"Ear Kegs" - MusicMaker Phantom III / Shockwave III appreciation & impressions
Apr 19, 2017 at 9:08 AM Post #1,579 of 1,906
cool.gif
Tips are a personal preference. Jon likes the KZ Foamies, I still prefer the Auvio Silicones.

https://www.amazon.com/AUVIO-Large-Silicon-Tips/dp/B00MY9T7AO

beerchug.gif
beerchug.gif
TWIN

Apr 19, 2017 at 10:36 AM Post #1,580 of 1,906
I'm getting good seal with silicon as well but would prefer foam to taper the highs a tad bit.

You don't use Comply's?

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:45 PM Post #1,582 of 1,906
Speaking of wide bores, the 1MORE Quad Drivers have a really huge bore, a lot bigger than the SW3. The 1MORE Quad Drivers are the best IEM's i ever put into my ears and idk when the next In-Ears will take them over but without spending about 500 - 1000$ or 1MORE releasing a new IEM they will be my IEM's for probably a long time. I can recommend them with all my heart and IMO they trump the SW3 in every aspect even though the SW3's are not bad at all.

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:57 PM Post #1,583 of 1,906
Speaking of wide bores, the 1MORE Quad Drivers have a really huge bore, a lot bigger than the SW3. The 1MORE Quad Drivers are the best IEM's i ever put into my ears and idk when the next In-Ears will take them over but without spending about 500 - 1000$ or 1MORE releasing a new IEM they will be my IEM's for probably a long time. I can recommend them with all my heart and IMO they trump the SW3 in every aspect even though the SW3's are not bad at all.

How low do the quad drivers go? I can get audible volume at 4 Hz on the shockwaves.

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:16 PM Post #1,584 of 1,906
You got some DAMN good ears Roen.

4Hz?

:grinning::grinning: TWIN

Apr 19, 2017 at 6:19 PM Post #1,585 of 1,906
That's NOT what reports I'm hearing about those Quads are saying. I'e heard Bassy and quite bright.

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:46 AM Post #1,586 of 1,906
That's NOT what reports I'm hearing about those Quads are saying. I'e heard Bassy and quite bright.

From where did you hear that? To my ears the SW3 were most definitely V-Shaped and too bright to my ears. On the offical thread there were a few posts stating that these have a kind of reference sound. To me they can sound bright on some tracks but never SW3 bright IMO. Bassy would be the least term i'd use for the quads, i'd even say they could use a touch more bass with silicon tips while the bass is balanced enough for me with foam tips.  

How low do the quad drivers go? I can get audible volume at 4 Hz on the shockwaves.

They go as low as 10 Hz, idk if 4 Hz is even audible to the human ear LOL, but yeah, maybe you got some good ears. 
bigsmile_face.gif

Apr 20, 2017 at 6:59 AM Post #1,587 of 1,906
Menuki, I am keeping my eyes open on these quads. Before I pop any more $$$ I want to see more reviews. Because you can only believe so much of what you read.

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:01 AM Post #1,588 of 1,906
Menuki, I am keeping my eyes open on these quads. Before I pop any more $$$ I want to see more reviews. Because you can only believe so much of what you read.

Thats true, everyone hears things differently and 200$ is cheap for these, but still a lot of money. If you were to buy them i'd look forward very much to your impressions! :)

Apr 20, 2017 at 7:10 AM Post #1,589 of 1,906
They have been on my radar since 1more first announced them.. I had the hybrids but didn't go for the triples as I found that long metal standoff on the body that the cable connects to, gives me an awkward and uncomfortable fit. I find this also on the ATH ckr10. I'm glad to see they opted for a different build on the quads.

:rolleyes: :rolleyes: TWIN

Apr 20, 2017 at 10:09 AM Post #1,590 of 1,906
From where did you hear that? To my ears the SW3 were most definitely V-Shaped and too bright to my ears. On the offical thread there were a few posts stating that these have a kind of reference sound. To me they can sound bright on some tracks but never SW3 bright IMO. Bassy would be the least term i'd use for the quads, i'd even say they could use a touch more bass with silicon tips while the bass is balanced enough for me with foam tips.  

They go as low as 10 Hz, idk if 4 Hz is even audible to the human ear LOL, but yeah, maybe you got some good ears. :bigsmile_face:

I just use those bass tests you can find on youtube, and 4 is the lowest I hear audible volume from the SW3's.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back