DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Feb 13, 2017 at 12:38 PM Post #31 of 412
  That sounds great.  I vote we head over to crown downtown wine and beer for the afterparty.

Great place for sampling! But very limited seating, so we be competing with regular customers and most likely will have standing room only. 
tongue.gif

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:49 PM Post #33 of 412
Dogfish Head Alehouse is what I was thinking of - very decent beer selection and the food is pretty good, lots of seating space and we can make a reservation for a decent sized group.

http://www.dogfishalehouse.com/locations/dfha-gaithersburg/

The best restaurant in the area, IMHO, is Silk Road Choyhona, but they don't serve alcohol, everyone would have to BYOB. 
beerchug.gif

Feb 13, 2017 at 1:49 PM Post #34 of 412
OK, I have reserved the Kentlands Carriage House from 12:00 Noon until 5:00 p.m. on Sunday, March 12. Event can be from 1:00 p.m. until 4:00 p.m. to allow us time to set up and then clean up afterward. No charge for using this place, but we do need to leave it clean, take out trash, etc.

Called Dogfish Head Alehouse in Gaithersburg and they are OK with taking a reservation for our group once we have a better idea of how many will join us for Happy Hour and diner from 4:00 p.m. until whenever.

I will post the event as a separate thread later today and do some local publicity outreach as well.

Looking forward to some good listening and​ meeting everyone on March 12!

atsmile.gif

Mar 29, 2017 at 12:29 PM Post #36 of 412
Hey guys, I visited WOW Made Simple in Bethesda, MD as part of a DC Hifi Group meeting last weekend.  The store has a great open space that would be perfect for meets and after speaking with the owners, they would be happy to accomodate us at the store for a meet.  I wanted to throw this out there as another alternative venue for us to use and to get an idea about possible dates for scheduling our next meet.  I was thinking of requesting something for April 15th.  Let me know if that would work and I can organize something with WOW for the meet.

Mar 29, 2017 at 2:04 PM Post #37 of 412
  Hey guys, I visited WOW Made Simple in Bethesda, MD as part of a DC Hifi Group meeting last weekend.  The store has a great open space that would be perfect for meets and after speaking with the owners, they would be happy to accomodate us at the store for a meet.  I wanted to throw this out there as another alternative venue for us to use and to get an idea about possible dates for scheduling our next meet.  I was thinking of requesting something for April 15th.  Let me know if that would work and I can organize something with WOW for the meet.

Please do!
I've not had time to post, but the event after your date is May 20. It's late enough I'm sure there will be newer things to listen by then.

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:15 AM Post #38 of 412

Aka How to Spend Your Refund Day!

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:51 PM Post #41 of 412
Seems to me that the concept of a DC (or other more private) group has been banished - at least for the time being. Those lists were setup on the DC/MD/VA group. Otherwise, I'm kind of adjusted to the new site.

Totally agree - this is the right thread!

May 31, 2017 at 8:22 PM Post #42 of 412
hey very new to sign up to headfi. wanted to make a first post. live in baltimore and want to find more audio related things to do other then going to magnolia room or play with the growing working and seasoned pieces of equipment owned. new to personal audio as well. seems to be the most interesting. how fast the market moves, relatively lowish cost, and more social due to outdoor use. also like the technology. how small changes can have drastic impact on sound. have wanted a nice rig but waited a while to find what thought to suit me the best. love car audio and the power of bass and favorite music being raggajungle (spedup dnb with reggae influence.) kept waiting for the amplified event at gramophone where nothing met my needs after trying everything available. met gandhisfist and another dc area headfier and they rec'ed the denon/ fostex gear. being closed think that will eliminate all the dislikes of other phones. so the last day of the purpleheart drop was today. think that was a good decision because it was between these or the philips x2's. with all the manufacturing inconsistencies, couldnt bring myself to spend that kind of dough. japanesse philosophy and products have always resonated with me so have high hopes these purple wood cups will resonate well too.

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:30 PM Post #43 of 412
Hi everyone! I have been working overseas and only now getting the chance to see what's up for the next DC area meeting. Is there anything on schedule for the summer?

Jun 6, 2017 at 2:48 PM Post #44 of 412
I will be scheduling a meet for mid-summer, July or August. I will be bringing a SchiitKit... a collection of DACs and amps (and headphones) provided by Schiit Audio for such events. Folks will certainly be able to bring other stuff as well so we can mix and match. Right now July 22 or 23 are possibilities or any of the first three weekends in August, but I haven't looked at the availability of venues yet. Watch this space for further announcements and feel free to offer comments or suggestions.

Jun 6, 2017 at 3:18 PM Post #45 of 412
That's great, Ken! I personally would prefer an early weekend in August to beat the summer heat and humidity doldrums. I'll check availability of the Kentlands Clubhouse if you need a venue location.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back