Eddie Current Zana Deux owners
Aug 30, 2006 at 2:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2,605

ironbut

500+ Head-Fier
Hey, I know Craig had the parts to build 6 ZD's he introed at the So. Cal meet and he sold them all. And I DO know that he is still building some of them but, one of you guys must have one at home by now! So,.. fess up! Meet impressions are all well and good but, I'm saving all my penny's and fattening up some dust collecting gear for selling to see if I can get one too. Let's have some owner reviews already!

Aug 31, 2006 at 4:49 AM Post #2 of 2,605
I'd like to know too....

Aug 31, 2006 at 4:49 PM Post #3 of 2,605
I'd like to know three. I am to understand that Craig has definetly sold out the complete grouping already and plans no more, for awhile anyways.
rolleyes.gif

Sep 1, 2006 at 1:33 AM Post #6 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikey01
I'd like to know three. I am to understand that Craig has definetly sold out the complete grouping already and plans no more, for awhile anyways.
rolleyes.gif

according to a post from the So Cal meet when the poster asked Craig about plans to produce more than the original 6, he said that he would make them as long as people kept ordering them.

Sep 1, 2006 at 7:18 AM Post #9 of 2,605
Hung out with Craig for a bit yesterday. Listened to his next product release a solid state amp, which sounded really impressive, but more on that later….

Here’s the skinny on the ZDs. None have been shipped as of yet (not counting Mikey01’s proto). They should start shipping out in about three to four weeks (don’t quote me). The second run will probably be in the $1800 range.

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:13 AM Post #10 of 2,605
he's got a SS product? please, David, tell us about it
biggrin.gif

Sep 2, 2006 at 12:23 AM Post #11 of 2,605
Yeah David, we want info and pics of the new ss amp.
biggrin.gif

That's great the Craig is going to make more of the ZD's. Considering how fast the first 6 went, it makes perfect sense.

Sep 2, 2006 at 2:38 AM Post #12 of 2,605
Hi. Apparently he had one left from the original six, so i put a deposit on it. (maybe the person who ordered it backed out?)

I got an email telling me this:
Quote:

I stock the main chassis parts and build to order. When someone wants to buy
an amp, I take a deposit of half down, the balance when the amp ships. I
supply the rectifier tubes in the price. If the customer wants to buy the
6C33C-B's they are $25.00 each. I charge $10.00 for Sovtek 6SL7's but
recommend using American NOS tubes when you have time to source them.

Sep 2, 2006 at 2:40 AM Post #13 of 2,605
Sovtek is a Russian brand of tubes. NOS stands for New Old Stock, as in tubes that were produced much earlier but which weren't used for whatever reason. Broadly speaking, tubes produced in earlier decades are usually better than tubes produced nowadays because tube-technology was at its heyday during those earlier decades. To "source" a tube means that you have to find your own source to buy them.

If I'm wrong, someone please feel free to correct me.

Sep 2, 2006 at 3:41 AM Post #14 of 2,605
Quote:

Originally Posted by humanflyz
Sovtek is a Russian brand of tubes. NOS stands for New Old Stock, as in tubes that were produced much earlier but which weren't used for whatever reason. Broadly speaking, tubes produced in earlier decades are usually better than tubes produced nowadays because tube-technology was at its heyday during those earlier decades. To "source" a tube means that you have to find your own source to buy them.

If I'm wrong, someone please feel free to correct me.

thanks so much (i was literally thinking "non-oversampling tubes" before i read that).
(sorry to hijack this thread)- from what i understand i need two 6c33 tubes and one 6s17... any idea where i can find tubes like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back