Chord Electronics ☆ Poly ☆ (wireless & microSD module for Mojo) ☆★►USEFUL INFO on 1st PAGE!!◄★☆
Jun 5, 2017 at 10:30 AM Post #1,636 of 18,821
Thank you for url. I've owned Mojo for many years and love it. Realize Poly has not shipped yet though can see by my prior post how one would think otherwise. Hoping Chord updates their Mojo/Poly online pdf guide with some known to function well apps with Poly. I've owned and used Aurender and Lumin apps for their devices and liked those apps, of course those apps were made specifically for Aurender and Lumin devices. My past experiences using most third party apps for other devices has been hit and miss - mostly the latter.
I think it should be relatively easy to find a music player app that will work with the Poly.
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...-in-1st-post-◄★☆.831347/page-22#post-13154426
https://www.head-fi.org/f/threads/c...★►specs-in-1st-post-◄★☆.831347/#post-13145529

Jun 5, 2017 at 11:15 AM Post #1,637 of 18,821
1. Audio quality over Airplay should be pretty amazing right?

AirPlay is limited to 16 Bit / 44.1kHz, so anything not being in this sample rate will be converted to this, up or down. But yes, that can still be amazing.

Jun 6, 2017 at 5:14 PM Post #1,639 of 18,821
The whole point of the Poly design was to make its hardware smart and competent enough from the outset that it's capable of being continually up graded over the Internet with new features. We have achieved that aim! The first units are now close to being finished and we will be shipping very soon

That's excellent news. Thanks for engaging with all members of the community here. That really says a lot about Chord.
Cant wait to get a Poly once released.

Jun 11, 2017 at 3:06 PM Post #1,641 of 18,821
Think I will abandon Chord Poly purchase. Why? Because wanted to use Poly's SD card with daemon control app and am disappointed with apps available for iPad. Many of these apps are mediocre to start with, not updated in timely fashion, no longer supported or litany of other issues with them to include security vulnerabilities. Unsure about pay daemon apps I looked at, but if they have no trial period, count me out. So appreciate audio device manufacturers who develop dedicated apps and have almost always preferred the dedicated ones I've used to third party ones. Understand third party can inspire improved apps in principle, but in reality usually a let down. Internet chock-full of abandoned apps. Do due diligence or use third party apps at your risk. Chord - pdf short list of daemon apps that function really well with Poly + phones/tablets, Android and iOS with UI's that are not death to user eyes.

You're going to cancel your purchase of a device that effectively nobody has tried yet because you can see into the future and know that none of the iOS apps are going to work properly? And that last sentence - is that a poorly phrased question or the entitled demand that it comes across as?

Jun 12, 2017 at 6:23 PM Post #1,646 of 18,821
I remember now that I knew full well what the Poly was supposed to retail for, when I bought the Mojo in February ...

Forgot that over the last few months...

Just looked it up to remind myself. I know I shouldn't, but I got a serious case of sticker shock all over again!

Hahaha HA!

Jun 16, 2017 at 8:10 AM Post #1,647 of 18,821
I remember now that I knew full well what the Poly was supposed to retail for, when I bought the Mojo in February ...

Forgot that over the last few months...

Just looked it up to remind myself. I know I shouldn't, but I got a serious case of sticker shock all over again!

Hahaha HA!
I wonder if you have any idea what technology is inside Poly and what it will do for your Mojo there are many far less capable products in market for mobile players at five times the price and there are plenty of full sized streamer and server products at more than ten times the price that are less capable too. Possibly you've underestimated what has been achieved in Poly One new additional feature that has now been included is that Poly can now act as its own hot WiFi spot and there will be more announcements of features to follow. The first small batch of Poly's around 250 pieces are expecting to ship out from Chord around the 27th of June and that's certainly no laughing matter
volume shipments will commence toward the end of July dependant on outstanding world components suppliers.

Jun 16, 2017 at 8:13 AM Post #1,648 of 18,821
Poly can now act as its own hot WiFi spot

I'm sure that this one feature will make a lot of potential Poly owners very happy. Glad that Chord has worked toward this. Curious now what the other features may be.

Jun 16, 2017 at 11:25 AM Post #1,650 of 18,821
@ John Franks ... I'm foiled by my inability to convey proper intent thru my writing again.

My post and final laugh was intended as a self-deprecating observation of my forgetfulness rather than a 'negation' of the Poly from consideration. I did buy the Mojo after all, with forethought I'd eventually be buying this too; be there sticker shock or not ( I get why there shouldn't be any; thanx for the explaination as well. But the fight between the emotional/irrational and logical parts of the brain rages on. )

Your stuff is world class. Thank you for producing such revolutionary bleeding-edge audiophile equipment.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back