Chord Electronics - Hugo 2 - The Official Thread
Apr 27, 2017 at 2:10 PM Post #3,227 of 22,475
After all it's not July, but just about two weeks away. :frog:

Apr 27, 2017 at 3:00 PM Post #3,230 of 22,475
Nice ! When did you last get that update? Last week?
It was an email dated Apr 11th that quoted Apr 28th.
The dealers website has a public message stating 'delay 3 to 5 days', but that message could be to inform anyone thinking about placing a new order today.
So factoring in the bank holiday, I am assuming the best case scenario is I get my H2 next week, or worst case the week after. I anticipate another email tomorrow or Saturday, with the exact status.
You originally asked about the UK - surely someone really keen will drive to their dealer tomorrow, and pick up their H2, and then the lucky person will have a bank holiday weekend to play with it, and post the first user review.
I'm chilled - it feels like the last 100m before the finishing line. :)

Apr 27, 2017 at 7:38 PM Post #3,233 of 22,475
My dealer in the UK spoke the words two weeks on the phone yesterday.............? for a black hugo 2 which has a deposit down for it. im sure chord will somehow resolve the ios issue or at the very least make their position known so looking good all round.

i also find the new site is constantly logging me out and that all the photos for each thread have disappeared.

Apr 27, 2017 at 8:41 PM Post #3,234 of 22,475
With Chord now partnering with Roon for the Mojo Poly, what are the chances of a Hugo 2 Poly (which would be larger) having an ethernet input for hard-wired Roon streaming. For those of us that may not have the most reliable Wi-Fi for Hi-Res streaming and rely on the reliability of ethernet?
@ChordElectronics
Of course the price of the Poly is around the same price as existing Roon endpoints like the microRendu, SMS-200 and more expensive than existing Raspberry Pi Roon endpoint solutions. But it would eliminate the need to find the right cables and power supplies for those endpoints etc etc.

If not for the Hugo 2 Poly, I wonder if Rob and John are considering ethernet inputs and Roon Ready-ness for their future Dacs. That would be cool...

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 12:31 AM Post #3,235 of 22,475
Roon ready is already printed next to hugo 2 on the chord website? also if you download roon to a solitary imac which i use i assume my imac becomes the roon endpoint automatically? ie why do you need an end point if you use 1 desktop computer already. when roon does mqa i will join as long as tidal hifi sound is identical. the GUI and metadata big plus for me. my imac is wired ethernet at 150mbps with a 512 gb ssd. the whole roon thing is new to me.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 1:59 AM Post #3,236 of 22,475
Roon ready is already printed next to hugo 2 on the chord website? also if you download roon to a solitary imac which i use i assume my imac becomes the roon endpoint automatically? ie why do you need an end point if you use 1 desktop computer already. when roon does mqa i will join as long as tidal hifi sound is identical. the GUI and metadata big plus for me. my imac is wired ethernet at 150mbps with a 512 gb ssd. the whole roon thing is new to me.

Hi mate, you're only thinking about the Dac close to the PC running Roon, connected with a USB cable. But as an example, if you have an iMac in your home office running Roon, with Mojo's Poly and a WiFi network you will have a Roon Endpoint anywhere in your house (headphones or a HiFi setup). That's cool if your WiFi network at home is good for 24/192 and/or DSD. And as I mentioned before that means no more fretting about which endpoint and associated cables and power supplies to buy.

Ethernet would be amazing for better reliability - if not for the Hugo2 then bigger Dacs in the future. Now that they're getting familiar with Roon I'm sure they're thinking about it (maybe?).

A WiFi Roon Endpoint with the Mojo Poly is a fantastic start and perfect for a device that small and portable. But ethernet would be great for the bigger Dacs later, for better reliability. And then with ethernet you open up other possibilities like Ravenna and others (later, when they mature more), not only tied to Roon. Exciting times going forward :)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 2:53 AM Post #3,237 of 22,475
Hi mate, you're only thinking about the Dac close to the PC running Roon, connected with a USB cable. But as an example, if you have an iMac in your home office running Roon, with Mojo's Poly and a WiFi network you will have a Roon Endpoint anywhere in your house (headphones or a HiFi setup). That's cool if your WiFi network at home is good for 24/192 and/or DSD. And as I mentioned before that means no more fretting about which endpoint and associated cables and power supplies to buy.

Ethernet would be amazing for better reliability - if not for the Hugo2 then bigger Dacs in the future. Now that they're getting familiar with Roon I'm sure they're thinking about it (maybe?).

A WiFi Roon Endpoint with the Mojo Poly is a fantastic start and perfect for a device that small and portable. But ethernet would be great for the bigger Dacs later, for better reliability. And then with ethernet you open up other possibilities like Ravenna and others (later, when they mature more), not only tied to Roon. Exciting times going forward :)

Apr 28, 2017 at 2:57 AM Post #3,238 of 22,475
My set would be very simple. iMac running roon core connected to one dac my hugo 2. out of interest until i can implement real isolation on my imac am i okay to stream tidal hifi lossless with wifi from my macbook air? no risk of losing signal etc? the tidal posters reassured me its ok but i'd like to check again here.

also i found 29 nice images from a Japanese site showing hugo 2 in use. just click on the first image by scrolling to the top of the page to access the other 29 images in a slideshow.

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/review/1052221.html#020_s.png

thanks to all MK.

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:08 AM Post #3,239 of 22,475
My set would be very simple. iMac running roon core connected to one dac my hugo 2. out of interest until i can implement real isolation on my imac am i okay to stream tidal hifi lossless with wifi from my macbook air? no risk of losing signal etc? the tidal posters reassured me its ok but i'd like to check again here.

also i found 29 nice images from a Japanese site showing hugo 2 in use. just click on the first image by scrolling to the top of the page to access the other 29 images in a slideshow.

http://av.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/review/review/1052221.html#020_s.png

thanks to all MK.

Hi mate, what do you mean by losing signal? Your MacBook Air losing WiFi connection? Very hard to know how stable your home WiFi connection is and if it can stream Tidal. If Tidal is working without interruptions to playback I think you're fine :)

Nice photos there. Plenty of room for my RCA connectors :)

Last edited:
Apr 28, 2017 at 3:45 AM Post #3,240 of 22,475
the new site is confusing me. don't know what i've done here. :link: no option to cancel posts if you make a mistake. no thread photos. constant logging out. difficult navigation.......etc...etc.:triportsad:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back