Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Jun 25, 2017 at 9:30 PM Post #4,831 of 22,490
Excellent! The wait is almost over. Curious, did you replace your TT with the HoloAudio?

A couple of options...the Benchmark DAC3 HGC and Kitsune L3 Holo Spring DAC. Great for some options here at home and work.

Jun 25, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #4,832 of 22,490
Jun 26, 2017 at 1:21 AM Post #4,835 of 22,490
I'm looking for a good interconect cable to use between my hugo 2 and my violectric 281. Only xlr cables in the house until now
I'm still waiting my pre order, but want to order the cables now.
Those friends that had listen to hugo, have any recommendation? Silver, copper? Cheers

I am using anticables 5.2 to connect 2Qute to Liquid carbon. Noticeable upgrade above my previous 88pct silver cables I was using in terms of clarity and enjoyment. Recommended!

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:17 AM Post #4,838 of 22,490
Cambridge Audio (AUD500 TWIN PHONO TO TWIN PHONO). excellent build quality and sound £30:military_medal:

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:29 AM Post #4,840 of 22,490
tri-axial design with a special 112-strand Litzed braided screen.

24K gold plated plugs

Jun 26, 2017 at 3:37 AM Post #4,841 of 22,490
tri-axial design with a special 112-strand Litzed braided screen.

24K gold plated plugs

Pretty much everything has gold plated plugs and some would say that too many strands spoil the brew. At the end of the day it is that sound that counts.

Epic Analogue cable from the Chord cable company looks like a good match for Hugo2. Don't short change yourself by using an inferior cable. 360 pounds seems like a sensible spend for the Hugo2.

Last edited:
Jun 26, 2017 at 5:14 AM Post #4,842 of 22,490
I still think that the Hugo TT sound´s better than Hugo 2. Maybe not in all aspects. I think that what Rob has done to the feeling of naturalness or musicality of the music with this advanced filtering technique will get better with each and every "tap".
But I don´t think that this is everything what makes music believable. I don´t own the TT but I added super capacitors to the Hugo1 my self and it makes a huge difference to my ears. The dynamics became much more precise and the overall sound was much more like live music because of this added authority. I listend to the Hugo 2 and it did not have the attack and authority to my ears as my Hugo with added super capacitors. I did not have much time to listen for long time but my first impression was that it has again this mushy feeling like my Hugo had in the beginning (without the capacitors). So I still think that if you have the TT you don´t sell it for Hugo 2. But also I think it depends on what headphones you use. If don´t need that force and attack to your music, maybe the Hugo 2 will be better for you because of the better "musicality".
Sorry for my bad vocabulary
Greetings from Germany :)

Hmm, that's an interesting take on things.
But why do you mention TT when you are actually talking about having added supercapacitors to your HUGO 1?
Did you put the "same" super capacitors that are in TT or others?
Applying some logic here again would indicate that doing the same,ie adding super capacitors to HUGO 2 would reap both the benefits of more taps and improved filters and better capacitors provided HUGO 2 does not already have super capacitors fitted of course.
What if maybe Chord is saving those super capacitors for TT 2 instead of adding them to HUGO 2 which they most probably could easily have done just as easily as adding proper galvanic isolation and full size usb connectors and rca ports had they so desired.
I still remember that one of the things both Rob and John mentioned when I asked them in which respects the Hugo TT John was holding,was better than HUGO,was "better capacitors" than HUGO.
It would be interesting to hear what type of capacitors they put in HUGO 2. Are they super capacitors or not?
And if not ? Why not?
How much did you pay for your supercapacitors?
And what brand are they?
Where they difficult to fit yourself?
Any such change of internal parts would of course void your guarantee.
Vielen Dank. "I wart auf Antwort."

Jun 26, 2017 at 7:51 AM Post #4,844 of 22,490
My dealer said he hopes to receive shipment around 4th of July or so and ship out thereafter. This would mean delivery mid July. The price dropped $100 US once he got word from the distributor. :o2smile:
the magic word is "hope".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back