FiiO K1--smaller and better for less
Nov 19, 2015 at 11:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 408

Joe Bloggs

Sponsor: HiBy
Member of the Trade: EFO Technologies Co, YanYin Technology
His Porta Corda walked the Green Mile

Hello all,

This can the official thread for anyone interested in our upcoming new K1 portable USB-powered DAC/amp.

As you can see, this will be a tiny device with micro USB going in and headphone output going out.

Supports 24/96 decoding, using the same PCM5102 DAC used in our high-end E17K, with up to 75mW output power. I don't have official pricing yet, but it should be way under $100.

Full introduction to the K1 can now be found here
http://www.fiio.net/en/products/48

HiBy Stay updated on HiBy at their facebook, website or email (icons below). Stay updated on HiBy at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/hibycom https://store.hiby.com/ service@hiby.com
Nov 20, 2015 at 1:42 PM Post #4 of 408
What kind of sorcery is this!!??? lol

Honestly, this would've been an amazing contraption to stack with the upcoming Fiio M3... but it appears as though it's USB powered.. , but for common consumers, this would've been an amazing duo for true portability.

Nov 21, 2015 at 3:26 AM Post #5 of 408
The trial production for the smaller and better for less K1 (>> Click here for details) is now complete. Owing to the limited quantity of this first production batch, it will first be put on trial sale in three selected markets in USA, Germany and Thailand. 

The goods will be shipped out to the following sales agents soon. For those who are interested in the K1, you can kindly check with them by the end of this month.

Germany:  NT Global Distribution GmbH
Thailand:  FiiOThai Ordinary Partnership
                  Holysai
USA:         Tinbel
                 Office direct sales

---------Check their info at >>Where to Buy column.

Mass production is estimated to be arranged by the beginning of January, 2016. We will keep you informed with updates then, thanks.

Nov 21, 2015 at 5:06 AM Post #6 of 408
Nice little dac/amp, it's a "direct attack" to the HRT dSp which the same form factor etc.

Small hint for your website isn't it the TI TPA6132A2 and not TPA61332A2?

How is the output impedance? Since you are use the TPA6132A2 which gain is selected or can we change the gain? What is the power current of the K1?

/EDIT ok now the website specs are fully up :)

Gain is fixed at 1.2 dB, output impedance is 1 ohms and the power current is at 36mA, really great specs, will be a great dac/amp which will work great for smartphones, because the power current is compared to other simliar dac/amps without battery lower, the i.e. HER dSp has 50mA and the Audioquest Dragonfly 1.2 or Cambridge DacMagic XS should be higher too.

Nov 23, 2015 at 2:46 PM Post #10 of 408
BTW, we have shipped some to our agents and it should be available in your local market soon . please contact our distributors and agents for more information.

So how would someone in the US would get this. Im about to buy the dsp, but i would take this over it (being fiio and all). Any help? I need a portable dac/amp and this looks perfect.

Nov 23, 2015 at 9:01 PM Post #12 of 408
This looks like a good way to improve the less-than-stellar audio on my Nexus 6P.  Unfortunately, compatibility between the N6P (USB-C) and the FiiO DAC/AMP options seems to be hit-or-miss.  Does anyone have a good suggestion who the target customer for the FiiO K1, Q1, and E18 are?  It looks like the K1 has about the same power output at the Q1 (and both have less than the E18).  I love the small size (and small cost) of the K1, but wouldn't want to be left wanting more.

Thanks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back