FiiO X3 & X5 USB Drivers (for Windows only)
Nov 17, 2015 at 5:05 PM Post #33 of 76
I am having the same problem as desribed above, but with Windows 7:

I unzipped the files, customised the .inf files, and ran setup but  the USB driver refused to load, with this error every time I tried:
     "Setup requires that the device is plugged in. Please connect the device you want to install and make sure
it is turned on. If your device is currently connected, please unplug and replug it."

I already tried connecting my X3 Sec. Gen. to every USB port available at my workstation (and there are several), yet the message keeps coming and the X3 is not recognized by the system.

Any help is very appreciated here. Thanks in advance.

Nov 17, 2015 at 5:52 PM Post #34 of 76
Try to manually install the driver. In the device manager select sound, video game controller, then open the action menu and select add legacy hardware, chose select the hardware from a list, select "sound, video game controller", locate the .inf file and select your model from the list at the left side of the window and click on next. 

I don't remember wich of the two inf files are the one to use for the WDM audio device.

Feb 21, 2016 at 8:24 AM Post #36 of 76
Can you modify this driver to support FiiO products?
It seems it's based on Thesycon driver v3.29
http://www.resonessencelabs.com/resonessence-generic-thesycon-usb-audio-2-0/

Edit: I've modified the .inf files by myself, the drivers are working correctly both ASIO and WDM.

Mar 2, 2016 at 9:01 AM Post #37 of 76
FiiO has released the new DAC drivers for his product based on Thesycon last version 3.34.
The new driver for the X3 II is not available at the moment due to a problem they're still working to fix. 

Mar 15, 2016 at 2:26 AM Post #39 of 76
Hello everyone, i've got some question of my own. I've just received my new Fiiox3ii and checked that it has FW1.4 installed already. My question is, what do i have to do to be able to use the device as a DAC on windows 10? I saw on the first post of the thread that the poster has made their own drivers, but it was also about a year and a half ago, would it still suffice for a windows 10? I know VERY little about driver installation,i can figure things out... but if i'm told almost step by step sadly. When i first plugged in my x3ii in DAC mode, my computer started to download something called 2.0, i can't recall what. As i look in the device manager location, i notice that there is a new "USB composite Device" that has a small hazard cone next to it. 

I'm probably not making much sense or am not seeing something obvious to approaching this issue, any help would be much appreciated! :)

Mar 16, 2016 at 8:15 AM Post #40 of 76
  Hello everyone, i've got some question of my own. I've just received my new Fiiox3ii and checked that it has FW1.4 installed already. My question is, what do i have to do to be able to use the device as a DAC on windows 10? I saw on the first post of the thread that the poster has made their own drivers, but it was also about a year and a half ago, would it still suffice for a windows 10? I know VERY little about driver installation,i can figure things out... but if i'm told almost step by step sadly. When i first plugged in my x3ii in DAC mode, my computer started to download something called 2.0, i can't recall what. As i look in the device manager location, i notice that there is a new "USB composite Device" that has a small hazard cone next to it. 

I'm probably not making much sense or am not seeing something obvious to approaching this issue, any help would be much appreciated! :)

Hi! You have two choice as the old driver v1.61 has been removed from FiiO website:
1) You can wait until FiiO will release the new driver v3.34 also for X3 II as it has already been released for X3, X5, X5 II and X7, but they expecting some problems with X3 II driver signature verification.
2) You can install a modified version of driver v3.34 that I've made (download link below), with it you will probably have to disable secure boot (and maybe run two commands in the administrator command prompts) as otherwise in my experience you need to boot on "driver verification signature disabled" mode every time you want to use X3 II as a USB DAC or Windows will not load the drivers reporting "error 52".

If you wish to try my method then download the .zip file from the link below and extract it, reboot in advanced mode to get access to the UEFI BIOS and disable secure boot; with secure boot disabled, connect the FiiO X3 II and try to install the drivers by running the "setup.exe" file you'll find inside the folder, after the installation check on device manager that the ASIO and Windows audio devices are displayed correctly without reporting problems. If you get the "USB composite device" with the hazard icon you have to try to install the driver manually so by right click on the "USB composite device" select "update software driver" and select "locate the driver on your computer", search for the .inf file named "usbaudio.inf" in the folder you've extracted from the zip file and select it, click next and see what append, it should install the ASIO driver. For the Windows audio driver click on "audio, video and games controllers" and on "Actions" (on top of the device manager window) select "add legacy driver", click next and select "manually install the driver from a list (for advanced users)" select "audio, video and games controllers" click next and search for FIIO in the producers list, select it and from the list on the right select FiiO X3 2nd gen and click next.

