Cowon PLENUE M2 (Current Firmware and Manual Links in 1st post)
Apr 6, 2017 at 12:06 PM Post #301 of 545
Here is the guy I got my screen protector from and the same guy you got your case from and it fit perfectly . I  used this brand on my AK JR as well and fit great and high quality .

Here is the link: 

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cowon-Plenue-M2-LCD-Screen-Protector-Clear-type-Front-2-by-Healingshield-/152327580001?hash=item23776e6961:g:MS0AAOSwiONYNBC7

Same price as it was in Jan. when I bought mine. 

Enjoy it Wayne and with this protectorandcase you are now moblie music man. 

I let mine burn in for 50-60 hours. I bought an amp since I drive planar headphones and I wanted to drive anything on the market so I spent more on the portable amp. RSA Blackbird SR-71B which is balanced and is hand built by Ray Samuels and it is so quite and powerful and makes the best portable stack dedicted to playing loseless file and not too big. Photos attached . 

How are you connecting SR-71B to your PM2, using Optical out?

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:00 PM Post #302 of 545

Here is the guy I got my screen protector from and the same guy you got your case from and it fit perfectly . I  used this brand on my AK JR as well and fit great and high quality .

Here is the link: 
  http://www.ebay.com/itm/Cowon-Plenue-M2-LCD-Screen-Protector-Clear-type-Front-2-by-Healingshield-/152327580001?hash=item23776e6961:g:MS0AAOSwiONYNBC7

Same price as it was in Jan. when I bought mine. 

Enjoy it Wayne and with this protectorandcase you are now moblie music man. 

I let mine burn in for 50-60 hours. I bought an amp since I drive planar headphones and I wanted to drive anything on the market so I spent more on the portable amp. RSA Blackbird SR-71B which is balanced and is hand built by Ray Samuels and it is so quite and powerful and makes the best portable stack dedicted to playing loseless file and not too big. Photos attached . 

How are you connecting SR-71B to your PM2, using Optical out?

Just going 3.5 mm out on low power setting take it to 130 out 140 setting. The 3.5mm jack is also supposed to be optical out and I have no tiried since my amp uses a 3.5mm jac or a RSA 4 pin connector if the player was balanced out. I hear no noise when music isn't playing . The Sr-71b has low , medium and high gain settings based on planar cans or IEM's. Let me know if it will work and want you are plugging into. 

Apr 6, 2017 at 1:28 PM Post #303 of 545
Just out of curiosity, I am listening to Mindy Smith and Mumford and Sons on my HE 400i phones, on high output and it sounds great!!!!
Not the most demanding music but what is not to like?????
YMMV,
God Bless,
Wayne

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:04 AM Post #304 of 545
Just going 3.5 mm out on low power setting take it to 130 out 140 setting. The 3.5mm jack is also supposed to be optical out and I have no tiried since my amp uses a 3.5mm jac or a RSA 4 pin connector if the player was balanced out. I hear no noise when music isn't playing . The Sr-71b has low , medium and high gain settings based on planar cans or IEM's. Let me know if it will work and want you are plugging into. 

Thanks, the only thing bugging me from getting PM2 is that there no line out like Fiio X5 3 or Onkyo DP-X1 or ibasso dx80, 200. I want to use an AMP to power my HD650.

Apr 7, 2017 at 9:35 AM Post #305 of 545

Thanks, the only thing bugging me from getting PM2 is that there no line out like Fiio X5 3 or Onkyo DP-X1 or ibasso dx80, 200. I want to use an AMP to power my HD650.

I looked  a Filo and toomany bugs in their firmaware and takes at least year  to get hem worked out. The Onkyo  at the time on version was able to be purchased in US and I would have to bought version 2 from Japan. I really like that PM2 is a very stable, fast booting, great sounding player that is built like a tank. No Android and WIFI to mess up your music. Don't get me wrong I am Android fan and have Google Pixel Xl and won't be going back to Samsung anytime soon. The other plus for the PM2 is at time it was $599 from Amazon in the US. I have Samasung 256GB card in mine with no problems. 

The power in the PM2 on headphone mode was good to drive my HE 400I's but since adding the amp theplayer just has much more power and sound quality went up. 

No product is perfect and I finally listed what where my top needs in a DAP and avoided wants that other people told me I needed such as Tidal. 

I hope that clears the water for you. 

Apr 7, 2017 at 4:06 PM Post #306 of 545
  I looked  a Filo and toomany bugs in their firmaware and takes at least year  to get hem worked out. The Onkyo  at the time on version was able to be purchased in US and I would have to bought version 2 from Japan. I really like that PM2 is a very stable, fast booting, great sounding player that is built like a tank. No Android and WIFI to mess up your music. Don't get me wrong I am Android fan and have Google Pixel Xl and won't be going back to Samsung anytime soon. The other plus for the PM2 is at time it was $599 from Amazon in the US. I have Samasung 256GB card in mine with no problems. 

The power in the PM2 on headphone mode was good to drive my HE 400I's but since adding the amp theplayer just has much more power and sound quality went up. 

No product is perfect and I finally listed what where my top needs in a DAP and avoided wants that other people told me I needed such as Tidal. 

I hope that clears the water for you. 

How you are connecting an AMP to PM2?

Apr 12, 2017 at 4:29 AM Post #309 of 545
Well guys, I am putting more hours in on the P M2 to break it in, but honestly not hearing any noteworthy change.  I have listened totally on NORMAL for the first 150+ hours, just to see what she does as a base line.
And am WELL IMPRESSED!!!!!  When a song is recorded well and has bass (confessed basshead here) then it comes through in spades, sounds awesome!!!!
But let's face it, some songs are not recorded well, or just need some help.
So I finally turned on and tried the EQ, JetEffect 7 and BBE+ with presets.  HOLY MOLY!!!!
On a track that has bass already and is well recorded they do not help.  BUT on the vast majority of music that is not well recorded, especially older music/recordings, the improvement is amazing!!!!
You can find a setting that will make the music totally delightful and impactful, rich and wonderful sounding.
Music without bass (but should have) just does not have the fundamental foundation to support the music, IMHO.  But that can be brought out.
I am finding the effects TOTALLY ADDICTIVE!!!!
Once added and you hear how well it works, there is no going back.
So this player just increased in value to me X 10!!!!
Very happy with this baby over here in Thailand!!!!!
God Bless,
Wayne

May 19, 2017 at 12:50 PM Post #311 of 545
May 29, 2017 at 11:18 AM Post #312 of 545
Hello

Today I purchased the COWON PM2, and if you will, I would be happy to share with you my hearing experience.
Just note that I am not an expert in the field, just very fond of hearing all kinds of music.

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:17 AM Post #313 of 545
Does anybody know if the M2 supports native DSD or just converting to PCM?

Jul 25, 2017 at 10:40 AM Post #315 of 545
And they sound amazing

Yeah thats for sure :wink: I got both the M2 and the Plenue 2 for testing :beyersmile: . And the P2 shows in the status bar "Native TX DSD" and the M2 shows nothing thats because I was wondering.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back