someone mentioned "sorry about your wallet" yet?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back