Feliks Audio tube amps
Jul 25, 2017 at 5:32 PM Post #406 of 1,113
@mordy that might be the spot for my long bike ride. I need the wind in my face, the sea spray splashing against me as I cruise at medium speed. When I come to a downhill stretch, I won't use the brakes. I will lean in prone position to accelerate faster and hope that there's no big stones that my tires might run over. If that happens, you will hear a plop in the lake.
No lake mate - it's the ocean at North Head. But plenty of long hills....

Jul 25, 2017 at 5:44 PM Post #407 of 1,113
No lake mate - it's the ocean at North Head. But plenty of long hills....

I probably needed to ride across the oceans. I literally bought a new head-fi system within 2 months.

Now I'm on par with my spent on my car stereo systems 5 years ago. However I ought to be happy now. A tube amp and a ss amp and some nice headphones. The music reaching my ears are unreal now.

Jul 25, 2017 at 6:24 PM Post #409 of 1,113
Soon the need to upgrade will rear its beautiful head once again :p

No no no :) I know myself. When I get to a certain point with my hobby, I just stopped. :relaxed:

However that BHSE and Stax for 65? Yeah why not. My children can spoil me then. I will not turn down a Stax system with Pink Panther. It's the most vivid pink panther ever to cross my mind.

Jul 26, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #410 of 1,113
Jul 26, 2017 at 5:56 AM Post #412 of 1,113
Jul 26, 2017 at 6:06 AM Post #414 of 1,113
Anyone tried the Dragon Inspire IHA-1 amp compared to any of Feliks amps?

Jul 26, 2017 at 6:25 AM Post #415 of 1,113
Jul 26, 2017 at 6:40 AM Post #416 of 1,113
Tone between those 2 will be different. Euforia is an OTL amp. The Dragon uses a rectifier and 2 6sn7 drivers, with transformer output.

In the review, Amos says that the Dragon doesn't provide the music with warm through HD800 and HE-1000 V2. Says it sounds like marble. :smile_phones:

Euforia / Elise on the other hand has a certain warm and lushness generally associated with OTL amps... generally... depends on manufacturer's voicing. Having said that I don't find Euforia or Elise to be particularly too warm and lush. There's a surprising quickness to FA's amps transients with a liquid smoothness.

Jul 26, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #417 of 1,113
So I spoke to Tom of A2A and he confirmed Ragnarok and Violectric v281 will be waiting for my presence at the store on Sunday. They even chose a special gold coin for me to toss to make the decision.

That's what I call customer service.

While all these excitements are happening, I also learn that a HiFi Show is held this weekend in Sydney. Ragnarok and Vidar possibly will be on exhibit driving some fancy speakers.

What timing ! As if I still have time for HIFI Show after buying the amp? Oh well but it's tempting to see what's new in the world of HiFi.....

Jul 27, 2017 at 3:54 AM Post #420 of 1,113
Thinking of pairing an Espressivo with Modi Multibit, driving a pair of HD600's. Thoughts on that combo would be very much appreciated. :)

I tried with the HD650 and the pairing was excellent (I'm not a huge fan of the HD650 so that is saying something, best pairing I've heard yet), so I cannot see why there would be issues with the HD600 :D

What I like about the Feliks amps is that they have a touch of warmth without smearing the finer details, or taking away speed.

The stock espressivo tubes are actually quite flat sounding, so changing the drivers can change the sound quite a bit for not a lot of money

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back