DC Area Head-Fi Meet Planning (ongoing)
Feb 8, 2017 at 10:01 PM Post #16 of 412
There's a chance I could make my office available for a meet. K Street NW near Farragut North. Would that be of interest? Saturday afternoons and Sundays could work. Lots of space and potentially no cost. Heat/AC may not be working though. Should I inquire further?

As for March: I'll be in Berlin for work on the 11th and either Florence, Italy or Seville, Spain for vacation on the 18th. That's the plan at least.

Feb 9, 2017 at 9:30 AM Post #17 of 412
There's a chance I could make my office available for a meet. K Street NW near Farragut North. Would that be of interest? Saturday afternoons and Sundays could work. Lots of space and potentially no cost. Heat/AC may not be working though. Should I inquire further?

Is there parking available?

No heat / A/C shouldn't be an issue in March. Plus, if there's a lot of tube amps present, then you've got your space heaters right there if it's cold. 
smily_headphones1.gif

Having said that, I've got nothing planned for any of the weekends mentioned and Sundays are fine as well.

Feb 9, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #19 of 412
Parking is always a cost in downtown DC, though there are plenty of garages around K Street and Farragut North.

How many people should we expect for this? Attendees vs people bringing equipment? Vendors?

Feb 9, 2017 at 4:41 PM Post #22 of 412
Walked over to the Gaithersburg, MD Kentlands Carriage House location - looks cozy but clean and well equipped for a get together for 20+ people. 

It is a single room with a separate bathroom. Heating is on all the time according to the community manager so no issue with colder weather.

Lots of free parking, but there is an Arts Barn and some other function buildings right there as well that might also be in use depending on when we choose to use the space. An event like a wedding would take up a lot of the available parking, but I did not see anything scheduled for March yet.

The building is ground level access for anyone in a wheelchair. The bathroom is large enough for easy wheelchair access as well, lots of toilet paper and paper towels, cleaning supplies that we could use as required.

The room is stocked with two 8-foot folding tables, one 6-foot folding table, six folding card tables, a writing board, about 20 folding chairs.

There are five two-outlet power outlets, a couple of small waste bins, 

We would have to put away any of the tables and chairs we use, do a broom sweep and remove any trash after we finish.

Most weekend afternoons are available in March. There is a yoga group that is in there until 11:00 a.m. if we want to do a Sunday, but we can reserve for 12 Noon through 4:00 or 5:00 p.m. 

No charge for using this place if we leave it clean after we are done.

Let me know if you have any questions!

Feb 9, 2017 at 10:03 PM Post #24 of 412
Parking is ALWAYS a problem... sorry, as someone who doesn't have a car, it's not the first thing I think of. Garage access would not be possible :frowning2:

Feb 13, 2017 at 7:05 AM Post #27 of 412
@PJABBER, I think you've got a quorum 
wink_face.gif

Just pick a Sunday in early to middle of March, sign up for the room, and we'll be there!

Feb 13, 2017 at 12:28 PM Post #29 of 412
  @PJABBER, I think you've got a quorum 
wink_face.gif

Just pick a Sunday in early to middle of March, sign up for the room, and we'll be there!

Cool! I will see about getting the Carriage House on Sunday, March 19 from 12 Noon - 5:00 p.m. Should be enough time to set things up and clean up afterward.

Will 1:00 - 4:00 p.m. be enough time for the listening sessions, followed by an optional late lunch/happy hour at a local pub afterward?

I think it would be great if we can have a few speakers make some 15 minute presentations at this event. The space is compact enough that we won't need any amplification for presenters and there is a white board for illustrations and the like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back