Fiio X5 3rd gen || 2x AKM 4490 || Balanced Out || DSD || DXD | DTS | Android || Dual Card Slot
Jun 26, 2017 at 6:20 PM Post #10,021 of 15,897
I personally was going to return mine when I found out that it doesn't output a balanced audio signal (line out) as I had hoped,.

2.5mm balanced output (next to the line out)? Is there a reason this has fallen below your expectations? (Genuine inquiry, it's early morning and my word count is a little low!)

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:25 PM Post #10,022 of 15,897
2.5mm balanced output (next to the line out)? Is there a reason this has fallen below your expectations? (Genuine inquiry, it's early morning and my word count is a little low!)

That is Balanced "headphone" out. Not Balanced "line-out". That is what I was looking for. Very few DAPs do that these days I guess (unless you want to spend more than I desire to).

Jun 26, 2017 at 11:33 PM Post #10,023 of 15,897
On second thought, you're right. That was very tool of me to say the way that I did. If your intention is to sell off the X5, good luck with the sale. It stinks that you can't just return it. I personally was going to return mine when I found out that it doesn't output a balanced audio signal (line out) as I had hoped, but of course the cable to allow me to do it took awhle to get to me... so I was already at the "30+ days of owning the unit". Selling it is always going to take a hit. So, I'm riding out this DAP for the next set of under $1000 (hopefully $500) DAPs comes along that does what I need, works with almost no bugs... and then I'll switch and sell this unit.

I would not evaluate the merits of a DAP without considering the driver impact. Vega have an elevated bass line.

I also would not ask Q's in a place where I already implied I had been led astray and would not do so (as he implied) in the future.

That's just me.

Jun 27, 2017 at 4:40 AM Post #10,024 of 15,897
Hey. Is someone here able to play Flac files from DNLA finally? I'm using Serviio and just see empty folders, only mp3 files are visible.
Maybe Fiio give an answer about fixing this issue. Or list of DNLA servers which x5III can play flac with.

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:36 AM Post #10,026 of 15,897
thank you for taking a look at this. Yes I exit the fiio app in each of my tests.
Dear friend,

Please try to clear the data of the FiiO Music from settings--Apps--All--FiiO Music to see whether it helps?

Best regards

FiiO Stay updated on FiiO at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/FiiOAUDIO https://twitter.com/FiiO_official https://www.instagram.com/fiioofficial/ https://www.fiio.com support@fiio.com
Jun 27, 2017 at 12:54 PM Post #10,027 of 15,897
i can play WAV and FLAC files from my QNAP NAS running Assett seemingly hassle free using the fiio app.
Hey. Is someone here able to play Flac files from DNLA finally? I'm using Serviio and just see empty folders, only mp3 files are visible.
Maybe Fiio give an answer about fixing this issue. Or list of DNLA servers which x5III can play flac with.
Synology works with FLAC also.

Jun 27, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #10,028 of 15,897
Thanks. It wasn't clear, but I meant servers which I could run on Windows8 PC. I'm using Serviio/Neutron Player and can play flac on all smartphones in my place, but not on x5-3. Also I've tried some other software servers, but unsuccessfully.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 4:46 PM Post #10,030 of 15,897
Is there usb out on this player? I want to go X5iii to oppo ha2se.

There is, but it outputs all PCM as 44.1kHz currently. FiiO is still working on it.

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:12 PM Post #10,032 of 15,897
Hmmm, I just plugged in a OTG USB cable and the Mojo lit up, I didn't do anything else. Perhaps because FiiO's still working on it the HA-2SE doesn't work. Apologies, I don't have any other info.

Jun 27, 2017 at 5:20 PM Post #10,034 of 15,897
Cool, thanks. Ive used my mojo via coax but i will try it now usb and see if that works. If it does there must be something different with the Oppo. I generally use my DP-X1 with the Oppo HA2-SE.

I just tested it again. Yup, it works in both Pure Music and Android mode with the FiiO Music app to the Mojo. Actually, I think it re-samples everything to 48kHz... It's difficult to tell with the Mojo displaying red for 44.1kHz and orange for 48kHz.

Edit: I feel somewhat ripped off right now with USB audio out as it was an advertised feature at launch and FiiO said it would not up/down sample files by bypassing Android SRC.

Last edited:
Jun 27, 2017 at 5:37 PM Post #10,035 of 15,897
There is, but it outputs all PCM as 44.1kHz currently. FiiO is still working on it.

I just tested it again. Yup, it works in both Pure Music and Android mode with the FiiO Music app to the Mojo. Actually, I think it re-samples everything to 48kHz... It's difficult to tell with the Mojo displaying red for 44.1kHz and orange for 48kHz.

Edit: I feel somewhat ripped off right now with USB audio out as it was an advertised feature at launch and FiiO said it would not up/down sample files by bypassing Android SRC.
I hope FiiO delivers what they said they would do. It still shows on the first page that USB out is a feature.
On the bright side you have a nice shiny Hugo2 to listen to

Users who are viewing this thread

Back