I know it's a bit complicate and really annoying, I hope FiiO will release the v3.34 drivers for the FiiO X3 II soon. :frowning2:       

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4Wig4JZQ5XsdHdSdjNwNVp6VVU/view?usp=sharing

Mar 16, 2016 at 6:46 PM Post #41 of 76
  Hi! You have two choice as the old driver v1.61 has been removed from FiiO website:
1) You can wait until FiiO will release the new driver v3.34 also for X3 II as it has already been released for X3, X5, X5 II and X7, but they expecting some problems with X3 II driver signature verification.
2) You can install a modified version of driver v3.34 that I've made (download link below), with it you will probably have to disable secure boot (and maybe run two commands in the administrator command prompts) as otherwise in my experience you need to boot on "driver verification signature disabled" mode every time you want to use X3 II as a USB DAC or Windows will not load the drivers reporting "error 52".

If you wish to try my method then download the .zip file from the link below and extract it, reboot in advanced mode to get access to the UEFI BIOS and disable secure boot; with secure boot disabled, connect the FiiO X3 II and try to install the drivers by running the "setup.exe" file you'll find inside the folder, after the installation check on device manager that the ASIO and Windows audio devices are displayed correctly without reporting problems. If you get the "USB composite device" with the hazard icon you have to try to install the driver manually so by right click on the "USB composite device" select "update software driver" and select "locate the driver on your computer", search for the .inf file named "usbaudio.inf" in the folder you've extracted from the zip file and select it, click next and see what append, it should install the ASIO driver. For the Windows audio driver click on "audio, video and games controllers" and on "Actions" (on top of the device manager window) select "add legacy driver", click next and select "manually install the driver from a list (for advanced users)" select "audio, video and games controllers" click next and search for FIIO in the producers list, select it and from the list on the right select FiiO X3 2nd gen and click next.

I know it's a bit complicate and really annoying, I hope FiiO will release the v3.34 drivers for the FiiO X3 II soon. :frowning2:       

WOW, IT WORKED!! Thank you SO much!! 
L3000.gif

I was even able to tread into deeper water by connecting the x3ii to my e11k amp and sure enough, it still worked seamlessly! Thank you for allowing me to have the full use of my new Fiio player, before i was just thinking about using it purely as a DAP. You're a life-saver, cheers man!
beerchug.gif

Mar 17, 2016 at 3:21 AM Post #42 of 76

WOW, IT WORKED!! Thank you SO much!! :L3000:  
I was even able to tread into deeper water by connecting the x3ii to my e11k amp and sure enough, it still worked seamlessly! Thank you for allowing me to have the full use of my new Fiio player, before i was just thinking about using it purely as a DAP. You're a life-saver, cheers man!:beerchug:  

Or, you can use the official new 3.34 FiiO driver, unmodified, with a new beta version of the X3II firmware:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz5yq77erlp3yeg/X3%202nd%20gen%20FW%28new%20DAC%20beta%29.zip?dl=0

It is the same as FW1.44beta in every respect except for being compatible with the new driver. :xf_eek:

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Mar 17, 2016 at 12:43 PM Post #43 of 76
Or, you can use the official new 3.34 FiiO driver, unmodified, with a new beta version of the X3II firmware:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/sz5yq77erlp3yeg/X3%202nd%20gen%20FW%28new%20DAC%20beta%29.zip?dl=0

It is the same as FW1.44beta in every respect except for being compatible with the new driver.
redface.gif

When it has been released? I haven't saw it on the official forum. So it was a fw problem not related to the drivers?

Mar 17, 2016 at 10:47 PM Post #44 of 76

It is the same as FW1.44beta in every respect except for being compatible with the new driver. :xf_eek:

When it has been released? I haven't saw it on the official forum. So it was a fw problem not related to the drivers?

It was a firmware problem with the X3 2nd gen. The PID for the storage mode and USB DAC mode clashed and had to be remapped to be compatible with the new driver.

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com

Users who are viewing this thread

Back