EarSonics Velvet universal custom in ear monitor with three sound tuning options
Mar 26, 2017 at 9:54 AM Post #1,486 of 1,557
They cannot be compared. There's a whole world in between them. Cayin i5, on the other hand is AFAIK warmer and the FiiO, more neutral. Not that detailed/analytical but much more musical.

Enviado desde mi H1

Mar 26, 2017 at 4:07 PM Post #1,487 of 1,557
Between X5 III and II, or between Fiio and A&K?

To be more specific, I'm using them in the balanced mode with a Sony A15 due to its huge advantage in portability but I think this is killing a little bit their potential and I want some improvements like: a fuller sound, sharper texture for the instruments and more emotional vocals.
So, I wonder whether this can be achieved by using a much better source or is just their signature that cannot be changed regardless any source used.

Mar 27, 2017 at 10:00 AM Post #1,488 of 1,557
Between X5 III and II, or between Fiio and A&K?

To be more specific, I'm using them in the balanced mode with a Sony A15 due to its huge advantage in portability but I think this is killing a little bit their potential and I want some improvements like: a fuller sound, sharper texture for the instruments and more emotional vocals.
So, I wonder whether this can be achieved by using a much better source or is just their signature that cannot be changed regardless any source used.

Might be worth adjusting them to the more "treble" of the settings on each ear piece? It won't change the fullness of the sound but it might give you a sharper texture for the instruments and vox? If you are currently on the bassist settjng that is...

Mar 27, 2017 at 3:49 PM Post #1,489 of 1,557
Might be worth adjusting them to the more "treble" of the settings on each ear piece? It won't change the fullness of the sound but it might give you a sharper texture for the instruments and vox? If you are currently on the bassist settjng that is...

I've already done that before I left the dial to the balanced mode, but the tight setting is what I like most, except the lack of fullness, hence the ideea of a source which can eventually provide more and enough fullness, so that I can keep them in the tight setting with all the ingredients.

Mar 27, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #1,490 of 1,557
I've already done that before I left the dial to the balanced mode, but the tight setting is what I like most, except the lack of fullness, hence the ideea of a source which can eventually provide more and enough fullness, so that I can keep them in the tight setting with all the ingredients.

I see that you finally purchased the Velvet. Congrats! Sony A15 is one of the fullest sounding DAPs in the market. Try increasing the 0.4 and 2.5 bands in the EQ by one or 2 notches to see if it improves the body in the Velvet.

Be aware though, while this may add body, might result in a darker sound.

Mar 28, 2017 at 5:46 PM Post #1,491 of 1,557
I see that you finally purchased the Velvet. Congrats! Sony A15 is one of the fullest sounding DAPs in the market. Try increasing the 0.4 and 2.5 bands in the EQ by one or 2 notches to see if it improves the body in the Velvet.

Be aware though, while this may add body, might result in a darker sound.

Thanks...yes, after struggling to get from IE800 what I would have like but without success (especially for EDM) and not being impressed at all by the XBA-H3 and W40, I came back to the Velvet when I saw that a new version was released - this is V2.
Briefly, I can say that I definitely prefer the havy (thanks to the sub-bass) and the more musical sound of the Velvet over the dry and thin IE800 sound.
Very impressed by the bass - quite amazing for a BA. I like the balance between the mid and sub-bass and that with all the bass enhancement, it doesn't become fatiguing or is covering the other frequencies (in the tight & balanced settings).
Even if the vocals are more natural and emotional on the IE800 (especially the male vocals), I don't find the Velvet having the vocals too thin or distant, while for the treble, I like the IE800 details but I clearly prefer the Velvet because, while being lively, is nowhere like the tizzy and fatiguing IE800 treble.
Overall, a very nice combination of bass, details and clarity.

A15 may be one of the fullest sounding DAP but I think the Velvet will benefit more from a better dac and amp, as happened already with the IE800, when I paired them with the Fiio X7.
I've increased even from the begining not only the 0.4 and 2.5 bands, but also the 1.0 one. Still, I'm trying to find a sweet spot, playing with the dial, EQ and the tips.
Or maybe my brain just needs some time to completely adapt to this signature.

Apr 18, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #1,492 of 1,557
Looks like you're familiar with quite a few headphones that I'm considering; Velvet, Vega, NT6Pro. I'm also looking at XELENTO, Merlin, Oriolus, and AAW W500 (all universals)
I want good bass, great clarity, soundstage, instrument separation, and timbre (among everything else good,too). I'm into electronic music.

Thoughts and suggestions are very welcomed, as this is a big purchase for me!

Apr 21, 2017 at 4:10 PM Post #1,493 of 1,557
With my Velvet I can not tell on the grey double tips are what size. They almost all look the same size. Is there an easy way to tell?

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:24 PM Post #1,494 of 1,557
Looks like you're familiar with quite a few headphones that I'm considering; Velvet, Vega, NT6Pro. I'm also looking at XELENTO, Merlin, Oriolus, and AAW W500 (all universals)
I want good bass, great clarity, soundstage, instrument separation, and timbre (among everything else good,too). I'm into electronic music.

Thoughts and suggestions are very welcomed, as this is a big purchase for me!

Check out the tralucent ref1. I've tried most of the iems you listed and prefer the ref1s over all of them for electronic/hiphop.

Apr 21, 2017 at 5:28 PM Post #1,496 of 1,557

With my Velvet I can not tell on the grey double tips are what size. They almost all look the same size. Is there an easy way to tell?

They're all the same size

Well, I'll be darned. No wonder they all looked the same to me :)
Are the double flange tips considered to be a one-size-fits-all because they are dual flanged?

Apr 21, 2017 at 8:07 PM Post #1,497 of 1,557
Thanks!  That is the first time I've heard the Tralucent mentioned for me.  You think its better than the W500?  Can you compare them a bit more, as I was about to pull the trigger on the W500 Universals.  Send in a PM if we're getting too off-topic for this particular forum :).

Jun 23, 2017 at 12:30 PM Post #1,499 of 1,557
Hello
Could someone compare Velvet-2 with SEM6-2, especially regarding the vocals ?
I've understood the Velvet 2 bring more life to the music, are less analytical than the SEM6-2, but are the vocals recessed or not ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back