FitEar TO GO! & Universal Series --- Suyama's custom IEM, made universal!
Apr 12, 2017 at 12:15 AM Post #4,456 of 4,896
I posted this in the Campfire Vega thread but I thought I should post it here as well since the TG334 seems to have fallen out of favor in this forum.

I have owned the Vegas for more than 2 months now. They are the clearest, crispest and most dynamic phones I have. I also own the Dita Truths, Fitear Parterres, Sony EX 1000s, IE800, Audeze Sine and Grado PS500.
The Vegas were the ones I’d listen to when I wanted to be impressed by my music collection (Tidal).
Then I walked into Jaben in Singapore last week just to buy ear tips and grumbled that they never have a ready TG334 for me to buy. I could not order one from them as I am currently based in Shanghai. They had a limited edition Chinese New Year red version in stock. So I bought it.
I first encountered the TG334 when it first came out and loved it. Could not afford it at the time and managed the Parterres as the closest to what I was looking for.Eventually, I gave up on the Parterres as I found I prefer the sound of dynamic drivers. There is a greater immediacy to them.
When I got the Vegas, they trumped every phone I owned. They are more immediate, clear and detailed. But I kept going back to my Dita Truths as I feel that the Truths have a more “analog” like quality to them even as the bass does not extend as low and the mids sound a little recessed by comparison. But the mids on the Truths had a more “silky” quality to them. On the Vegas the mids, voices, are more clear and clinical.
Now, also because they are new, I am listening to my TG334 mostly. It is like the singer is in front of you. The mids remind me of my audition of the LCD4. The kind that with the right song, moves you emotionally. And that is my current view of my two favorite phones. The Vegas are when I want to “see” my music in all its crystal clarity (with a bass boost that is well judged and also very clear). The TG334 is when I want my music to move me emotionally (especially with female vocals).

Wanted to set out the contrast as I thought some may find it interesting. And I notice the TG334 does not get very much attention anymore. Given the current state of equipment in the market, if my Vegas or TG334s fail, I will replace them. I cannot say the same for my other phones.

@PCKS Agreed, the thread seemed rather quiet these days... The 334 is, afterall, a phone from half a decade ago (still one of my favs) (still the most mesmerizing female vocals I've heard on iems). On the good side it also means that the trade and technology development had not slowed down since.

I've never heard the CA Vega, and by your impression they seem to go in different directions.

What equipment/sources do you use to drive? Perhaps 334 is less "source-picky" comparatively?

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:42 PM Post #4,459 of 4,896
Now they dun state how many drivers inside

Apr 15, 2017 at 5:05 AM Post #4,461 of 4,896
They are Fitear biflanges. Jaben in Singapore sells them and has plenty in stock. I have moved to Spinfits for my fitears and am staying with the biflanges in the Vegas. The Vegas are sensitive to a vacum in the ear and effectively "shut down" if you create a vacum in the ear. I find that the biflanges provide isolation whilst avoiding this vacum effect.

I discovered that the spinfits allow the TG334's to sit perfectly in my ear without need for adjustment for hours.

Even with the biflanges, the Vegas need to be adjusted every now and then. But they stay on the longest for me without need for adjustment and are easiest to get the right fit on insertion.

Apr 15, 2017 at 1:37 PM Post #4,462 of 4,896
They are Fitear biflanges. Jaben in Singapore sells them and has plenty in stock. I have moved to Spinfits for my fitears and am staying with the biflanges in the Vegas. The Vegas are sensitive to a vacum in the ear and effectively "shut down" if you create a vacum in the ear. I find that the biflanges provide isolation whilst avoiding this vacum effect.

Thanks! I know exactly what you mean regarding the vacuum effect with Vega and SpinFit tips. Down-sizing to small (from my usual medium) worked out for me.

May 24, 2017 at 3:33 AM Post #4,463 of 4,896
Hello, I am looking for a balanced cable to go with my 334 and the sony WM1A. Any advice for a cable at $300 max

May 24, 2017 at 3:41 AM Post #4,464 of 4,896
Hello, I am looking for a balanced cable to go with my 334 and the sony WM1A. Any advice for a cable at $300 max

Strongly recommend Orb cables, they do have Fitear to 4.4mm cables off the shelf. Excellent build quality and SQ, even though it is a no hassle no bling copper cable.

May 25, 2017 at 5:57 PM Post #4,465 of 4,896
Strongly recommend Orb cables, they do have Fitear to 4.4mm cables off the shelf. Excellent build quality and SQ, even though it is a no hassle no bling copper cable.

I don't find the associated website? Do they ship to europe?

May 26, 2017 at 12:04 AM Post #4,466 of 4,896
I don't find the associated website? Do they ship to europe?

Not sure they sell directly from their website but you may try their retailers.

Effect Audio also makes wonderful cables and they do offer Fitear variants with 4,4mm plug.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back