Finally a new awesome crossfeed plugin!!!
Oct 8, 2014 at 1:20 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 46

donunus

Headphoneus Supremus
http://www.foobar2000.org/components/view/foo_dsp_meiercf

The last player that had the best crossfeed plugin was J River's own standard crossfeed plugin but this one takes the cake IMO. It sounds alive and tight and finally it fulfills the promise of a non fatiguing crossfeed! wow. I am very happy this was created

Oct 8, 2014 at 5:42 PM Post #2 of 46
do you know what are, if any, the differences with other crossfeed plug ins?
I'll try it and am always glad to see new stuff, but except that now I don't see what I'm doing with just one slider only telling me I use moarrr, does it do anything different than xnor's or the bauer's plug in? (there is a meier setting in bauer's component).

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:26 AM Post #3 of 46
the bs2b sounds veiled. Very different sound. the old naive crossfeed for foobar sounds thin, other ones like isone pro sound phasey, tbisone a little veiled and bassy, headfit slightly muddy as well. This is the first one I can just leave on at the standard low setting and feel like the music just got injected some life without making a tonality change. hard panned stuff are more solid while not becoming thick and sluggish like other plugins

Oct 9, 2014 at 7:29 AM Post #4 of 46
I cant remember much about the xnor plugin since i didnt use it long enough. Lets just say I didnt like it from the start which is why I didnt use it for more than 2 minutes

Oct 15, 2014 at 1:24 AM Post #5 of 46
This is the first time that I have been listening to music and have been comfortable leaving the crossfeed on without adjusting anything. This plugin is definitely the winner that rules them all in terms of what I want my crossfeed plugin to do to my music. The next thing to be done is to try them with different headphones besides my Grado RS2i with taped bowls.

Oct 15, 2014 at 11:21 AM Post #6 of 46
Alright, changed headphones and noticed some upper mid peak in the plugin. It is still not perfect yet then :) I was such a happy camper thinking this was it but I guess lets say.... NEXT.   STILL, it is the best Ive tried so far as software plugins are concerned.

Oct 15, 2014 at 12:59 PM Post #8 of 46
and again... very song dependent and 2 is the majority winner of all songs. Now to compare to no crossfeed at all and I'll get back to this thread next week for my final conclusion vs not using crossfeed at all.

Oct 21, 2014 at 6:23 PM Post #9 of 46
conclusion: depending on how strong I want my crossfeed, I either use a setting of 1 or 2 (lowest 2 settings)
Bottom line... This plugin Rocks! Best crossfeed plugin yet.

Oct 22, 2014 at 3:30 AM Post #10 of 46
Would there be any way to get surround crossfeed using this in conjunction with this Dolby Headphone config?
http://www.head-fi.org/t/555263/foobar2000-dolby-headphone-config

Nov 27, 2014 at 12:41 PM Post #13 of 46
hmm sometimes I still prefer no crossfeed again and if I do use crossfeed, I'm back to Jrivers standard crossfeed setting for random music. I guess even though the tonality changes more with the jrmc plugin vs this meier crossfeed plugin, the jrmc plug feels like it is more like what happens in real life.

Nov 27, 2014 at 9:41 PM Post #14 of 46
For the beatles and exaggerated stereo recordings however if I just decide to turn the effect on only for those specific recordings this is the best plugin for me. The post above talking about the JRiver crossfeed being best is for all around use if the plugin is just left on for all music

Nov 27, 2014 at 10:14 PM Post #15 of 46
that is why I etheir use a very light crossfeed, or none and just encode the few albums that really don't work on headphones with a crossfeed DSP.
because switching with every new album is a bore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back