1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Cowon Plenue R - All Round Player

Discussion in 'Portable Source Gear' started by kel77, Jul 14, 2017.
First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last
  1. twister6 Contributor
    Plenue R, incoming very soon for review! :wink:

AndrewPL and stoobot like this.
  2. cj3209
    Anyone know if its possible to connect plenue micro USB out to my external DAC/amp? I don't use optical...

3. twister6 Contributor
    I don't believe there is digital out. Instead, you can use it as DAC/amp.

4. EagleWings
    Your post shocked me for second there. I guess what you meant was 'it can't do digital out via USB'. This would be one amazing device to be used as a source for DAC/Amps like Mojo or Hugo. With its splendid UI and EQ, this device is on my radar as my ideal source/transport, as I have plans of buying a Hugo 2.

For people on the same boat as mine and are Hi-Res and DSD users, I should add that the optical digital output has its limitation when it comes to very high sampling rates.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  5. jmills8
    The other cowons cannected to the Hugo.

Last edited: Sep 29, 2017
  6. EagleWings
    This model has 17Hrs of battery life. And plus it has bluetooth, so that I can play wirelessly on my Bose Soundlink speakers.

7. twister6 Contributor
    Yeah, you know what i mean lol! He was asking about microUSB port :wink:

EagleWings likes this.
  8. bluedolphin
    I like this, could you make a Youtube video when you get it

9. bluedolphin
    No, because i have Plenue D so no :)

10. twister6 Contributor
    Sorry, i write reviews, don't make videos.

11. fish1050
    I don't mean discontinuing current Plenue D but the possible release of a Plenue D2 or MK II or whatever since the Plenue D is getting pretty old now (released 2015)

12. bluedolphin
    Oh ok, What would you like to see improved?
    I personaly like Cowon Plenue D as it is, if is updated i hope it will have same size, i have like 4 Leather cases for the current one

13. cj3209
    I'm hoping to pick up a Plenue R soon as I've always enjoyed the 'Cowon' sound from my old Plenue 1, which I miss. I liked the Plenue 1 better than the AK 120ii. I'm wondering if the Plenue R will sound better than my current Onkyo DP-X1a which sounds pretty decent.

14. Raketen
    The Plenue 1 is only $400 now, if you don't need all the extra features.

kfarndog likes this.
  15. fish1050
    Mainly the addition of AptX bluetooth but also slighly more responsive operation and better sound quality. I am a purist and like listening to music without manipulation via sound enhancements. The Plenue D requires to much customization of sound features to actually sound good to me. I am looking at the Sony A45 as my next DAP for that very reason plus of course AptX HD bluetooth.

First

Back
1 2
4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13
Next

Last