Cowon Plenue R - All Round Player
Jul 22, 2017 at 7:35 AM Post #16 of 448
Watch that become £535! If I'm wrong I'll stick my hands up but I doubt it somehow...

Hmmm. I don't see how that is remotely competitive against the Onkyo Rubato or Pioneer Private. Both of those have balanced out and twin slots. The cost of the extra 128GB mSD card will not take these two anywhere near £535 - more like £435 for the Onkyo and £385 for the Pioneer.

The Plenue D is still the only DAP that makes any financial sense as it is the only one with sufficient battery capacity to have a long service life ahead of it. All these overpriced wonder toys will be little more use than bricks in two years time.

Jul 27, 2017 at 5:49 AM Post #17 of 448
These Plenues are breeding like rabbits!
Looks pretty cool though & nicely spec'd, weirdly close in price to the M2...

Last edited:
Aug 20, 2017 at 6:00 PM Post #18 of 448
So cost around 450-500 euro then is good for me, Cowon need a player between Cowon Plenue D and Cowon Plenue M2
Anyone can comment if the software buttons is same Plenue M2 it had 3-4 themes that could be changed that what i like with M2
but i got Plenue D over Plenue M2 because of Price was too high for M2 for me, Plenue R look like the best player so far i like everything how it look
but need to know if software theming is same as M2.
And release date for Europe is not up on Cowon france yet, hope it be up for sale on advancedmp3player
http://www.cowon-france.com

this is the theme i like on M2, i think plenue 1 has same theme
so would be good if plenue R is same
5Re1UWB.jpg

And this Theme on Plenue 1 and M2 which would be good on Plenue R
I like the Triangular buttons
4OWGDW7.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 11:34 AM Post #22 of 448
Hey,

I got to try it a few days ago here in Japan and it's a really nice player! The overall design is really cool (I enjoyed the texture on the back) and it's very light.

It's much smoother than the PD but that 17 hour-battery life is a no no. Make it 50 and we'll talk Cowon!

Last edited:
Sep 12, 2017 at 5:04 PM Post #23 of 448
Hey,

I got to try it a few days ago here in Japan and it's a really nice player! The overall design is really cool (I enjoyed the texture on the back) and it's very light.

It's much smoother than the PD but that 17 hour-battery life is a no no. Make it 50 and we'll talk Cowon!

That's good that the sound is smoother. I need a more natural sounding DAP.

Sep 12, 2017 at 9:06 PM Post #25 of 448
Sorry, I meant the UI is much smoother than the D. As for the sound, not too sure as I could only demo the songs they put on it (not my music).

Oh. OK. I'm really happy that the UI is very smooth. I really want to test out the Plenue R.

Sep 16, 2017 at 12:46 PM Post #26 of 448
For those that are in the US the Japanese import version has shown up on Amazon for $575 : https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07543TPS3
though personally I would wait for the official US Cowon/Jeteffect on ebay/amazon

It's crazy how crowded the DAP market is & so many new daps out all at once. Leaning ZX300 - for fanboy reasons I guess, but not having 2.5mm & finally being able to get USB DAC capable DAP from Sony also nice. Though as usual the Cowon more transparently spec'd (at least Sony finally providing some power, though I'm assuming their specs are into 16ohm, cowons are usually 32 afaik?) for much better price, and even a little smaller in volume according to provided dimensions (96513 vs 103512 mm^3... and the new shanling m3s even a little bit smaller 86841)... ok now maybe I am talking myself back into R....:money_mouth:

Last edited:
Sep 29, 2017 at 3:02 AM Post #30 of 448
Does the release of the Plenue R spell the end for the Plenue D as it came out in 2015 and still no updated model? I've never been able to figure out how Cowon handles their DAP releases.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back