DLeeWebb Breaks 65,000 posts - Daylight Still Second
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 21, 2017 at 10:12 AM Post #481 of 1,051
Qlqky.gif

Jun 21, 2017 at 7:56 PM Post #482 of 1,051
Bit of head-fi history, as I loosely remember it:
Edwood was the 1st head-fier to 10,000 posts (2004-ish?). Back in the day his thing was Hamsters and the Sony MDR-R10; I think he also used a Grace amp for a while. Jahn was the 1st to 20,000 (2006-ish). His thing was the "tower of power", a Grado HP1000 with I think a Melos SHA-Gold amp (Maestrobated?). Jahn dropped off head-fi soon after 20K -- apparently he sustained some hearing loss from an illness, but he dropped by some years later to let everyone know he was alive and otherwise well.

Both of them were nice to have around, and actively positing, especially edwood. I can't imagine a 55K+ poster wouldn't get annoying quick, though.

Last edited:
Jun 21, 2017 at 8:05 PM Post #483 of 1,051
Bit of head-fi history, as I loosely remember it:
Edwood was the 1st head-fier to 10,000 posts (2004-ish?). Back in the day his thing was Hamsters and the Sony MDR-R10; I think he also used a Grace amp for a while. Jahn was the 1st to 20,000 (2006-ish). His thing was the "tower of power", a Grado HP1000 with I think a Melos SHA-Gold amp (Maestrobated?). Jahn dropped off head-fi soon after 20K -- apparently he sustained some hearing loss from an illness, but he dropped by some years later to let everyone know he was alive and otherwise well.

Both of them were nice to have around, and actively positing, especially edwood. I can't imagine a 55K+ poster wouldn't get annoying quick, though.

Nice info!

I wonder who was the fastest to 10 thousand posts? I like that more than who was the first, since all of us have started Head-Fi at different times, and members have the same shot at posting that way, if that's what they would like to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back